Barbara Walters: Audition

There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,459 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I guess by now that you know that Barbara Walters came out with her autobiography call Audition. No, I haven't read the book, but I happen to browse at a store yesterday, and looked in the index on John Wayne. Earlier in the week or last week, I saw on ET that they were talking about Barbara's book and they happen to talk about John Wayne, so I watched and waited to hear what they said. It was about her move to ABC and the problems she encountered with the staff. Duke sent her a telegram saying, "Don't let the bastards win!" and signed it Duke.

Anyway I looked in the index and found John Wayne. On page 309, that was the story I mentioned above, which was only a sentence or two, and on page 237 (that may be wrong), a paragraph was devoted to his last interview with her. It was nothing special, in the book. If this lady can only devote a few lines to Duke and a whole chapter on Monica Lewinsky, maybe you'll know what kind of book you are reading.

Anyway, I thought I'd tell you about it.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Did you notice that I put this in off topic section? I'd put it in the General Section if she would have devoted more time to Duke.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Barbara Walters who, was she a tv person? lol

Someone from the funny live TV show called: Saturday Night Live, used to portray her in some skits and she was funnily known as: "Barbawa Wa Wa."

Anyway, Barbara Walters was or still is, shown on TV with her own news and talk show. She does lots of interviews and such. I think one of the TV shows she was on is called: 20/20. Also, she is on another talk show called: The View. As far as im concerned, even though she is a liberal, (she is not a blind lunatic like rosie o'donnel) and she is a person of Class and shows it with her interviews. I like watching her at times.

To sum it up a bit, she is like a female version of Charlton Heston-meaning-not with what she believes in but, that she is a total class act.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• thanks for the update Ringo I had heard of her and was only poking a bit in as much as Lewinski got more mention in her book. Perhaps she felt that was important to discuss in more detail.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• "To sum it up a bit, she is like a female version of Charlton Heston-meaning-not with what she believes in but, that she is a total class act."

Class act my eye.

The most talked about item in this book is that she had an affair with Sen. Edward Brooke who was married.

It's bad enough she had an affair with a married man but revealing it is a sleazy thing to do. She did it to sell books. If a man, such as Heston, had revealed such a thing he would be ripped for kissing and telling.

I never liked Barbara Walters. I think she is a terrible interviewer. If you watch her on The View she doesn't seem to know what's going on half the time. She should retire.