Remaining Actors

There are 21 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,799 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This is a sad topic, but we are losing some of the greatest film stars of all time IMO. I was wondering who is left today as the giant starters of film. Name the ones left from 1920 back.

Here is my start:
    Maureen O'hara (sorry about that, but I started this topic)
    Karl Malden
    Ernest Borgnine

Name ones you know about.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Kirk Douglas
    Phyllis Coates (the original Lois Lane in the Superman TV show)
    Noel Neill (the "better" Lois Lane in the Superman TV show)
    Elizabeth Taylor
    Mickey Rooney
    Eartha Kitt
    Gregg Palmer (was in six movies with Duke!)
    Sidney Poitier
    Jerry Lewis
    Debbie Reynolds
    Angela Lansbury
    Eli Wallach
    Harry Morgan
    Glynis Johns (you might remember her as Mrs. Banks in Mary Poppins)
    Dick Van Dyke
    Ricardo Montalban
    Andy Griffith
    William Daniels (a personal favorite of the Mrs., he was in St. Elsewhere on TV, and played John Adams in 1776)
    Martin Landau
    Peter Graves
    Nehemiah Persoff
    Michael Ansara
    Robert Loggia
    Michael Constantine
    Harry Carey, Jr. (:headbonk: )
    Pat Carroll
    Celeste Holm
    James Garner
    Richard Attenborough
    Barbara Hale
    Ed Ames
    Roger Moore
    Patti Page
    Cliff Robertson
    Gina Lollobrigida
    Leslie Caron

That's just a few, but at least doesn't still feel like EVERYbody's gone!

P.S. The ones in bold were born in 1920 or earlier.

• I think this lady was truly one of the greatest female stars of all, and performed during what was Hollywood's Golden Age.

Joan de Beauvoir de Havilland was born in 1917 and the sister of Olivia de Havilland (born 1916), the person Stumpy was talking about. You may not who that is by that name but you do know Joan Fontaine, which is Olivia's sister who is also still living. Interesting little fact that I didn't know until I went to see Stumpy's post.

Chester, there is a lot of people there who were born after 1920 (just for your information).

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• Name the ones left from 1920 back.

Chester, there is a lot of people there who were born after 1920 (just for your information).

My mistake! :headbonk:

I didn't see the last line from your first post!

Many of the stars I named are from 1927 (just happened to be the year I chose to look through). Some of the others are people I wondered about, and checked to see if they were still alive.

I'll get it right the next time!

Chester :newyear:

• Chester, with a little research, this is the year that these people were born. The black bold are the ones that are on 1920 or before. The red type is after 1920. I count only 8 people.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Joan de Beauvoir de Havilland was born in 1917 and the sister of Olivia de Havilland (born 1916), the person Stumpy was talking about. You may not who that is by that name but you do know Joan Fontaine, which is Olivia's sister who is also still living. Interesting little fact that I didn't know until I went to see Stumpy's post.

Unfortunately, by all reports, these two have not gotten along since their early days on the silver screen. This is a shame because both are very talented actresses and should have shared in each other's accomplishments.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• If this helps, stars that are 87 and up are the ones I am interested in. It's not because they are the best but just because this is a good starting point. By the December 31, 2008 those that are born 1920 and before will be 88 years old and older. This is quiet an accomplishment that these people are still around. So if you are not sure you can go to imdb and see most of the actors birth dates.

I may extend this on another thread for 1921-1930.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Sorry Carl, these people are not a part of the criteria for this topic except Ernest Borgnine.

- John Wayne quote

• Looks like there is no one else around. You guys give up too easy! Not sure where we are but I will try to update this with what we have so far a little later.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote