Should Popcorn Be Banned In Theaters?

There are 78 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 21,335 times. The latest Post () was by Lt. Brannigan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Funny thing about this thread is that the theater we go to offers free refills if you buy the large size and guess what, I have 5 in my family so we get that free refill not to mention the free refills on coke. :hyper:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Funny thing about this thread is that the theater we go to offers free refills if you buy the large size and guess what, I have 5 in my family so we get that free refill not to mention the free refills on coke. :hyper:

I forgot about that, ours does the same thing. This is making my mouth water.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Well, Mike, some people are addicted to heroin, cocaine, cigarettes, liquor or whatever. Me, I'm addicted to popcorn and watermelon.

It's watermelon season in my part of the country and I sure been feeding' that addiction lately. Probably one of the best-tasting melons around is one called a Black Diamond. They're huge melons and while they have a lot of seeds, their taste is worth puttin' up with spittin' the seeds.

There's a little town about 20 minutes away that has a watermelon festival every year, with all-you-can-eat free watermelon, street dances, etc. Last weekend was that occasion so I went over last Saturday and bought four big Black Diamonds. I've been in watermelon heaven this past week. :teeth_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Movie theaters and popcorn are like bacon and eggs, they just go together. LOL:wink_smile:

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"

• I agree, i built myself a movie theater at home, a 90" screen, it is great to watch a movie at home with popcorn and a beer. The theater I built paid for itself in less than a year, plus a couch is always better to watch a movie than a hard theater chair.
    Andy:thumbs_up:

• Not only should they keep selling popcorn....they should sell booze! Maybe it would make some of the movies I've seen lately, a little more entertaining! (Or at least SEEM a little more entertaining!)

• My Wife always gets popcorn when we get out to a movie. She would miss it. One thing I would like to see go, is the previews. They show so many that after a while you almost forget what movie you are there to see.
    Oh, and cell phones and people who text throughout the movie. :headbonk:

• One guy was texting so much, the owner of the theater asked him to leave, everyone applauded. If you go to a movie, I feel just sit back and enjoy, the hell with everything else for 2 hours!!!
    Andy:wink_smile:

• Oh, and cell phones and people who text throughout the movie.

I agree on that one. You can see the light from their phones in the seats in front. So why pay to go to the movies then use the phone.

Ditto, ditto, ditto, amen!

I'm pretty attached to my cell phone, but not THAT much. I don't text, but I sure don't make or take phone calls while I'm in the theater. That is REALLY rude!

We went to the movies recently to see Pixar's Up (great movie, BTW, which I heartily recommend), and took advantage of the free refills on the largest container of popcorn, and kept the family happily munching throughout the movie.

We do, however, 'smuggle' in candy from outside sources (one of "the rules" which I flagrantly disregard). I will NOT pay $4 for a $1 box of candy. I had an old purse which I was going to take to Goodwill, but realized it would make an excellent 'movie candy' bag. I used to have to empty my purse when we would go to the movies, but not anymore :wink_smile:.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• We do, however, 'smuggle' in candy from outside sources (one of "the rules" which I flagrantly disregard). I will NOT pay $4 for a $1 box of candy. I had an old purse which I was going to take to Goodwill, but realized it would make an excellent 'movie candy' bag. I used to have to empty my purse when we would go to the movies, but not anymore :wink_smile:.

Mrs. C :angel1:

I knew you was a candy sneaking varmint. Now we can see why Chester married you for your crafty ways. Duke always fell for a gal who could ride, lasso, cook, and sneak candy into a movie.:wink_smile: