General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,168,003 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Duke's female costar from Sands of Iwo Jima has passed away at the age of 87.

Adele Mara, a film and television actress whose many credits included the 1949 John Wayne film "Sands of Iwo Jima," died of natural causes Friday at her home in Pacific Palisades, her family said. She was 87.

http://www.latimes.com/news/ob…0,2843387.story?track=rss

• It is a shame because of all the great ones leaving us when they presented a great product in their talents but also inevitable due to the fact that we all go at one time or another. RIP is due, but wish sometimes they would stay mainly becuase that means that one soon we will depart.

RIP Adele Mara.

Make the most of what you have, and make your mark in postive ways.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We lost a "momument" earlier this week here in Belgium. Bobbejaan Schoepen was one of the best. My dad used to go to his concerts in the 50's, we used to go to his team-park as a family and see his show there before we went home. The shows have long stopped but we still go at least once a year to his theme-park. It was always lovely when we saw him walking there and were able to have a chat with him. Lovely and charming man. He will be missed!
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• I am so sorry for your lost Sally. He seemed to be a great person. Could you tell us a little more about this person? I looked at the video tribute of him, but not familiar with that song they played. Are there any famous songs from his collection of music we may have heard? His appearance at the Grand Ole Opry was before I was born. Did he make any other appearance there?

RIP Bobbejaan Schoepen.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Here is some info Hondo and it's in english, also got some clips. I didn't bother with the flemish/ dutch songs. The clips I found are yodel and whistle songs. Hope you like :wink_smile: His theme- park Bobbejaanland was made into westernstyle and he used to wear a "cowboyhat" and ride his horse meeting the people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbejaan_Schoepen

Yodling Whistler
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Cannonball Yodel
    [extendedmedia]
    [/extendedmedia]

A mouthfull of tricks
    [extendedmedia]
    [/extendedmedia]

• Thanks Sally, for the tribute. I really enjoyed them a lot, but have never heard of these selections. But similar ones that he might have done. It was a real treat to see these clips. And a big loss indeed.

- John Wayne quote

• Dennis featured in some good westerns like Sons of Katie Elder, True Grit and Gunfight at OK Corral. Shame a lot of his life was drug ladled but he did work with some greats in his career.