Name The Ranking Levels For Members

There are 34 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,426 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• That sounds alright. I'll be 90 years old before I ever see 5000 posts at the rate I'm going =)

How about the suggestion the old Chester has posted above.
    600 Post=Hondo -----------750 posts
    700 Post=McLintock!------1000 posts
    800 Post=El Dorado------1500 posts
    900 Post=Big Jake--------2000 posts
    1000 Post=True Grit------2500 posts
    1500 Post=The Shootist--3000 posts

Should we move up the post counts for these levels? Hey newbies feel free to post your thoughts/suggestions too, we're looking for imput from every member!

• I think we have a winner here. great idea! Being Brian B.'s idea, it will be a great tribute to him to have given this to the board. I like Chester's thoughts on spreading out the higher counts. Makes ya feel like ya really earned it. Can't wait to see this implemented. Thanks Kevin! dukefan1

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane+Aug 22 2003, 06:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hondo Duke Lane @ Aug 22 2003, 06:42 PM)</div>

I still like to suggest when you get to 5000. My quote could have been confused,

Cheers, Hondo B)[/b]

I REALLY like Hondo's idea of using the designation "Legend" at some point. If we spread out a little more, and had Legend farther out, we could add more movie titles.

Chester

• :cowboy: Hi, I like this idea as well but, since John Wayne had so many movies, why not make a simple change with every 100th posting after the first 100 posts? Also, to make it where any John Wayne movie can be represented, simply start with the earliest going constantly up to his last movie.

For example: I see that has already been laid out but, some things would be nice to add, such as his Three Mesquiteers movies as well as his Serials like, The Three Musketeers, The Hurricane Express etc. Giving us a chance to utilize some of his lesser known movies which are good like Allegheny Uprising, Jet Pilot etc.

Jest my 2 cents TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Kevin,

Are we ready to rename the posts on this message board? We haven't heard from anyone for a couple of months and I think most of us agree with this change. Just tell us what you want to do and we'll be ready for you on this.

I think we agree on this format.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Just curious if this was still going to happen or not? I realize with the forum issues we currently have it might not be a high priority, but I like the last couple ideas and final draft.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Their is no "diversity" of films in the rankings,they are all of dukes westerns.I think their should be at least maybe one of the Duke's Military films and Drama....HellFights,Brannigan...McQ etc.

-IHW

• :lol: As a pilgrim....... I don't feel I should make any suggestions regarding names or otherwise. I'm just happy getting on the end of all these posts.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• I thought you folks might find this a little amusing, to see our thinking about the ranking levels, around 4 years ago. I encourage you to read this thread from the beginning. However, the quote below will give you a good indication of the direction of our thoughts at the time ~

• Lest anyone think our resurrecting this old thread suggests that we are dissatisfied with the current ranking levels, be assured we were simply sharing it for the humor of it, in that we were projecting out only to 1500 or 3000 posts, both of which have been passed ages ago (and some of which are close to being surpassed by members who have only been around a few months :biggrin:).

Chester :newyear: