Name The Ranking Levels For Members

There are 34 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,669 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi all,

I need some suggestions on what to call the different ranking levels. Click here to view the current names assigned to each level.

The current names suck in my opinion and would like to come up with creative names for the different levels. Have any ideas?? Post them here.

- Kevin

• Kevin,

I haven't had a chance to check out all the new things on the upgraded board, but so far, everything is great :headbonk: (sorry, just had to do that!) :lol: .

Thanks, Kevin, you angel, you :angel1:.

My suggestion for the 1000th post is The Millenium Club. For 500 posts, it could be something like the Half Century club (I realize that a real century is 50, but that's my suggestion anyway).

My wife was thinking that instead of recognizing every 100 between 500 and 1000, maybe have a separate designation at 500, 750, then 1000. Of course, you'll have to rearrange all the fancy, colored blocks . . . :stunned: . . . but that's just one opinion :rolleyes: .

Chester and the Mrs. :wub:

P.S. Monique :chickawow: is gonna have a ball with all the new smilies :gora: !

• Kevin,
    How about giving names of the Dukes movies for each level.
    0=Propman
    25=Standin
    30 Post=Actor
    100 Post=The Big trail
    200 Post=Stagecoach
    300 Post=Red River
    400 Post=Searchers
    500 Post=Rio Bravo
    600 Post=Hondo
    700 Post=McLintock!
    800 Post=El Dorado
    900 Post=Big Jake
    1000 Post=True Grit
    1500 Post=The Shootist

Just an Idea :headbonk:

Brian
    Tulalip Wa

• Thanks Chester, And Extra would fit in easy too.

Brian
    Tulalip Wa

• WOW :rolleyes:
    Mrs and Mr Chester you are right :stunned: This Girl is going to have alot more fun with this new upgrade :wub: Kevin youare an :angel1: is right :blink:

Monique :chickawow:

PS: Brian I :wub: your idea :gora:

• kevin,

i like brianb's idea , and have to say new board looks fab or as we say rice one granny

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• :( That's not fair Chester, we can't be stagecoach, we already passed it :( .

Anyway, BrianB, that is great! I really like what you put together. A lot of thought went into that. I'd be Red River right now, and that is pretty good. :blink:

May I suggest that when we reach 5000, we could put in "Legend". I mean that is what Duke is, right? A Legend! And with 5000 posts, and I know that Chester, Monique, itdo, Robbie, and BrianB would be there before long. Not to mention Dukefan1, Baron, Smokey, Chance, JWfan, RESAR, Kevin, AEC23, GSP, stacy, and many, many others. :gora:

Just an added suggestion. :agent:

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• What I was meaning to do was to quote Hondo from his post and submit a reply. This is what I was trying to post. <_<

Hum....I could go in and zero out everyone post counts. hehehe, that would put me back in the hunt... ;)

Kevin <-----Hitting all the wrong buttons today!

• Well Kevin,

I just fixed my post and you can try again. hehehehe ;)

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I also like Brians suggestion, but heres one of my own. For those people with the fewest votes they could be rated with the worst John Wayne movie ie The conqueor and the more posts the better the film they are allocated and the top post if it is to be 1500 could be rated The Searchers as this is Dukes best movie in my opinion.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hello :rolleyes:

Luv the updated board :wub: Just added photo to profile :uhuh:

Monique :chickawow:

• Well alittle more thought into this.

0 post=Randy Rides Alone
    10 Posts=The New Frontier
    25 Posts=The Man from Utah
    50 Posts=The Star Packer
    The lower post would be from John Waynes B movies as I did his westerns in the
    100-1500 Posts. Robbie I agree that the Searchers by far was John Waynes best western. But if you take a look at the way I listed them it is done more in order of progression. With True Grit which won the Oscar for 1000 posts and The Shootist being for 1500 posts being the tribute to John Wayne.

Just some more thought :headbonk:

Brian
    Tulalip Wa

• Brian

I think your idea is the one that will be implemented and righty so, well done. You could also instead of using the movie names use the character that Duke plays.

Regarding "The Searchers" I look foward to the day when it will be fully apreciated it just disgusts me to see it in 98th position on the IMDB web site and I cant realistially see it riseing to a higher postion so it looks like there is only one direction for that movie.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hey guys,

I like what BrianB has come up with. Is there any adjustments/additions that we want to make?

• Kevin,

What I have shown here is a combination of Brianb's 2 suggestions, using only movie titles for designations, instead of propman, etc, near the beginning, on the left, in black. My wife and I think this is a good idea, but are concerned that going only to 1500 might be too limiting, time-wise. There are folks here who could possibly do that in a year. Then where do we go? In blue we've suggested spreading it out some, to 3000.

0 post=Randy Rides Alone
    10 Posts=The New Frontier
    25 Posts=The Man from Utah
    50 Posts=The Star Packer
    100 Post=The Big trail
    200 Post=Stagecoach
    300 Post=Red River
    400 Post=Searchers
    500 Post=Rio Bravo
    600 Post=Hondo -----------750 posts
    700 Post=McLintock!------1000 posts
    800 Post=El Dorado------1500 posts
    900 Post=Big Jake--------2000 posts
    1000 Post=True Grit------2500 posts
    1500 Post=The Shootist--3000 posts

Maybe after 5000, you could jump every thousand posts instead of five hundred.

We don't know how that would affect the little squares, we didn't go back to look at that.

Here's another thought - the Duke made over 150 movies, and there are plenty that are NOT represented here - what about The Alamo, The Sands of Iwo Jima, They Were Expendable, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Donovan's Reef, The High and the Mighty, and Chisum, just to name a few. If you slipped a lot more of these movies in the progression, in the proper order, you could stretch this out to 10,000 posts.

It might take us 10 years, but we'll get there. :D

Chester :cowboy: and the Mrs. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Aug 18 2003, 04:33 PM
    May I suggest that when we reach 5000, we could put in "Legend". I mean that is what Duke is, right? A Legend!

I still like to suggest when you get to 5000. My quote could have been confused,

Cheers, Hondo B)

- John Wayne quote