Films You Watched Again and again Over the Years (10 times or more)

There are 131 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 52,560 times. The latest Post () was by colkid60.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Since we have several young'ens, we purchased the whole set of Shirley Temple colorized movies on VHS tapes (roughly 18 ) close to twenty years ago. All have been watched at least 10 times, some many more. Some have been upgraded to DVD. I highly recommend them, whether you have young'ens or not.

Chester :newyear:

• Well as Vera Cruz was on TCM this evening, you can chalk that one up as another I will watch time and time again. Gary Cooper, Burt Lancaster, Ernest Borgnine, Cesar Romero, Denise Darcell, Charles Bronson and Jack Elam were all great in it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ringo, I watched Vera Cruz last night myself. Someone once called it video redundancy. You own the movie, can watch it anytime, but get suckered in to watching it on broadcast TV, even if it's inconvenient.
    Anyway, Vera Cruz is one of my top repeats for the same reasons you cite.
    Not counting Wayne movies, because I always watch them countless times:
    Rio Conchos
    Duel at Diablo
    Lawrence of Arabia
    Spartacus
    Jeremiah Johnson
    The Great Escape
    Inherit the Wind
    Moby Dick
    We Were Soldiers
    The Patriot
    Saving Private Ryan
    The Longest Day

And, of course:
    The Magnificent Seven

We deal in lead, friend.

• A few on your list are some of my favorites also, gorch. I Love Jeremiah Johnson and was tickled silly the day I found it on DVD. Same with The Patriot.

I have never seen Spartacus, but I know they have it on hulu.com to watch for free. I'll have to check it out.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Speaking of Miss Temple, I thought she was just precious in Wagon Wheels with Randolph Scott.

Lt. B, you really had us going, because we thought there was a Shirley Temple movie we hadn't seen, and with Randolph Scott, to boot! But alas, t'was not to be . . . I think the adorable young thing in Wagon Wheels must have been Anne Sheridan, because Shirley wasn't listed in the cast (at least not on IMDb). She was with Randolph Scott in Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and Susannah of the Mounties.

Now to get back on topic . . . some movies that I could watch over and over and over again . . . and have (!) . . .

Return to Me
    While You Were Sleeping
    The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer
    It Takes Two
    The Parent Trap
    (1996, especially)
    Ever After
    The Sons of Katie Elder
    Tall in the Saddle

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Hi Gorch, same here. In fact, that was the first Gary Cooper movie I ever got to see. Its one of my top favorites with him in it and very close to Sergeant York and also Beau Geste.

Some fo the others you list are also favorites of mine such as: Spartacus. I can't believe that I STILL have yet to get it on DvD.

• This is a tough topic. I have close to 500 movies in my collection. I would have to say I re-watch 70-80% of them on a regular basis. It's takes along time but I get around to them eventually. The others are one's that I remembered as being good but watching them again, they were not so good.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Yeah, I remember my reaction after re-watching Clint's three spaghetti westerns and the first 3-4 James Bond movies after twenty-five years.

:blow:
    My bubble was popped.

Chester :newyear:

See now I have the direct opposite on Clint's spaghetti westerns. I really didn't remember much of them growing up except that they would be on TV on Sunday nights once in awhile. But I bought the new versions that have better pictures, more documentaries, ect.... I really liked them. In fact I really like "Once Upon a Time if the West". I thought that was great with Bronson, Cardinale, Fonda.....I re-watch that one all the time.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi todd, same with me on my colection. I have so many that it takes forever to get around to themagain, and sometimes I watch a few dozen of the others more than just once or twice before getting to some of the others. Then add in Netflix ;-))

• Lt. B, you really had us going, because we thought there was a Shirley Temple movie we hadn't seen, and with Randolph Scott, to boot! But alas, t'was not to be . . . I think the adorable young thing in Wagon Wheels must have been Anne Sheridan, because Shirley wasn't listed in the cast (at least not on IMDb). She was with Randolph Scott in Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and Susannah of the Mounties.

And for that I apologize, but I was going off faulty information listed on the back of one of the boxes for Wagon Wheels and the girl looked a lot like miss Temple to boot and I failed to further investigate.

• Lt. B,

All is forgiven! How strange that the info on the box is incorrect! Why would you even think to 'investigate' further? I would have done the same as you . . . believed the box :wink_smile:.

Either way, Shirley Temple or Anne Sheridan, it sounds like it was a good movie, that you enjoyed! We'll have to check it out sometime!

• Next to most of the John Wayne Movies:
    Arsenic and Old Laces
    Some Like it Hot
    The Great Escape
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Some of the Star Trek Movies
    The 5th Element
    Witness for the Prosecution
    12 Angry Men
    It's a mad mad mad mad world
    ...... :smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• Thank you for your graciousness.

• More I can ad that ill watch time and time again include:

The Bridges At Toko-Ri,
    The Hunters.
    The Land That Time Forgot,
    Battle of the Bulge.
    The Bridge At Remagen.

Definately lost more to come-later.

• HMMMM... Rio Bravo, El Dorado, Hondo, The Searchers, Hatari, The Cowboy Way, Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man, Heartbreak Ridge.

Does anyone know anything about the statue of Duke in the bar scene of Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, where Don Johnson walks in and salutes Duke. I have been asked about this.

Bob

• Tough topic here. I have seen so many movies over 10 times, it's not funny. I can say that most Duke movies have been viewed by me over 10 times. I also have seen many classics the same way. If you ask me what I watched the most, it might be The Wizard of Oz. But to be truthful, I have no idea. I just don't keep up with that statistic.

The most Duke movies viewed is probably is McLintock!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote