FINALLY!!! That talentless hack Spielberg gets what he deserves!!!

There are 30 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,150 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• As many of you probably know, I am not a fan of Steven Spielberg, to put it mildly. Still, I think that this is a good thing, not only for the anti-Spielberg elements, but also for those of us who hate the endless parade of remakes and rip-offs of classic movies that Hollywood has inflicted upon the movie-going public in recent years.

I can't believe that Spielberg would be so cocky as to try to create a blatant rip off of such a well known classic as Rear Window without even bothering to check with the person who wrote the original story. Hopefully, he'll end up forking over a big, fat check to Cornell Woolrich's estate, all well deserved, IMHO.

Maybe in the future, producers considering doing a remake of a classic movie will at least try to contact and get some input from the people who created the original film. I think that the talented people who created the original at least deserve the courtesy of being asked permission before their work is duplicated.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Hitchcock was a master of film, using shadows with the black and white instead of using color. Spielberg is good but he can't match Hitchcock with mystery. IMHO.

Hopefully they get it figured out.

• Good on them! I'm so sick of these hacks making bad remakes of classics!

Just goes to show that between the whole modern hollywood lot they probably have one active synapse.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Hitchcock was a master of film, using shadows with the black and white instead of using color. Spielberg is good but he can't match Hitchcock with mystery. IMHO.

I agree completely, ShortGrub. Hitchcock's "Notorious" is an excellent example. I love the boom shot from the top of the room as it spirals down to the single key clutched in Ingrid Bergman's hand. Great shot and a wonderful black & white film.

• I have to say, whilst I agree with the way
    some directors and film companies make more poor remakes.
    I would have thought Spielberg had enough brains
    and advisors to check things before he made a remake?
    I do like alot of Spielberg's movies,and he has made some classic timeless films,
    and ones that will live in in movie history for evermore.
    Millions of people love them, and he's made millions out of them,
    so I suppose he kinda got something right??

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 4 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• If you were to come even close to doing a remake right the actors would need to be older because they did not count on special effects to cover their short comings, but their natural character ability was their real talent. The older movies that would be redone would have actors that acted with natural character talent.

• I was surprised when I saw the article that Spielberg had been that silly to leave himself open tolitigation.

When you think of all the films Spielberg has done and genres he has covered the one glaring omission in his CV is a western.

Will he ever make one??

• 99% of all remakes do not attain the quality of the original!

Believe it or not, I've actually seen one or two remakes that I thought were better than the original, though this 70-year-old memory can't remember the exact titles offhand. Let me give it some thought and I'll get back to you.

I thought the remake of "3:10 To Yuma" was as good, if not better, than the original.

I remember one remake that was definitely worse than the original though and that was Tom Selleck's version of "Monte Walsh".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Believe it or not, I've actually seen one or two remakes that I thought were better than the original, though this 70-year-old memory can't remember the exact titles offhand. Let me give it some thought and I'll get back to you.

I can think of three remakes than I liked better than the original(s).

I liked "Red Dragon" better than "Manhunter".

I liked "The Magnificent Seven" better than "Seven Samurai"

I've seen all of the films about Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday and the gunfight at OK corral. I liked "Tombstone" as well or better than the three that preceded it and much better than "Wyatt Earp".

• Another movie I liked more than any of the several that came before and after it that dealt with the Titanic disaster was 1958's "A Night To Remember"

• Another movie I liked more than any of the several that came before and after it that dealt with the Titanic disaster was 1958's "A Night To Remember"

I agree the 1958 version was much better than that mush filled poor excuse of a movie Titanic. Titanic, a perfect example of special effects winning Oscars for actors who are only flashy or eye candy but not talented.

• I agree the 1958 version was much better than that mush filled poor excuse of a movie Titanic. Titanic, a perfect example of special effects winning Oscars for actors who are only flashy or eye candy but not talented.

Not only that but for some unknown reason, I just never have cared for this person.

• Other remakes worth considering are Maltese Falcon which was the third or fourth attempt of making a film out of the book.

Although, I grew up with Jerry Lewis's The Nutty Professor and as a child and thought it was funny it now looks flat compared to Eddie Murphy's movie which is way more funnier.

Peter Jackson's King Kong and it easily tops the 1976 movie. It is unfair to compare it to 1933 movie and both versions in my opinion are classics.

Hammers Dracula easily beats the original Bela Lugosi Dracula.

However, the two remakes that would top my list would be Hollow Man which is a remake of The Invisible Man and Brendan Frazer The Mummy which both blow away the originals.

• STEVEN SPEILBERG IS NOT A TALENTLESS HACK.

He had nothing to do with Disturbia. He is not listed as a producer or executive producer. It was made by Dreamworks, a company he is one of the owners of.

Disturbia is not a remake of Rear Window but it does share plot points.

Odd they waited a year and a half to sue.

Rear Window was remade as a TV movie with Christopher Reeve some years ago.

• I go by my original post,
    wish I could make millions being a talentless hack!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• There are one or two remakes that I thought were much better than the originals-such as: The Four Feathers-I liked the remake much better than the original. Samething goes for the more recent version that came out a few yeards ago called: The Count Of Monte Christo-the one that had Richard Harris in it shortly before he passed away.

As for remakes that I loathe, these include any remake of Stagecoach and Titanic.

Speaking of the Titanic movies, has anybody here seen the 1943 German made movie of the same name? This one was fun to watch because you KNEW it was going to be full of propaganda.

Now, as for my favorite Titanic movie-I pick the 1953 version of Titanic because it is a fictional story based around the real event. Also, I thouhgt the Clifton Webb, Barbara Stanwyck, Robert Wagner and Richard Basehart-all were absolutely fantastic in that movie. A Night To Remember is a favorite Titanic movie of mine as well and that it is my favorite version which is far more accurate than any of the other versions I have seen. As for the movie which had Leonard DiCaprio in it-I liked this one the least of all. Even Raise the Titanic is much better than the DiCaprio version.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..