What was the last book you read or are currently reading?

There are 134 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 30,982 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just finished "The Drifting Cowboy" by Will James (1892-1940). James was a real cowboy, and spent most of his life as a drifting cowboy, going from one ranch to the next. This book contains several stories about his life as a cowboy. If you enjoy non fiction western writing, I would definitely recommend this book. Up next is "Wyatt Earp Speaks!" by John Richard Stephens (my fathers day present!).

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I enjoy reading and have a bad habit of reading several at once. I try to read the Bible regularly. I prefer God's wisdom to mine. I am reading The Shack. It's a Christian novel a friend recommended to me. I am reading Mornings On Horseback. It's about Teddy Roosevelt's formative years. I love the way David McCullough writes. I am also reading John Adams and rereading Lonesome Dove.

Hondo Howard

• By the way, I meant to add I recently read The Searchers whch was reissued in the Spring. The movie is one of my favorites and I am still amazed John Wayne did not win an oscar for that performance. Th ebook is a good read although somewhat different than the movie.

I found it funny that I had to start over and reread the first few chapters. Many of the names are different and I was confusing myself.

Hondo Howard

• I just finished Mamie Van Doren's autobiography. It's a terrific book. I'm currently reading "Rock Hudson: Friend of Mine" by Tom Clark. It's good so far.

• I just finished Gone With The Wind. It was way better than the movie. I had put off reading it for years because it is a mighty thick book. But well worth the time it took me to read it.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I'm currently reading David McCullough's "1776", an account of the American Revolution. (IMO, we need another.)

Always knew you would need us back:box::wink_smile:
    I'm reading Master and Comander by Patrick 'o' Brian ,didnt realise there were so many in the series!!! One down 19 to go:omg:

• I'm reading Master and Comander by Patrick 'o' Brian ,didnt realise there were so many in the series!!! One down 19 to go:omg:

I'm trying to remember if I read all those books - I think I did.

Isn't that a series about a British naval officer sometime during the 17 or 18 hundreds? Similar to the Hornblower series?

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Thats right its following the career of Captain (lucky)Jack Aubrey ,mostly through the Napolionic wars. Russell Crowe was in a film about one of the books .The far side of the world.

• Thats right its following the career of Captain (lucky)Jack Aubrey ,mostly through the Napolionic wars. Russell Crowe was in a film about one of the books .The far side of the world.

I was fairly certain I had already read all that series. In fact, at one time I owned the entire set but if I remember right, I donated them to our local library after I read them.

I saw that movie and thought it was a great film.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Currently rereading a great book by Barbier on the Battle of Kursk. This was the greatest Tank Battle ever. Anyway, im just getting past the part of how the idea for Citadel came about, the reasons behind Hitlers decision to launch an two pronged attack to seal off the Kursk "Bulge."

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I am currently reading Wicked Prep and Dark of the Moon both by John Sandfrod. Also Print the Legend by Scott Eyman and About John Ford by Lindsay Anderson. You can tell I am taking my times reading these.

• I'm reading William W. Johnstone's "The First Mountain Man: Blackfoot Messiah". If you haven't read any of the late author's works, you should. They are right up John Wayne's alley.

• just read a school book so that i could help the little bloke with home work it was called the Chinese Cinderala (hope thats spelt right)

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• The Young Duke. I could write a book this good about John Wayne. It's one of those cheapies that seem to be just thrown together. It isn't really about his early life either. It's a fast read though.

• Im still reading the book about Kursk. The fightings really beginning to heat up quit a bit with several Russian "fronts" facing a few German Panzer Korps and indy units. The timeline now is the night of July 10-11th adn the next days fighting will be THE largest Tank Battle-ever.

After this book, I think im going to start to read a book either by Bill O'Reilly and or Gelm Beck. If that fails to materialize? then my next read will be the first 3 volumes to Armies of the Bear.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..