What I am doing today --- enjoying etc

There are 193 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 47,626 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• we now have 2 more family members, we have adopted 2 adult cats (brother and sister), the little bloke is happy with them both and they have settled into the family quite well. their names are huggles and gremlin, gremlin has taken to alec and gets his nose out of joint if huggles goes and sits on his lap, gremlin is suppose to be the shy one but not with alec they are a match made in heaven.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• i am thankful that i chose to take my little man out of his previous school as at his new school they have found out why he has such difficultiyes with English, it turns out he is an audio learner not a visual learner so now we have to learn new ways to help him to over come this new hurdle but all is good now i know what is wrong.

• Hello All We have had a Magic Summer weather wise, this year. Today I enjoyed T shirt periods mixed with light jacket winds. I think we should plan a trip to Ireland and hoist a few. If ANYONE is interested please E mail me. I also like a California Coast gathering ( Yo Camping ). Who will join me?

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Well it's all right Double E I did not say we should do it in Winter. These things require some time, yet we all know that sometimes you have to do things in order for other things to happen. How about renting a bus for a European tour and we visit some members along the way. I am doing reasonably well. Well the suinrise is coming on line and I am going to saddle up. Ride on

• I think that camping is a very nice way of getting to know folks. There is work involved but as long as everyone does what they can it has proven to be good times for me. As for the bell you speak of EE how does that work?

• Are you telling us that you're getting ready to leave Cornville permanently, Bill?

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Well it's a bit cold and I am about to ride my bycycle to the bus loop where it waits while I go to work and then return. We sell thousands of pointsettias at this time of year and evergreens of many kinds for Seasonal decorations. Lights are up and the house is set except for the tree. hard time to be on a diet but I will try to be good. Santas watching you know. take care and have a nice Holliday if you get one.

• Well it's a bit cold and I am about to ride my bycycle to the bus loop where it waits while I go to work and then return. We sell thousands of pointsettias at this time of year and evergreens of many kinds for Seasonal decorations. Lights are up and the house is set except for the tree. hard time to be on a diet but I will try to be good. Santas watching you know. take care and have a nice Holliday if you get one.

Hi Murray, I'm curious - is everyone in western Canada rich? The reason I wonder is that yesterday, just for the heck of it, I was browsing real estate prices in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver and discovered that asking prices for 1600 square feet condos or bungalows were 400 thousand and up.

Reminded me of housing prices in California (before the bust).

• am looking forward to the next few weeks as i am moving departments at work again i am off to work in the deli department and will have to learn lots of stuff before feb because the manager is off to get married, and to go with the change is another change in my roster getting more hours and the possibility of getting full time after 3 months hope i work out and i get it lol

cheers smokey

• I have been transferring more movies to my external hard drive so that when i go to friends house for a movie, all I gotta do is take the hard drive and the free-agent theater.

And also I have been busy customizing my PSP, now I can take my nes/snes and Gameboy, Genesis and Wolfenstein 3D no matter where i am.

• Today I ordered a new desktop PC from Dell with the Windows 7 OS. Supposed to have it by 30 Dec. I really didn't need it as I never have any problems with my Vista but Dell made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :cry_smile:

• am looking forward to the next few weeks as i am moving departments at work again i am off to work in the deli department and will have to learn lots of stuff before feb because the manager is off to get married, and to go with the change is another change in my roster getting more hours and the possibility of getting full time after 3 months hope i work out and i get it lol

smokey,

We know you're a hard worker! Things are sure to go your way!

Regarding what I was doing today . . . well, I was especially well-fed today, being that it was my birthday. Started out with homemade biscuits and sausage gravy, lunch was more of those biscuits with some leftover turkey gravy, then dinner was roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, asparagus, and acorn squash stuffed with apples and walnuts, followed by German chocolate cake (baked by my 13-year old son). Top all that off with a viewing of one of my favorite JW movies, Sands of Iwo Jima, and it was a great day!

Today I ordered a new desktop PC from Dell with the Windows 7 OS. Supposed to have it by 30 Dec. I really didn't need it as I never have any problems with my Vista but Dell made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :cry_smile:

Now that must have been some offer, if you didn't even need a computer! Let us know how you end up feeling about Windows 7 OS.

Chester :newyear:

• I just got my e-mail situated and able to return back here. I've been out for a week trying to set up my new computer from Dell and get all my stuff in. This is just as bad as moving. Glad to be back.

By the way, this is nice with Windows 7, 23" widescreen HD monitor, and loads of memory.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I just got my e-mail situated and able to return back here. I've been out for a week trying to set up my new computer from Dell and get all my stuff in. This is just as bad as moving. Glad to be back.

By the way, this is nice with Windows 7, 23" widescreen HD monitor, and loads of memory.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

I've got a new Dell with Windows 7 ordered. 6 gigs of RAM and 500 gig HD.
    I didn't order a new monitor though as I have a 22-incher that's only a couple of years old and they usually outlast the PCs themselves by a few years.