What I am doing today --- enjoying etc

There are 193 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 47,485 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Having a quiet day,played with the Brass Band at Lockerbie Riding of The Marches on saturday and ended up totally wrecked .Mrs Carson not happy,got the old "you couldnt just have had a couple of pints" lecture.Still a bit rough the powers of recovery not just as good as they used to be!!!

• looking forward to having thurs & fri off work sat then have sun & mon off worked the queens b'day tax man will love me this week. enjoying my new job except for the drunken bums who come straight out of the boozer to the store, they do sure pen and ink dont know how they can do that to themselves

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Going out to water the garden after the South Africa football game
    Might indulge in a pint of the foaming ale as well!!!

• recuperating from hip replacement surgery!!!

We're enjoying reading a post from you, Jay! Glad you're back, and we pray for a speedy, complete recovery. Stick with the physical therapy and be diligent with the exercises, and you'll be in great shape (we had a friend who broke his hip last year, and he did his exercises religiously, and now you'd never know he could hardly walk a few months ago).

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• babysitting at the moment,going to a playground later to give my kids to play time.then when there all in bed tonight i'll have a few beers and watch a western don't know which one yet as i have tto many.

• Sitting in my office, waiting for the clock to reach 5:00 p.m., then it is home for an adult beverage (or three), some old movies on TCM, dinner and then bed. Wow, what an exciting life...... :uhoh:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• The day began well,some studying ,some listening music,
    enjoying a good Sunday's lunch,
    but after the match Italy v New Zealand,
    it wasn't so funny,no more!

[SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

• We're enjoying reading a post from you, Jay! Glad you're back, and we pray for a speedy, complete recovery. Stick with the physical therapy and be diligent with the exercises, and you'll be in great shape (we had a friend who broke his hip last year, and he did his exercises religiously, and now you'd never know he could hardly walk a few months ago).
    Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

Jim and Sue -
    Thank you for the kind thoughts. It's good to know fine folks as you are thinking about me. I am on the mend, moving around better (my physical therapist, Penny, thinks I'm coming around very well); I'm continuing to use a walker, but fudge occasionally. I should be walking very well in a month or two!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I wish you a VERY speedy recovery friend. My father had to have both of his replaced due to a seizure, and it was not fun. *hugs*

ladybug - thank you for your kind thoughts and hugs. They are so very welcome. May you have a great day!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• just thought that i would share this with you all, last night the not so little bloke and his team the Springfiels Brumbies (basketball) play in the finals and won they were down in the first quarter then they clawed their way back and tied 14-14 in the second quarter, the other team got ahead and we fought our way back to a 20-20 finish in the third quarter, this caused the other team to loose heart and our boys went all out and won the game 30-26. the team that lost has been on the top of the ladder all season with only 1 lose and that was to us they thought that they would walk all over our boys but that didnt happen im so glad that our boys never lost heart and kept on plugging away like the little brumbies they are.

he is playing for both the under 14s and under 16s next season hope he does ok

thanks and cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• That's great, smokey. You must be proud of him. I myself, was never good at basketball. I was a tall child (6' 4" by 16 years old) but never could get the hang of the sport. Congratulations to him and his team!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Having a day off so watching Tour of Duty on fx !!
    Playing with the Brass Band tonight,its the start of Annan Riding of the Marches so we have a wee march up the street with Annan exservicemen pipe band then a concert up the park

• Yesterday I went to a festival in my local park, 4 stages where you could listen to various sorts of music, a kids park, and a stage where we could see dancegroups and such. It was a hot but very fun day.

Friday I am going to Rock- Werchter to see Green Day.

Saturday we have festivities for the Tour de France, we have a few of "old" cyclists here who have done the Tour way back in the 60's and 70's. One of them even won the Tour in 1968 if I am correct.

Then ofcourse it's the Tour passing my frontdoor on sunday. YAY!

• Have the day off from work but will be working at our new house. Only about 2 weeks left before our closing and then we begin the long process of moving in..............

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Jim and Sue -
    Thank you for the kind thoughts. It's good to know fine folks as you are thinking about me. I am on the mend, moving around better (my physical therapist, Penny, thinks I'm coming around very well); I'm continuing to use a walker, but fudge occasionally. I should be walking very well in a month or two!

You know, our friend used a walker for a period of time. I had almost forgotten that until you mentioned using one yourself. Just do what the doctors tell you to do, and I'm sure you will be doing a jig shortly!

just thought that i would share this with you all, last night the not so little bloke and his team the Springfiels Brumbies (basketball) play in the finals and won they were down in the first quarter then they clawed their way back and tied 14-14 in the second quarter, the other team got ahead and we fought our way back to a 20-20 finish in the third quarter, this caused the other team to loose heart and our boys went all out and won the game 30-26. the team that lost has been on the top of the ladder all season with only 1 lose and that was to us they thought that they would walk all over our boys but that didnt happen im so glad that our boys never lost heart and kept on plugging away like the little brumbies they are.

he is playing for both the under 14s and under 16s next season hope he does ok

Congratulations to you, and of course your not-so-little-anymore bloke! How exciting!! Our youngest grandson (about the same age your son was when we all started out here) is on the Little All-Star team in the 8-year old group. They've won two of three games so far!

Have the day off from work but will be working at our new house. Only about 2 weeks left before our closing and then we begin the long process of moving in..............

Todd, we're so glad to hear that your 'project' is progressing! We wish you the best!

having a good day at home went out for lunch with all the family

That wouldn't have been a little birthday gathering, now would it?? :cake: