What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 174,227 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I thought this might compliment the Books trhread-but this time, i was wondering what the last few movies were, that you bought on DvD?

Mine are:

Star Trek The Animated series-which among Trekkies is known as the 4th and partial 5th seasons of the Original Star Trek series. So far it's not been very good but-is OK.

Then I bought: The Bridge Over the River Kwai.

Just in today: I got Vol 3 of 4 volumes called: Warner Brothers Pictures Gangster classics-wich include:
    The Mayor of Hell w/ James Cagney.
    Smart Money w/ Cagney & Edw.G.Robinson.
    Picture Snatcher w/ James Cagney.
    Lady Killer w/ James Cagney.
    Brother orchid w/ Edw.G.Robinson and Bogie.
    The Black Legion w/ Bogie.

TIME LIMIT w/ Richard Basehart and Richard Widmark.

There now that i've said my pieve, ill shut up and let you spill your own beans ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Many of the listings above sound worth getting. I like Two and a Half Men and might start collecting those sometime soon. One movie series I am about to start collecting are the some 15 or so Sharpes Rifles series. This is where I got introduced to Sean Bean ;-))

• I finally purchased the following on widescreen DVD -

The Searchers
    The Sons of Katie Elder
    The Green Berets
    The Shootist

How's that for a John Wayne feast?

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• race to witch mountain, and fast and the furious, got some more movies for my john wayne collection many i already had so now dad has them on dvd. ringo the movie you spoke about is just coming out in the movies here lol.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Smokey, did you mean Star Trek? This Star Trek was animated (was based on the original series and had the same cast as the voices-minus Walter Koenig-who was Ensign Pavel Chekov) and was on I think circa 1974-1975. I've only seen the first several episodes which are fairly OK, but certainly nothing worth remembering ;-)) In fact, if I wind up not caring to keep these in the collection, I might just give them away to who might want them ;-))

I don't know if these can play there in the land of those cute little bears whose name I can spell ;-)) If so? I might be wanting to send these over as the Little Bloke might enjoy them? ;-)) If so? please let me know and ill make this a Christmas gift ;-))

I've also greatly enjoyed the ANZACS and The Lighthorseman Movies you all kindly sent to me. I still love them both after all these years ;-)) Paul Hogan sure was in his prime in those days ;-)) Only one person missing from Anzacs-as far as im concerned-and that was Mel Gibson ;-))

PS, forgot to mention that I think next month I will finally break down and buy: A Night To Remember, along with Warner Gangster Collection vol 1.

Edited 3 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Bewitched 7th & 8th seasons on August 10, 2009 (From DeepDiscount.com)
    The Blues Brothers on August 16, 2009
    Passengers on August 24, 2009
    New in Town on August 29, 2009
    High Society on September 14, 2009

Not much out there right now.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Some more choices to consider getting that you all listed above. I don't know if I mentioned but, I broke down and finally bought a copy of: Bridge Over the River Kwai, Master and COmmander (still unopened) Predator mit der Govenator ;-)) and soemthing else but cant recall the title for now. I got these each for $5 bucks each.

Oh and for Todds sake, I also bought The Untouchables w/ Costner and Connery ;-))

• Howdy Folks,

I just bought a movie that I really like. Since I left the first one in Idaho I had to get another for Texas. It's called, The Music Within. It is about people with disabilities and how they were and are treated, it's a true story.

I have yet to get my Duke movies from my son since I returned but I have bought more to feed the need until I do...

I actually rented Jet Pilot and Circus World from Netflix...

Hope all of you are well here. Seems we've had a lot more new members join us...Love to see that!

Cindy

• Hi Cindy, that sounds like a good movie. Also, had I known you didn't have your Duke movies, I had two extras that I would have given to you, instead to one of my Brothers friends.

• Why thank you kind sir for the gesture....Believe me, I always find a way to get my Duke fix....I really, really want one of his clocks.

So have you mailed off that special letter yet???????

• Hi Cindy, not yet. I typed it out and want to print it but my Brother has been going in and out of town lately to Austin, and I don't know how to hook up his printer to this computer--yet ;-)) Soon as I do, that letter will finally go out. Im hoping he gets back here tomorrow as he also has my cellphone with him since his phone got busted somehow.

Oh and, I am greatly embarassed but, need you address again. I have it but mis-placed it somewhere in my War Room, but can't find it. This time, I will tape it to my wardrobe along with other important addresses already there. I have a (oops, almost let the cat out of the bag) item to send to you that I had picked up as a VERY late Birthday gift for you-when I was out of town and coming back from San Antonio. I think you will like this one ;-))

• Among the new movies purchased lately, these include: Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde, Thunderball, The World Is Not Enough, Time Limit and Ben Hur.

• I confess...I am a Transformer fan, thanks to my grandchildren. I just bought both movies...

Hi Cindy

Apparently there are now 3 Transporter movies and a sequel to Crank which is amazing as he dies in the first movie.

Word of warning Crank is quite violient with a fair selection of cuss words
    and Mr Statham bare ass he seen whilst standing riding a motorcycle.

It would be interesting to see what he could do if offered the right roles.

Mike