2010 Olympics

There are 21 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,870 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• 2010 Olympics in my back 40 has meant a lot of visitors and other changes. is anyone else following them?

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Yes, even if om only semi-interested in sports when the Olympics are on I watch a good deal of the competitions. In Norway this is big. A lot of the competitions are in the middle of the night here.

• Winter Olympics in the South is not such a big deal here. But I watch ever so often and see the skiing, and speed skating. The snow boarding seems interesting. Anyway, I bet I haven't seen 1% of this.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Winter Olympics in the South is not such a big deal here. But I watch ever so often and see the skiing, and speed skating. The snow boarding seems interesting. Anyway, I bet I haven't seen 1% of this.

It doesn't appear to be a big deal here either,
    as in the UK there is general apathy,
    mainly I think from the fact that we're not very good at anything
    in winter sports.
    OK we've won a Gold Medal, but that apart,
    we stand little chance in anything else.
    Most sports are 'elitist' and in a sense
    access to them tends to be out of the reach
    of most normal folks.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Most sports are 'elitist' and in a sense
    access to them tends to be out of the reach
    of most normal folks.

For the most part I agree, Although, another factor is having the terrain in ones country that lends itself to winter sports. The more of this and more people are doing it, and the better some folks get and have an interest in it.

Chester :newyear:

• I have been following the events. The U.S. is doing a lot better in this 21st Olympiad than previously. I remember when we couldn't bust out of a paper bag to get a medal in Winter Games.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I've been watching the hockey games, mostly the mens but, a couple of the womens games, too. My wife and her mother, who's been staying with us for a bit watched the figure skating and ice dancing and a little bit of the outdoor sports. The U.S.-Canada hockey game the other night was a great one and I was glad to the U.S. win but, it was only a preliminary game and didn't mean a whole lot. With the medal rounds beginning, it's going to get better. Right now, I'm watching Canada beat Germany 3-0 in the 2nd period. The Swiss beat Belarus earlier today and face the U.S. next. Who do I want to win? Well, I'm American so I guess the U.S. but, I'm a Detroit Red Wing fan and they have players on the U.S., Swedish, Russian and, Finnish teams so, I'd like to see any of them get a medal. I don't think there are any Wings players on Team Canada.

• Great year for the USA Team with 37 medals. The Canadian team had the most gold and lucked out on the hockey series. Maybe next time. Way to go U-S-A!

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• 8-2 over germany 7-3 over Russia theres more then then luck there Hondo you can try again next time but for a country with one tenth your population we are feeling like we did ok

Greetings from North of the 49th

• That may have been the most exciting gold medal hockey game ever.
    To bad someone had to lose. My hats off to Canada for ending the games on a high note.:beer:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• My hat's off to you kilo 6. I stand corrected. It was a great come from behind to take the gold from the USA. This is truly your sport. See you on the tennis court? :))):

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

- John Wayne quote

• Only one gold medal for Italy.
    It's better forgetting...
    :uhuh:

Not to be disrespectful, but Italy isn't known for their winter sports, they do better in the summer Olympics. That may not be so bad. So I know you can look forward to the Summer Games in 2012.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Not to be disrespectful, but Italy isn't known for their winter sports, they do better in the summer Olympics. That may not be so bad. So I know you can look forward to the Summer Games in 2012.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

Hi Hondo,
    I agree with you.I hope to see the Open Ceremony in London on 2012.

[SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]