Who Played the Worst Cowboy, and What Was The Worst Western

There are 112 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 33,870 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :cowboy: I remember this movie as well. One of the first times I ever got to stay up past 10 PM was when this movies was playing. Being a kid at that time, I never really gave it much thought as a bad movie but, as a strange one. If I recall correctly, I think there was another of this type movie made that was actually worse. :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Ringo -

You're probably thinking of "Futureworld" which was a sequel of sorts to "Westworld." Had an entirely different cast, save for Yul Brynner. Actually, the concepts were OK, just caught the usual Hollywood disease.

Cheers - Jay :lol:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• :cowboy: Hi Jay, that was it Futureworld. I seem to recall that I did not like that one at all though its been many years since I last saw it. I agree with ya about hollywood as well.

I wonder when the movie: The Battle of the Bulge is released, I wonder if it will be the entire movie or butchered like it is when its played on TV stations. Reason I mention this is because when always aired, they usually delete the scens with Ty Hardin posing as a G.I. Lieutenant faking his commando raid on the German high commands HQ, and they also always delete the scenew where Robert Shaw (Col Hessler) and Hans-Christian Bleth (His Sergeant) are meeting the new Panzer commanders for the first time and the blonde guy who looks a bit like Martin milner, starts singing The Panzerlied (German tankers song)

• Interesting enough, when shown on German TV, they usually try to get the scene out where the Nazis shoot the Allied prisoners - but the Panzerlied stays untouched.

• Another thought on these two movies (which BTW weren't too bad, to my way of thinking) - "Westworld" had all the conflicts arising from some sort of malise in the system while "Futureworld" had these coming about intentionally by the villains trying to take control of governments around the world by introducing simalicrons under their control which were exact duplicates of world leaders.

Regards - Jay ^^

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• :cowboy: Hi Itdo, that is interesting to hear about German TV but, I shouldn't be so surprised as well. Talk to any older German (preferably one who lived through WWII ) and they will tell you that modern Germany is nothing like they remembered--meaning teaching about their recebt history and that they have such an influx of immigrants there.

• Mike

Westworld was a pretty good choice, I was watching it the other night on BBC one and I fond it to be far from the masterpiece many claim it to be.

Byrner is good enough as the out of control robot but there are scenes in which he smiles etc which are more appropriate for sadistic bad guys than out of control robots. I never realised that he is a small guy because the first time we see him is when he enters the bar and he's a lot smaller than many others in the bar. The acting in the movie is poor the plot is slow to unravel and there is never any real danger of Brynner killing the lead actor. The best scene in the movis for me was when Brynner is standing against a pole in the side of the street confronts one of the lead actors and guns him down to everybodies amazement.

With regards to Futureworld its been a while since I seen it but its awful. Byrnner(can't spell that word) has a bizarre role in it. He appears in a dream sequence of a female actress whom she fantacises about, he guns down some bad guys for her in this dream and then dances with her and thats all there is to it. :stunned:

One point of trivia the character he plays in the two of these movies is loosely based on his character Chris from the Magnificent seven in regards to them wearing the same outfit and acting in the old west.1

Another poor western I thought was the wild wild west with the usually rubbish Wil Smith I've only ever liked him in the fresh prince.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Robbie,

A good commentary on Westworld. I wouldn't even take the time to tell the story like you did.

Another note is I agree with you on the movie, Wild, Wild West (the movie). It doesn't measure up to the TV series. I was a fan of the series in the '60s with Robert Conrad and Ross Martin. Will Smith & Kevin Kline in my opinion ruined the movie and what this series was about. I'll second your choice of that movie.

And I was seriously thinking about purchasing Wild, Wild West for my video collection. Must've been drunk! :wacko:

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I did, but I didn't like Westworld. Kind of hard to explain, maybe its because I am a fan of both sci-fi and westerns and I just find it hard to mix the 2.

Also, I have to agree, the new version of Wild, Wild West just plain sucked. No more comments about it because its just not worth talking about.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• how bout fred macmurray or ray milland,i want to like robert taylor but the movies were forgettable

• As much as I've liked Fred MacMurray in the past, I just can't visualize him
    as a cowboy. After checking IMDB, sure enough, he was in several.
    Glad I missed them.

Chester :newyear:

When I found out about Fred MacMurray as a cowboy, my mind kept picturing a western Absent Minded Professor... and just refused to accept him as a saddle rider.

• Hi

Put Bogart and Cagney in the same movie (The Oklahoma Kid) and you have the two worst actors by far in what has to be one of the worst cowboys ever made apart from Red Garters that is.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I'm a little miffed that most recent westerns featured actors from abroad. Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson, Russell Crowe, Christian Bale and Viggo Mortensen come to mind. Don't we have any home grown actors who can pass in the old West?
    Oh, and Cagney didn't improve much when he made Tribute to a Bad Man. He would have been better off armed with a grapefruit.

We deal in lead friend

• Ive seen thoses movies pure trash i watched white comanche for 5mins turned if off.william shatner in a western no thanks.good in star trek and tj hooker