Anyone here a "Lost" fan?

There are 14 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,598 times. The latest Post () was by kilo 6.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• As we get ready for the series finale this Sunday evening on ABC. I was just wondering if there were anybody who watched this show. I found it very interesting that I watched the first season on DVD when it came out in 2004, and my sister in-law let me watch it. I was so caught up on the show I watched the remaining Season's up to now.

What are your thoughts on the show as it concludes it's series?

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I watched it till last year, just found that I didn't have the time. I will have to rent the last 2 season's to finish it up.

Don't wreck it for me Hondo!! HEHEHEHEHEHE!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• If you watched only one episode, you'd be LOST!! Because it is a progression as you look at it from beginning to end. They hardly repeat it during the off season. Each season has it's own theme to the story, and it is like a 6 year puzzle that will not be solved in one show. The main object of the story is good versus evil and you really don't know who that is.

Each season leaves you with more questions than answers, but you want more mainly to see how it ends. This 6th and final season answered most of the questions of the overall series. Overall it is a mystery, action/adventure, drama, thriller, some comedy, science fiction, and epics. So sorry no western in this story with cowboys, Indians or even John Wayne. It would probably complete this series if there was some of that, but oh well.

You get caught up with the characters on the series like Jack Sheppard, John Locke, Kate Austen, James (Sawyer) Ford, Jin and Sun Kwon, Hugo (Hurley) Reyes, and Sayid Jarroh. There are other characters who come and gone, but they are the ones from the beginning. This is the kind of show that Alfred Hitchcock, and Rod Sterling would die for. It is their kind of series that leaves you with how is that going to be solved.

If you don't have patience to build this up then this is not for you. Yes, 6 years is a little ridicules, but I invested in this to the finale, and I must say, that I am pumped up for the climax conclusion of this series. That was a riot ejgreen77 in the clip. You have to laugh, it has been a progression, but this topic is my sister in-law's fault. She made me see the first season on DVD. I didn't even see the first season on TV. And I became as they say, LOST in the series who wanted more.

This is funny, do not take offense.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The first year it was on, my wife and I watched it every week and thought it was great. But then, the second began and they just seemed to drag it out and not really give you anything and we lost interest in it and quit watching. Now, when I read about it, I can't make heads or tails of what's going on and it sounds utterly confusing.

• My wife and I lasted through season three and then decided life was too short to deal with goofy stuff. Won't watch Fringe, V, Heroes, Life on Mars, or any other junk that has supernatural elements. For one thing, if a major character buys the farm, say Spock, he'll be back soon enough. I prefer consequences with sacrifices.
    I do admit that I liked the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The second one was like watching "The Alamo" on LSD. But that was a 100% fantasy world. Lost and a lot of others seem to just revel in their own inventive wierdness.
    For God's sake, if you like it, enjoy it. Sorry to have evolved into a cranky old guy.

We deal in lead, friend.

• My wife and I lasted through season three and then decided life was too short to deal with goofy stuff. Won't watch Fringe, V, Heroes, Life on Mars, or any other junk that has supernatural elements. For one thing, if a major character buys the farm, say Spock, he'll be back soon enough. I prefer consequences with sacrifices.
    I do admit that I liked the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The second one was like watching "The Alamo" on LSD. But that was a 100% fantasy world. Lost and a lot of others seem to just revel in their own inventive wierdness.
    For God's sake, if you like it, enjoy it. Sorry to have evolved into a cranky old guy.

We deal in lead, friend.

Now you wait just a dang minute, Gorch. I don't wanna hear about you being some cranky old guy. Because when it comes to that, I've got the market cornered on it. Grrrrrr! :angry::laugh:

• After seeing the finale, it fit well. It was what it was suppose to be. Though I didn't know how it was to finish, it did it tastefully and tactful. I left the series feeling fulfilled and not disappointed. Though, it has ended, there is no way to make a movie on this for continuation of this series, so we will not have to be a part of the many countless sequels on the movie screen. It is a show worth watching even with the twists and turns. My investment was worth it. I do understand why people stopped watching because of the many many questions, but I enjoyed trying to figure it out, and I must say that I missed most of my guesses.

You may want to invest in the complete series coming out August 24. LOST was great!

- John Wayne quote

• Watched the first couple of seasons, but well , started to feel extremely "lost" and frustrated !!!!!

So gave it up, and replaced it with Fringe and Bones.....two amazing programmes which keep me riveted each week !!!!

• i watched the first season of lost and it was good and i watched 5 esp of the second season and i lost intest in it.i taught it was boring

• Same here, watched the first series then decided it would be more fun going down the boozer instead!!!!!

• As I don't watch tv it is hard to speak about impact but good versus evil is a familiar theme. No surprise that members of this board relate.

Greetings from North of the 49th