Circus World (1964)

There are 196 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 189,024 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Here's the response after I questioned them on how they had an NTSC format.

For some Asian countries NTSC is the regular format, Taiwan for example. Copyright laws are also different in some places. - Not that I've ever ordered from Hong Kong - I believe there's a good chance to get a low quality copy. Anyway, I solved the regions problem by buying a cheap multiregion player - £20 from Amazon. Has worked perfectly for a half year now, plays anything.

To the topic: Circus World is not bad, if not especially memorable. It has a very strange ending though

I don't believe in surrenders.

• I agree a multi region DVD player can be bought for around £20.00 now

When you consider that most DVDs after they have been released for awhile can be bought officially for around a £5.00 a dodgy bootleg does not have much appeal.

Mike

• WOW, I can't believe that I am again, going against tha majority and saying that I actually liked this movie. I first saw it about 25 years ago when we first got cable TV and had the then excellent channel: WTBS - Atlanta. They played it and I remember watching it with my parents and we all seemed to enjoy it. However, being that I have not seen this movie again in the last 20 or so years, my opinion might change. :yeaahh:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• i remember seeing this film when it first came out in cinerama it looses a lot on a small screen. the big screen is the only way to enjoy this film.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Its is yet another movie that we are waiting to be officially released. Hopefully they take care of that soon.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We don't talk a lot about Circus World, so I was wondering who on this message board have seen this movie. It has never been released in the U.S. on DVD. It is available or has been available on VHS. I happen to have a VHS copy of this movie myself, so my question is simple. Have you ever seen this movie?

You may comment on your experiences seeing the movie. I'm not interested in reviews from the video sources or Hollywood like imbd, etc. I am interested in your own personal opinion.

I will see my movie. It has been years since I've seen it myself, but I will watch it again and comment when I do.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• hi hondo

like you i havent watched this movie ina while so i will have to watch it again to give you my views on it. by the way i have it on dvd my dad has it on video, i first watched this movie on video never saw it in the theather.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• first saw this movie as a teenager in the theather ,then years later on vhs. not the same. not one of his best but much better on large screen. this film lose's alot on the small screen.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• I didn't like the film at all. Claudia Cardinale was totally miscast, her Italian accent was all wrong for the character. It was tough knowing that Duke was so ill with lung cancer, and the smoke from the fire made his cough even worse.

• I have a VHS of "Circus World," but haven't watched in several years. As I remember, the full screen version was a hack and chop job which made it hard to watch, even if it had been one of Duke's better films. Since it was only a mediocre effort, the situation made it almost unbearable to watch.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I could not vote in the poll because, none of the catagories listed "fits-the-bill."

I have seen it but, that was when it was shown on WTBS-Atlanta, and was one of my most favorite TV stations to watch-once we got Cable TV in town. I will say that the one and only time I can remember watching this movie, was more than 25 years ago. I don't remember nuthin' about it at all-except that I did see it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I have seen the movie and have it on dvd. It has been a long time, though, since I have seen it. I have a collection of over 150 of his movies. I will have to get this one out and watch it.

• pard,

Hey, it's good to see you again. I see you've been a member for quite some time now, glad to have you post. You say you have Circus World on DVD. Where are you located? Circus World is not readily available on DVD in the states, although (if I remember correctly) it is quite available in Region 2 format for fans overseas.

Chester :newyear:

• I can only say that I've seen it on VHS. If I've seen it on TV, I don't remember. I do know I have never seen it at the theater. I need to see it again. It has been a while since I've seen it, but I do remember liking it. Not a great Duke movie, but one that was different and I liked pretty well.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote