The Duke Wayne Forum

There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,304 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi All,

I just want to pay tribute to those on this forum who through thick and thin have ensured its ongoing existence and development. It is my view that we still has the best online community and it is great to have somewhere to go that is free from all the John Wayne bashing that happens online.

I don't want to single out too many people but some in my view are worthy of a mention, namely the following:

Kevin - Gave the forum to us in the first place and ensures it is operating effectively on a daily basis, Kevin also ensure that the forum is updated on a regular basis to ensure that that it does not become stagnant.

Mr and Mrs Chester - Rarely is a post made on here when one of these two aren't either welcoming someone to our forum or supplying them with useful information, these two are the glue that holds the entire community together and it is no mean feat for the pair to have made over 9000 posts.

Ethan Edward's - Given the thankless task of organising and maintaining all posts relating to John Wayne's movies etc and has also began covering other actors and their movies.

DukeFan1
    - Every week he posts at least one game for everyone's enjoyment, thanks to you for this.In addition to these people take a look at the number of posts the following members have made and I am sure that we are all well aware of their contributions, I would also like to mention Smokey who is a pretty prominent member but not amongs the top ten posters on this forum.

The Ringo Kid (6,685)

Hondo Duke Lane (5,364)

Jay J. Foraker (4,734)

Stumpy (4,724)

William T Brooks (4,412)

SXViper (4,339)

Arthurarnell (4,251)

DukePilgrim (3,126)

Overall thanks to everyone who contributes to this great forum and helps to keep it going, I apologise in advance to anybody whose name I may have missed.

Regards
    Robbie

• Robbie,
    What a tribute!
    On my part thank you so much for your comments.
    The 'thankless task' as you put it, has been no mean feat,
    and taken hours, days, months etc., compiling all the threads,
    and It will always be an ongoing project.
    However I consider it worthwhile, because as you quite rightly say,
    this is a great community, without the problems other forums have.

We believed some time ago, that a stand alone forum that
    allowed only discussion about John Wayne, would not be sustainable,
    therefore the descision was made, to make it an all embracing John Wayne community,
    discussing anyone, everything and 'almost' anything to do with Duke.
    Our aim, was to make the JWMB the one-stop place
    for all Duke Wayne related topics.

Having off-topics, as we have, 'How's The Weather' 'Politics'
    other Screen Legends, Classic Westerns,TV Westerns, War Movies,
    'Last Movie's Watched' etc.
    has expanded the forum into a meeting place,
    where all of us Duke fans can meet, post, and exchange views.

I am sure John Wayne, would be proud of our community,
    and somewhere up there, I feel sure he's watching over us.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 7 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Thanks for the kind words, Robbie. As you have stated so well, these and all other members make this the great forum it is, that doesn't ever go a day without some kind of activity. It's an honor to belong to such a great board full of so many great people.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• robbie
    thankyou for those kind words, its the friendlyness of this site which makes it breath and we couldnt have done it without you as well.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Thanks Robbie, I agree whole heartedly at what you stated above. Thanks to everyone here it makes it enjoyable to come and learn and have fun.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Robbie,

We've been SO busy lately, and not here near as much as we'd like, so when we signed on this evening and read your tribute, we were quite touched. Thank you so much!!

You are so right about the hard work of Keith, in setting up the many, many threads about Duke, his movies, and co-stars, along with so many others that are of interest to most of us. What a labor of love!

We sure get a good laugh from the picture game! Mark sure outdoes himself on that one!

Our stalwart group of regulars (and that includes you, Robbie!) is really the glue that holds this place together. All those you've named, and more, make this a place folks want to come back to, over and over. It's been great to see a few new folks join recently, who show the hallmarks of becoming part of that 'stalwart group'.

And of course where would we all be without the message board itself? Thanks, Kevin, for providing the 'canvas' for our rich tapestry!

Fondly,

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1: (aka Jim & Sue)

• Robbie - Sorry, I am just now finding this thread, partially since my presence has been so erractic of late. I agree with you wholeheartedly about the JWMB. I feel I have made so many friends here, even though I have only met one of them in the flesh - The Ringo Kid. Everyone has a point of view which may or may not be the same as others. But discussions remain civil and non-personal.
    Thank you for the mention.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Robbie,

When you posted this tribute we in America were celebrating a few days earlier Columbus Day, and I am responding to you on Christmas. Sorry for the delay of over two months (Jay woke me from his post).

I actually want to steer this toward you. When we first met you close to 8 years ago, you were some piece of work here. You caused so much trouble we wanted to ban you from ever coming back here. Your trouble caused us to really think about the questions you posed to us and you just wouldn't let up. If I remember we threatened you because you just didn't let your questions rest when we answered it but not to your satisfaction.

Some of those topics were the "Hairpiece" and "Draft Dodger". You drove us crazy on these questions. Enough that we wanted to ban you for life. I, personally am glad that we didn't do that. What we seen is a young person grow up and become a man, who I actually am glad to say is my friend; old friend here on the John Wayne Message Board. By the way, did we answer those questions to your satisfaction? :wink_smile: Don't answer that!

Your tribute here is very touching to me, as it was to many of us. We do have some great stories about you, but overall, they have been the ones that I wouldn't trade for anything and describes you very well. That is a compliment by the way. Thank you for your contributions here as well my friend. I don't get to chat with you hardly at all anymore, but when I do read from you, it makes my day (I know that's taken from a Clint Eastwood line).

May this Christmas be especially touching to you as this thread has been for me getting to read it for the first time on this special day.

Merry Christmas, Robbie!

Cheers :cool: Mike aka Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Jay, Merry Christmas and Happy Ne Years. Glad to see you back on and as always, I have meant to stay in touch-but this time it wasnt my fault and is a long story.

The home computer died back about August, and a few days ago-I was kicked out of the austin library I go to--because i wore my cap on the way out of it when I was lweaving and I refused to remove me cap because the wind wa blowing and my hair was combed nad I didnt want it to mess up. Anyway a punk by the name fo alex said I was barred from the library for a day and in unciivil language, I told the creep off.

Anyway, im gettinga new laptop computer in the coming 2 weeks or less, so ill be back online then and more regualarly here;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..