Concern For Missing Members

There are 399 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 123,454 times. The latest Post () was by MichaelHarrison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Does anyone know what happened to Elly?

Chris

Yes, I do.
    Elly was a very valuable member of this board,
    and highly respected for her knowledge and input.
    I particularly spent many hours with her
    compiling the lists, that are such an important part of our forum.
    I spoke to her personally and asked her to reconsider
    her leaving, but to no avail.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I really fell off the rock this time! I've been absent from the JWMB for almost two months due to concentration on other projects. The gang here has not been far from my thoughts however. Hopefully I'll be back with more regularity now.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I really fell off the rock this time! I've been absent from the JWMB for almost two months due to concentration on other projects. The gang here has not been far from my thoughts however. Hopefully I'll be back with more regularity now.

Jay,

We were never concerned about you, ha ha,
    as you always come bouncing back!!

Great to hear from you again,
    and hope you are now well?

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Same here, you were in my thoughts but I have several friends who have been gravely sick too--and I spend loads of time trying to viist them or write or call and things pass me bye and is easy for me to miss out on alot of things.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hey Jay, I was wondering what was happening to you, but I know that life gets in the way at times and you'll be back when you can. This time of year can leave us away from the computer and places like this. I am glad to see you back. Keep me in line ole friend.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Its sad to see how BIG we are, and yet so few are active regulars. It would be great to hear from some of these Vetrans of the Core! I know it would probably be a lot of work, but to bad a note can't go out to everyone like say: every six months saying,
    haven't herd from you in a while! drop us a line! just a thought.

• wtrayah,

You are right about having a fantastic site here and have so many who can come here and read about and talk about a great American, hero, actor, humanitarian, John Wayne. The best part about this great little site is that it is free thanks mainly because of the dreams and efforts of our Admin leader, Kevin. So, it doesn't make sense that we have so many who signed up and just disappeared without any kind of notice.

I have been absent a few times over the years because of just being busy with life. And sometimes the conversation runs dry here and we just leave for a while.

First, let me tell you that we don't forget our members here. In a period of a couple of months or more, we send a message from the message board informing our members who have been absent for a while, that they are missed and we'd love to have them come back and visit. After a long period of time we declare our members inactive and hope the will return. We unfortuniately have banned some members because of abuse issues of various kinds, but we try to bring them back.

The bottom line is really it's up to them to return. I do miss some of our past active members and wish for their return, but it doesn't always happen. So, I just want to tell you that we here at the DukeWayne.com site, don't forget our members. We just wait for their return.

You can also pm (personal message) a person and hope for their return. That would be not only helpful but also and nice way to just say that we miss you and thinking of you. Thanks for your suggestion. I also like when people here think of others before self.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane, moderator

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Its sad to see how BIG we are, and yet so few are active regulars. It would be great to hear from some of these Vetrans of the Core! I know it would probably be a lot of work, but to bad a note can't go out to everyone like say: every six months saying,
    haven't herd from you in a while! drop us a line! just a thought.

Actually, the site does send out such an email to members who haven't visited in some time (Kevin knows more of the details). I am friends with someone who is a member, who doesn't get on very often, who tells me about the emails, so that's really how I know.

I've never gotten one :))): - I guess I've never been gone long enough :wink_smile:!

I think, that unless the person has disabled it, you can also send an email - go to the person's personal profile and check contact info.

Hondo really summed up the various scenarios perfectly.

Chester :newyear:

• What about going back to my proposal of removing all members who haven't been active within the last year who has less than 10 posts?

Regards
    Robbie

• Well . . . there are some folks who post very little, but visit and read all the time, and I'd hate to remove someone like that. At least one person has been a member since 2003 and probably has less than 20 posts (might have over 10), yet is a very frequent visitor.

HOWEVER, I personally would have no objection to removing from the list someone who joined, has never posted, and never came back after the first visit. It may be someone who joined merely to find an answer, found it, and had no need to come back. There are quite a few like that.

HOWEVER, Kevin, our illustrious admin and (self-described) mop :MOP: boy, is the only one who has the 'power' to make those changes.

"Just" a moderator :))):,

Chester :newyear:

• Without wanting to appear nosey what happened with Elly?

I asked her back, last time and she came back
    spending hours on researching Duke's early appearances.
    She by doing so, has re-written the history,
    and proved that Duke was seen in a movie,
    before the ones we knew about.
    Sadly she has now gone again!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• I asked her back, last time and she came back
    spending hours on researching Duke's early appearances.
    She by doing so, has re-written the history,
    and proved that Duke was seen in a movie,
    before the ones we knew about.
    Sadly she has now gone again!

That's too bad, surely if she was right we could have proved or dis-proved it beyond doubt.

Regards
    Robbie

• What happen to this guy who calls himself : The BARON Von Rassillon? I've read alot of his notes from the past. Anybody herd from him?