10,000+ Posts Club

There are 39 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 37,352 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Post number 10,000

Well, it's taken awhile to get here . . . and a GREAT while it's been!

We have made many friends from all around the world and the United States, and had the privilege of actually meeting some of those friend face to face.

We've learned more about John Wayne than we would have ever imagined. We knew he was a great actor, but we learned so much more about him. Who'd have thought, 10 years ago, that we would be (among our local friends, at least) the John Wayne experts? With the help of so many of you, that is the case!

We know it will be just a short while before we will be welcoming our friend Keith (aka ethanedwards) across the threshold to join us in the 10,000+ Posts Club! Looking forward to that day!

In January 2013, we will have been hanging out here for 10 years!!! We look forward to many more days, weeks, months, and years of being here with this amazing group of Duke fans!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• We did this once before, and it was kind of fun. This seemed like an appropriate time to do it again . . .

May 9, 2003

August 3, 2005

March 12, 2006

February 25, 2007 (4000 posts)

August 26, 2007

We know that when Keith so kindly paved the way for this, our 7000th post, he probably thought we'd be here a little sooner. It's been a VERY busy day . . . but we are finally having time to sit together and let you know how very much it means to be here and have all of you counted among our friends. We thought it would be fun to 'resurrect' our previous milestone posts (see below). As we read through them, we realized that 5 years and 9 months after joining this message board, what we've stated before is as much true today as it has been when we said it in the past. You guys are the BEST, and we think this is the BEST team of John Wayne fans anywhere on the face of the planet.

Thanks again, Keith, for making this thread for us to post in, and thanks to you and Mark, smokey, Todd, Arthur and Jay for your kind thoughts and congratulations! Knowing you has been a blessing we would never have imagined when we first started here.

Jim and Sue (aka Chester and the Mrs.)

July 9, 2009

May 30, 2010

• Wondered what had happened to you both.
    Anyway

CONGRATULATIONS

A fantastic achievement which you deserve

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• WELL, YOU MADE IT BACK IN TIME....JUST.
    BUT YOU DESERVE IT AS YOU WERE ONLY ABOUT 7 OR SO SHORT WHEN YOU QUIT POSTING A FEW MONTHS AGO.
    SO HAPPY 10,000 POSTS TO YOU BOTH!
    Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• CONBGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im looking forwards to seeing you post at least 10,000 more.................................

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Inspirational! Homeric! Thanks for setting the bar so high that I have to reach up to find my drink. No way I could ever average 1,000 posts per year, but there are two of you, maybe I can reach you in twenty years.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Well done to the Chesters, it's been an honour getting to know you on this forum and you 2 people are a key reason as to why this forum still exists. You're great people and I look forward to your future contributions.

Regards
    Robbie

• Congratulations, Jim and Sue! While you were away, I was trying to catch up to you in post count, but only managed a few dozen. Oh well. lol This board wouldn't be the same without you two. Way to go!!!!!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Keith,

WELCOME
    to the

10,000+ Posts Club!
    :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

You have contributed an amazing amount of effort, time, and information to this message board in that 10,000+ posts (you are currently, at the time of this 'writing', 10,011, having even surpassed us - another cause for congratulations).

May you continue to be a shining light on this board for many years!

It is a privilege to know you and work with you here at the JWMB, and we thank you for your many, many, many hours devoted to making this THE best, most informative site about John Wayne, as well as one of the friendliest JW communities EVER!

With most fond regards,

• As y'all know, we've been a little scarce lately. We were so excited about Keith's most recent accomplishment that we happily posted in this thread, then afterwards realized that Sue hadn't read all of your congratulatory messages for our passing 10,000 nor had we thanked all of you.

We'd like to take this opportunity to do just that - Keith, Keith P, Carl, Gorch, Robbie, Mark, and Jay - your kind expressions mean a lot to us. Of course, without you guys, it would be pretty lonely around here - we are ALL a great team, don't you think?

Hawkswill, those fireworks were pretty awesome! Thanks for that!

• WOW, I MISSED IT SOMEHOW!
    HAPPY 10,000 PLUS POSTS, KEITH!
    AMAZING.

AND THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO AND I KNOW THAT IT IS A GREAT DEAL. THIS BOARD WOULD NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!
    Keith 2

• It is a privilege to know you and work with you here at the JWMB, and we thank you for your many, many, many hours devoted to making this THE best, most informative site about John Wayne, as well as one of the friendliest JW communities EVER!

With most fond regards,

Sue and Jim,
    Thank you so very much for your kind remarks,
    and as quoted above, the pleasure is likewise.
    Our friendship goes back some years now,
    and becoming more so after our Trans-Atlantic phone call, a couple of years ago.
    Indeed we three spoke as if we had known each other for years,
    well, I guess we had!!

I enjoyed your 10,000th post and your history of milestones,
    and I would like to maybe pin-point my history here in a different way.

I came across the board, in which were really early days of broadband,
    and joined on May 1st 2005.
    Apart from Chester, it was also Carl, The Ringo Kid, and Mike Hondo Duke Lane,
    amongst the first to make me welcome here, and I was immediately posting like a 'good un'.

It became apparent that there was much fragmentation on the board,
    and in a lot of cases there were several different threads on just one movie,
    or subject, with members beginning a new threads all the time, about the same subject.

Jim spoke to me and with Kevin's blessing, we discussed the possibility
    of at least consolidating the Movies section, into a new sub-forum, Duke's Movie Discussions
    I was appointed the then, Movie Reviews Moderator,
    and set about the task, which took months to complete,
    but in the end we had all the movies reviewed, with all the information possible, and all posts relating a particular movie,
    under one roof, with even historical posts also added or linked.

My second objective was 'Pals of the Saddle'
    and to profile actors/ directors/ composers who were involved in Duke's movies,
    and as you are aware this is added to quite frequently.
    I was also fascinated with Duke's Locations,
    and added this along with the studios/ back lots, ranches etc.

It was during this time, Kevin acquired the rights to set up
    a Maureen O'Hara Forum, of which we created a new forum, and consolidated her movies.
    Just recently I requested that Kevin set up a similar one for John Ford.

As all this was going on, and with different off topic threads being formed,
    and members discussing more and more, non- Duke subjects,
    we were aware that unlike other Boards, a stand alone John Wayne Board,
    was not the way forward and thought of expanding it to include other Westerns,
    TV westerns, and War Movies, all genre's Duke was involved in.

More recently, with the the initial threads of our members itdo and Elly and new additions and research,
    we were able to consolidate all of Duke's other work into
    JOHN WAYNE - his comprehensive Body Of Work

We/ I hope by doing so, as Sue and Jim quoted above, we now have

THE best, most informative site about John Wayne,
    as well as one of the friendliest JW communities EVER!

Yes, there have been many, many hours of time spent here,
    and as such, became a labour of love,
    but it has become my pleasure, hopefully,to serve you all
    in the best possible way I can.

My sincere thanks to the admin team, Kevin, our mop-boy,
    Jim and Sue, Mike and Arthur, and all our members and friends,
    for your kind support.

Long live the JWMB

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 9 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Well, Keith.........Nice to know part of the story. Thanks for sharing it with us all. Keith 2

• Hi

Well said Kieth its been a long ride for some of us, but the chance to be not only a member, but also a moderator of this fantastic group, makes it all worth while long may it continue.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Keith,
    Saying a huge, massive CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU doesn't really do justice to your contributions on the forum.
    Suffice to say it simply wouldn't be JWMB without your involvement.
    All the best,
    Peter

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I'd like to pile on and thank you again Keith. Your behind the scenes attention and organization skills make this the most enjoyable site I've ever browsed.
    Don't know how you do it, but please keep it up.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Yea Keith, um...what they all said. lol What can I add?

You have been and continue to be a big part of the glue that bonds this forum together. Your hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed. Thanks and congratulations! Even though you didn't mention me as making you feel welcome back in '05. Just kidding, Pal! :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thank you Keith, Arthur, Peter, Gorch and Mark.
    Mark, I would not dream of missing you out,
    and thanks for making me welcome ha ha,
    I just was thinking of the first three who said hello!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thank you Keith, Arthur, Peter, Gorch and Mark.
    Mark, I would not dream of missing you out,
    and thanks for making me welcome ha ha,
    I just was thinking of the first three who said hello!!

You are most welcome. Only, I am a bit distraught. I had been waiting and watching to be the FIRST to congratulate you. I am afraid I got caught up with the Sketch of True Grit and you slipped by me. Well, I guess second is not the WORST I could be!

My sketching is little by little returning. Although I never really did people. Only twice in all those years did I do people and it almost took a beating to get me to do it, LOL! Well, I am learning it fairly rapidly. Of course it IS just sketching and not even the real thing,....just my made up way! I had really wanted to give you one for your 10,000 posts. I mean, that IS kind of like a birthday it is such a LARGE accomplishment. I still would like to do one for you. It doesn't have to be something of this sort......it could be a friend, relative, girlfriend, or even a landmark or building that you love.....as sport....anything. So, think about it. You can think of it as being from ALL of us, not just me. But, as far as I am concerned, if it had not been for your patient help at the beginning, I would not have tried to stay on this group. I really didn't need another computer thing as I do a lot of my work on it.

Well, if you think of something, let me know. I am doing these very fast. I actually can draw much better when taking my time.

And, if you still don't want one.........too bad, it is all I can afford to give you for a present.....so you just won't get one LOL!

Hope yesterday's posts made you feel good.....that is what they were for.

Did you see my new sketch....the one in the meadow? If not, here it is:

Forgot to clean it before I scanned it, LOL. And, I still am not "on the money", but won't be long. HAGO, Keith2