Favourite Christmas Songs

There are 43 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,539 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• hi chester

granma got run over by a reindeer

well i have to say it aint my best loved one but who can tell the likes of young boys but my lad likes it and he has a laugh over it he has a very sick sense of hummor. he does like some of the others but that it the only one i had to go out and get for him, we have a plush toy that you squeeze its hand and the tune plays am really thinking about taking out the batttiers :wacko:

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Now that Thanksgiving has passed, we can all play Christmas music with reckless abandon!

If you haven't done so already, why not share with the group what your favorite Christmas songs are?

Last year, I downloaded to my cell phone, the song It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, by Jack Jones. That is one my faves!!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I like the original Little Drummer Boy by The Harry Simeon Chorale. Also like Most Wonderful Time Of The Year by Andy Williams, The Christmas Song by Nat "King" Cole, and one by Frank Sinatra, the title I don't remember but, it ends with Sinatra saying Merry Christmas. But, my absolute favorite is O' Holy Night. And of course, I like the others like Silent Night, Oh Come All Ye Faithful, Joy To The World.

• Slade in 1973, first ever Christmas single that I bought at the age of 12(xmastree) Seen them live last august, steaming hot it was and everybody in the audience was wearing a christmashat when they sang this song. Madness... but fun :newyear:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWgwTe01kMU

Mud in 1974, my fave band when I was a teen (xmastree)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-EuElYsc0U

Shaky in the early 80's. I loved, loved, loved him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuzYxaYKXsM

• white christmas by bing
    winter wonderland, let it snow, rudolph the red nosed reindeer, and rocking around the xmas tree - i love them all

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• I've always liked all the traditional Christmas caroles like Silent Night, Joy To The World, O Come All Ye Faithful, etc, but I think my favorite is Do You Hear What I Hear?.

I also like Sleigh Ride, White Christmas, Baby It's Cold Outside and those kinds of songs.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• As I work in a store we get an overload of Christmas songs every year and by the time it is Christmas I am so fed up with them. So mondaymorning I was very happy to hear they had the Christmas classics on such as Bing, Dean, Frank... well you know the crooners. To my shock and horror they changed the tape today and it's back to Wham and Whitney and I don't know who else. I am so not happy that I even told my boss "Get me back my crooners!!!!" :bells:

• As I work in a store we get an overload of Christmas songs every year and by the time it is Christmas I am so fed up with them. So mondaymorning I was very happy to hear they had the Christmas classics on such as Bing, Dean, Frank... well you know the crooners. To my shock and horror they changed the tape today and it's back to Wham and Whitney and I don't know who else. I am so not happy that I even told my boss "Get me back my crooners!!!!" :bells:

Speaking of crooners, Sally, are you familiar with Johnny Mercer? He sings the duet with some lady singer "Baby, It's Cold Outside" that's outta sight. In fact, old Johnny was probably my favorite male vocalist until Deano came along.

• My Stateside friends, do you have anything over there'
    that is similar to our 'Turkey and Tinsel' breaks,
    where the 'more mature' go on pre-christmas hotel breaks'
    and celebrate the festive season, from September onwards!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• My Stateside friends, do you have anything over there' that is similar to our 'Turkey and Tinsel' breaks, where the 'more mature' go on pre-christmas hotel breaks' and celebrate the festive season, from September onwards!!

What exactly do you mean by "more mature", Keith? Perhaps I'm reading too much into the expression but if you mean what I suspect you may mean (particularly with the mention of hotels), no, we don't have such. :biggrin:

• Speaking of crooners, Sally, are you familiar with Johnny Mercer? He sings the duet with some lady singer "Baby, It's Cold Outside" that's outta sight. In fact, old Johnny was probably my favorite male vocalist until Deano came along.

I have never heard his name before but I will probably have heard him somewhere. I know the song so it might be the version that you mention that is his but me not knowing...

• I have never heard his name before but I will probably have heard him somewhere. I know the song so it might be the version that you mention that is his but me not knowing...

Well, I imagine he was considerably before your time as he was most popular during the Forties. But he was one heck of a singer (also a songwriter, if I remember correctly)

• Well, I imagine he was considerably before your time as he was most popular during the Forties. But he was one heck of a singer (also a songwriter, if I remember correctly)

Well I went and checked Johnny Mercer out. I didn't realize he wrote so many famous songs. Here is one of his songs in Flemish, sung by my favourite all time Belgian singer. I know you don't understand the language but I hope you like this version. (sorry it's not a Christmas song so this is slightly off- topic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG893IXtkZU

• Well I went and checked Johnny Mercer out. I didn't realize he wrote so many famous songs. Here is one of his songs in Flemish, sung by my favourite all time Belgian singer. I know you don't understand the language but I hope you like this version. (sorry it's not a Christmas song so this is slightly off- topic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG893IXtkZU

I enjoyed that, Sally, even though I couldn't, as you said, understand the language. Here's one of my favorites by Mercer, sung by Johnny himself. I think he wrote this song too.

• I enjoyed that, Sally, even though I couldn't, as you said, understand the language. Here's one of my favorites by Mercer, sung by Johnny himself. I think he wrote this song too.

Thanks for that Stumpy, really enjoyed it. Even if I had never heard his name before he has made so many songs that I know that it is a shame that he is not more known. In this part of the world anyway...

• When Santa got stuck up the chimney

does this count and it truly is my favourite LOL

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Speaking of crooners, Sally, are you familiar with Johnny Mercer? He sings the duet with some lady singer "Baby, It's Cold Outside" that's outta sight. In fact, old Johnny was probably my favorite male vocalist until Deano came along.

Sally,
    Here's Johnny and Margaret Whiting singing that song "Baby, It's Cold Outside", which I think is a wonderful song, especially for this time of year.