What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,448,755 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Gunsmoke"

No, not the TV classic, but a fun Audie Murphy movie. Murphy plays a guman who is hired to kill a rancher but instead ends up working with the rancher (and his beautiful daughter) to get their cattle to market. Also stars Jack Kelley (TV's "Maverick) Very entertaining

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• In honor of Duke's Birthday I watch one war Movie (Sands of Iwo Jima) and one Western friday. The western was one of The Three Meesketters movie "The Night Riders". It was been years since I had seen any of those films. They are certainly of better quality then your average B-Western. Kinda a B+.

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

• Hello All
    It was How the west was won and Rio Bravo today. A double feature that makes for a great Sunday. Did not watch em non stop but wrapped around painting a bathroom, watching a little league game, having a bike ride and a meal or two. so long murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

• McLintock and True Grit on HDNet, high definition.

Open Range is on this afternoon. And coming in 2 weeks, Fistful of Dollars.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I watch Ride the High Country this morning. I had never seen it before. Very well made and the cast is just amazing. Scott's last picture, for years he was #2 Western star after Duke.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

• War of the wildcats, oil drilling in Oklahoma, but Duke is a cowboy allright. Lot of fun

I don't believe in surrenders.

• I just finished watching The Proud Rebel with Alan Ladd. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Also saw Will Penny with Charlton Heston, got it at Wall Mart for $4.50 :D I always liked the later westerns (other than the Duke's), but as I get older, I am giving the older ones a chance. Some surprise me and some I find lacking...Like The Outlaw with Jane Russel. Couldn't finish that one :dead:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

Originally posted by dukefan1@May 30 2006, 04:25 PM
    Some surprise me and some I find lacking...Like The Outlaw with Jane Russel. Couldn't finish that one :dead:

There are two good reasons to watch The Outlaw (and they both belong to Jane Russell)! - at least that's how Howard Hughes advertised the film. No, really the most interesting part of that movie is how it was banned and censored

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Technically this doesn't count because the topic is "WHAT WAS THE LAST WESTERN YOU WATCHED? But, since I had to work yesterday I listened to Lux Radio Theater's She Wore a Yellow Ribbon in honor of Memorial Day

• The mark of the "Z" was in my eyes all day yesterday with this mini marathon:

"The Mark Of Zorro" (1940-Tyrone Power)

"The Mask Of Zorro" (1998-Antonio Banderas)

"The Legend Of Zorro" (2005-Banderas)

Now if only I could find a copy of "The Ghost Of Zorro" with Clayton Moore

• From the John Wayne / John Ford Box set.

...The Searchers

I watched both discs. The bonus material was classy, and a lot of fun to watch.
    The movie is... well it's the Searchers.

While the Alamo is and always will be my sentimental favorite... It's impossible not to admit this may be the best film he ever made!

• Welcome Robhightower474 to the best darn message board on the internet. I, too, have a deep fondness for John Wayne's "The Alamo." As a born and raised San Antonian, it appeals to my historical sense of this area, even though the movie's accuracy is not terribly on the mark (what movie is? :lol: ). Duke made the movie only 125 miles from San Antonio and the world premiere took place here.
    Anyway, visit the JWMB often - we're a friendly bunch around here.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Let there be joy to the world and singing in the streets...."The Wild Wild West" is finally out on DVD (I,of course mean the classic 1960's TV series, not that pile of crap Will Smith movie) The complete first season is now in stores. All episodes are completely remastered and look wonderful. There is also audio commentary from star Robert Conrad. This is just plain great!