What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,630 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• What a great way to spend a Saturday:

"The Horse Soldiers"- John Wayne
    "Backlash"-Richard Widmark
    "For A Few Dollars More-" Clint Eastwood
    "Death Rides A Horse"- Lee Van Cleef
    " High Plains Drifter"- Clint Eastwood

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• I watched on Saturday (yesterday) on TCM: Horse Soldiers.

I really enjoyed that. I also like William Holden. It was great to see them together!

I can hardly wait until tomorrow (Monday), there are 5 John Wayne movies I'll be watching on TCM!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    JohnWayne-ly Yours, Pilgrim

TEECEE

• The Americano with Glenn Ford.

The first moive of his I have seen since his death and the first one that terretial UJ TV has shown. Its a good movie and Ford is excellent in it.

Robbie
    :agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Two movies by Hank's children: Peter Fonda's own direction The Hired hand and Jane Fonda in Comes a horseman. Hired hand has beautiful pictures, but I find it too artsy, cinematographic tricks ending in themselves take away from the story.
    Jane surprised me positively, she's superb in the Horseman. I haven't seen many of her films, but I understand this is not her typical role. She's so much like her father in this one... however different she wanted to be

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Magnificent Seven

First time I watched it and it is the first non John Wayne western older then 1990 that I have ever watched. Good film, Steve McQueen pretty cool.

[SIZE=3]That'll Be The Day[/SIZE]

• Day of the Evil Gun W/ Glenn Ford and Arthur Kennedy. (TCM was having some sort of celebration for Arthur Kennedy (his Birthday? maybe?) and they played another A.K. film which was a well made movie about soldiers wounded in battle in WWII and the A.K. character--was blinded by a snipers bullet when he was in North Africa. Anyway, it was called: Dark Victory and if ever on DvD; it's worth buying.

Sorry I got off the subject of Westerns. :headbonk:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..