What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,455 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Today I saw: Advance To the Rear which had: Glenn Ford in it as well as Alan Hale Jr. Whit Bissell, Andrew Prine and a few other recognizable faces in it including the Gentleman who played Thursten Howell the 3rd in Gilligan's Island. Nice comedy I might add. Oh and, the film had Michael Pate in it as the resident Indian Chief. Michael Pate to us Hondo fans was also Chief Vittorio in the movie of the same name. In this one, he is like the "Mingo" (Ed Ames) character in the Daniel Boone TV series. Though not Oxford educated, the Michael Pate Indian Chief character was a graduate of West Point class of 1835. ;-D

Anyway, one greatly and painfully wonders why the hell the stupid people who can make choces of what movies to release on DvD do not release any of the Glenn Ford comedies? This one sure was a nice change-of-pace.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• we watched She wore a yellow ribbon and Rio grande last night, he was in the mood for some john wayne

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• THE MAN FROM THE ALAMO (1953)
    GLENN FORD with CHILL WILLS and HUGH O'BRIAN
    about a alamo defender who leaves to protect his family. good action but eveyone's has a revolver. not in 1836. wrong weapons for the time frame.:ohmy:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• death of a gunfighter.richard widmark with lena horne as his lover who owns a saloon.no mention of race at all in th movie.he's a town sheriff who out lives his time.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• THE MAN FROM THE ALAMO (1953)
    GLENN FORD with CHILL WILLS and HUGH O'BRIAN
    about a alamo defender who leaves to protect his family. good action but eveyone's has a revolver. not in 1836. wrong weapons for the time frame.:ohmy:

The Man From the Alamo, is another excellent Glenn Ford Western. :thumbs_up: This one is not on dvd either. :glare:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "Tom Horn". An interesting movie starring Steve McQueen. Sadly he had lost a lot of his old charisma after being away for so long.

• " The Tall T" (1957)
    -Randolph Scott, Richard Boone

Having lost his horse in a bet, Pat Brennan hitches a ride with a stagecoach carrying newlyweds, Willard and Doretta Mims. At the next station the coach and its passengers fall into the hands of a trio of outlaws headed by a man named Usher. When Usher learns that Doretta is the daughter of a rich copper-mine owner, he decides to hold her for ransom. Tension build over the next 24 hours as Usher awaits a response to his demands and as a romantic attachment grows between Brennan and Doretta.

Solid well made western adventure film.

I also watched 2 episodes of one of my favorite western shows,
    "The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr"
    1. "No Mans Land"
    2. "Brisco In Jalisco"

lots of fun.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town