What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,624 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• you can tell i was tired when i posted about watching polar express so if someone higher up could put it into the non western area i would be greatful and again sorry for doing it in the wrong place

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• "Maverick" (1994)
    -Mel Gibson. Jodie Foster. James Garner

Bret Maverick, needing money for a winner take all poker tournament, faces various comic mishaps and challenges, including a charming woman thief and a Marshal who's not quite what he seems.

In my opinion this is one of the best movie adaptations of a TV series ever made. Good action and humor and it keeps to the spirit of the series.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "Red River" (1948)

Tom Dunson builds a cattle empire with his adopted son Matthew Garth. Together they begin a massive cattle drive north from Texas to the Missouri railhead. But on the way, new information and Dunson's tyrannical ways cause Matthew to take the herd away from Dunson and head to a new railhead in Kansas. Dunson, swearing vengeance, pursues.

Along with "The Searchers" this is probably one of Wayne's greatest films.
    Great action and suspense and fine acting from the entire cast

• 3:10 To Yuma (1957) with Glen Ford and Van Heflin. I really like this movie. It was really good. I find it as one of my top westerns out there. No, there are many Duke movies I like better. I haven't seen the remake yet (2007), but I wanted to see this one (1957). If I had to rate this movie (1957), I would make it an 8 out of 10. Not every movie has to be a shoot 'em up to make a great western. I will see the new one (2007) when it comes out on DVD early next year. And I will make an honest assessment and comparison at that time. This new version never came to my town, so I missed it.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Watched: Dark Command on Sat I think?

Forgot to mention that I saw: Blazing Saddles on AMC a few days ago. This movie is one to lift up one's saggging spirits on.:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I watched Blazing Saddles also, Ringo. Aways worth a laugh or twelve. :thumbs_up:

I watched The Missing with Tommy Lee Jones and Kate Blanchett yesterday. I put off seeing this film for a few years because I didn't think it would be my kind of western. I was wrong. It was very well made and the story kept me drawn in. I should have know, being a Ron Howard film.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Ride in the whirlwind (1965), depressing, but sort of beautiful and strangely captivating. Young Jack Nicholson still without his worst mannerisms

I don't believe in surrenders.

• "Broken Arrow" (1950)
    -James Stewart, Jeff Chandler

In 1870, when white men and Indians are fighting bitterly, Tom Jeffords tries to arrange a peace by befriending Indian leader Cochise, but ends up fighting anger and prejudice on both sides.

One of the best of the 1950's westerns. Stewart, as always is excellent.
    Good acting and story with a slightly sad ending. This is a fine movie.

• Dang it, I forgot the title but, it was a Western that had: James Stewart, Audie Murphy and Dan Duryea in it. Was played on AMC this morning.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "The Plunderers" (1948)
    -Rod Cameron

An Army officer pretends to shoot a sheriff (but not the deputy) and then goes undercover with a horse rustling gang.

Average western adventure. Nothing great but watchable.

"Fistful Of Dollars"
    -Clint Eastwood

Sergio Leone's classic about a mysterious strangers involvement with warring factions in a Mexican border town.

One of the greatest western films ever made.