How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 927,599 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The old cabin is called the "Trail Center". I believe it used to serve as a rest stop for skiers and snowmobilers but there is not as much traffic as you get closer to the Canadian border because most of the trails are dead ends or loops, nice for families with kids who don't want to go far.
    I know I have said it before, but it is so awesome going up there.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Todd, thanks for these photo's. Until Christmas eve and day 2004, I had not been in snow since our family spent Christmas vacation at Cloud Croft, New Mexico -- way back when I was only 6. :blink::blink:

Now, the last time I did see any snow was from many miles away from the mountains that were located near Lake Konstanz, Germany -- when I was there in Sept and Oct 2000.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• hi sxviper

great photos looks like you had fun still looks cold brrrrrrrr

well we have had rain for like forever now we are having 2 days fine hope tomorrow to mow the lawn what fun.

they say that we wont have to go on to level 3 water restrictions for 1 month wow wee big deal we need it to fall in the right areas not where i am the the dam will fill right up

heard about the heavy snow in europe hope all who live there are ok

till later

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• The weather in our little corner of the world has been pretty wild in the past day or two - what the weatherman calls "unsettled conditions" meaning it can be sunny one minute, and pouring down hail the next. Chester encountered a dusting of snow as he went over the 1200 foot summit on the way to work this morning. Later on in the day, that same road was closed due to snow, although the temperature is such that it didn't stay long, and by the time he came home, it was mostly gone.

It's been pretty cold, too (at least by local standards :rolleyes: ), and the snow level should go down to around 500 feet above sea level AGAIN! Br-r-r-r-r-r-r!

Sadly, not anywhere enough snow to go snowmobiling, Todd :( , but enough to look pretty :) .

Mrs. C :angel1:

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Mar 5 2006, 12:34 AM

Now, the last time I did see any snow was from many miles away from the mountains that were located near Lake Konstanz, Germany -- when I was there in Sept and Oct 2000.

[snapback]28371[/snapback]

It's a small world they always say :D I was near Lake Konstanz too in sept 2000 B)

• Funny how the snow landed - there was snow near the coast, in Santa Cruz proper (in the flat lands), and in the ridges around us, but none on us here in the San Lorenzo Valley!

Heavy hail last night before we went to bed, thunder and lightning as we fell asleep, clouds early this morning, and sunshine by lunch time (which was fortunate, as it was opening day for Little League - it was cold, but at least we didn't get rained on :) ).

More rain on the way!

• Snow, Hail, Lighting....what does all this stuff look or sound like. It has been so long since we have had any rain, snow or anything related to it we don't know what it is. Our whole state is under burn bans. We have had several wildfires as a result and that is a little scary because we don't normally have those unless they are lightning stirkes or some other freaky accident. It rains a little in any direction from Salina but even that is not enough to make any difference. I keep telling everyone the hole in the Ozone layer is right above Salina and when ever there is any weather it just goes right around us. I seriously can't tell you the last time we had any precepitation. Everyone is starting to worry about the wheat crop this year. Send any of your weather my way.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• In A Word, HOT!!! :angry:

We are suppose to cool off but we reached 88F today. We are getting wet weather tomorrow and should be at around 62F by Wednesday.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• In a word, COLD!

Not anywhere near as cold as it gets in places like Russia or Norway or even Minnesota, but cold for around here. There was snow over the weekend, although amazingly none at our house. In the ridges above us and even at the coast (our daughter told us of walking on the beach in the SNOW!). We didn't get over 41º F here yesterday, which is unseasonably cold for a daytime high.

And more rain expected again this week . . . believe me, Baby Sis, if I could send some of this rain your way, it would happen in a heart beat :rolleyes: .

• :jump: We are under a winter storm warning, 6-10 inches of snow and blowing to make drifts :jump::jump:

Need I tell you guys I am happy!!!!!!!!!!!

-John Wayne

• We're finally getting some relief from the heat. The temperatures have been running 15 degrees or more above average for the past ten days, but a front blew through this morning and temperatures are predicted to be in the low 70s for highs for the next week or so. :) I won't even talk about rain - the weathercasters keep teasing us with slight chances for rain, but when push comes to shove, the wet stuff goes right by us saying "adios." <_<
    Cheers - Jay :)

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Jay, before our snow started we had thunder and lightning. Its called thundersnow!!! We didn't get as much as they predicted but its white out and that's what counts. 1 more week of winter then the spring breezes can come.

-John Wayne

• Yesterday evening we had a minor cool front blow through. The temps are more normal for this time of the year but will be getting much warmer in a day or so.

• Well, old man winter must have decided to wake up about 3 months too late as we are suppose to get another 6-8 inches of snow Wednesday night into Thursday. Gees, where was all this about 3 months ago???!!!!!!!! :frusty::frusty:

-John Wayne

• having great weather has been cool in the mornings but has warmed up durning the day looks like it could be like this for some time they do say that we are in for more rain but we may not get it but you never know

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello All
    We are having a very reluctant spring. There have been a few sunny days of late and that helps. We are due for warmer days. :uhuh: Last Monday we were in the interior and the last snows are melting up at the cabin. On the road North we saw plenty of accumulated snow in the passes. If the sunshine does not come soon we may have to take a road trip south towards Mr and Mrs C country. ciao murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Well, wouldn't you know it! Spring is officially here and the weather turns colder than it has been for most of all winter long. At least we finally got an inch and a half of rain Sunday - still need much more to break this South Texas drought that has been ongoing.
    Cheers - Jay :blow:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• hi Jay, sometime last night we actually got some rain here. I was pleased to walk out on my balcony and see that the ground was fairly wet. We are overcast and fairly cool here today. :jump::jump::jump::jump: