How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 925,181 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Kind of over cast and cold here today but it's supposed to get nice as the week goes on. Still hoping for a nice weekend at the lake.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• Well, we're up to 59 days of one hundred degrees or more (F) this summer - in fact, it's official; this is the warmest summer on record in San Antonio since records started being kept in the 1880s. Fortunately, temps are holding in the mid-ninties now - I'm going to break out the sweaters and jackets.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Edited once, last by Jay J. Foraker ().

• We've had a very mild summer and August was very cool for August, but we are in September. I must say that I have enjoyed the weather a lot. Today, we had cloud cover with a little rain here and there. The temps were around 80 which is very cool this time of year. We are usually around 90. We are going to be a little warmer for the rest of the week to the upper 80's, and less of a chance of rain.

As for the hurricanes, they have been almost nonexistent this season as for hitting land. The first Atlantic storm hit the panhandle of Florida and made a lot of rain on the coast, but died out as it hit land. The other storms stayed out on sea. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• While the thought of that might bring a smile to my face, Stumpy, it wouldn't do the rest of me any good. I live just north east of D.C.

Maybe wish for some other act of God that could be more localized. :))):

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Too bad a Force 5 doesn't travel up Chesapeake Bay and wipe out DC.

Wouldn't do any good right now. Congress is on vacation and won't be back until next week. :teeth_smile:

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Stumpy, in Pennsylvania, towns in the Poconos where old mines with run off developed what they call sink holes. The towns were closed down at one point years ago and I think finally reopened. If ever a sink hole was needed, one under D.C. would do just fine. Politicians are as evil as one can get, so the sink hole would be perfect for cock roaches.:))):

Back on topic, it has been in the 60's for 3 days during the night and then last night in the 50's. During the day in the 70's.

• we have rain tonight and cooler weather back only getting in the mid 20'sC hope we get into summer soon

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Life ain't fair. You folks over there get too much rain and we Texans never get enough.

I heard the Dallas-Fort Worth area was getting TONS of rain recently.

In the past 2 weeks, we've had several days in the high nineties and even a couple around 100º . . . but cool nights (one night down in the forties), today was overcast and in the sixties, and a couple of hours ago - it started raining, and it's still raining (not heavy, but steady).

Chester :newyear:

• I heard the Dallas-Fort Worth area was getting TONS of rain recently.

Yes, we've had quite a bit of rain in the past few days. In Texas, it's common for the weather to go from one extreme to another. As I told the wife though, I think I prefer flash flooding to extended drought. Usually at this time of year, the vegetation is all burned brown, but currently everything is still green and beautiful.

it's still raining (not heavy, but steady).

That's the best kind, IMO. Soaks in.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• For about two weeks now, we have been getting SOME rain either here or nearby. The past few days have been noticable cooler and I think only around the mid 80s "F". Kingsville on Saturday, had its first rain in over a year-and during the Collegs Football Game.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..