How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 925,176 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• In every cloud there's a silver lining - you guys shouldn't have to worry about the wildfires they've been having all over California.

Yep and all the crap in the air will be gone... for a few days anyway...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• The storm blew in, and it is POURING. Too dark to read the rain guage yet, but it is wild and wooly out there right now!

Happy that the power is still on,

Mrs. C :angel1:

I am basically just on the other side of the mountain from Chester and we are getting pounded by rain... all main streets are starting to be closed due to flooding. We still have power and all but can't get across town... Hope all is well with you Chester...

Well, we lost power for the better part of the day Tuesday and into the night . . . it came back on around 2:15 AM this morning. I don't know about Morgan Hill, but we had around 10 inches of rain in 24 hours! Definitely some flooding issues around the San Francisco Bay area!

Thanks, erthomp, for asking about us. We're doing just fine. We're thankful that we have a woodburning stove for heat, a gas stove in the kitchen for cooking (got to light it with a match, and with electronic thermostat, the oven doesn't work when the power's out), gas water heater (can shower by candle light!), and plenty of candles. Chester even made a little 12-volt extension cord that plugs into a car battery, and the kids were able to watch a movie on the portable DVD player. We also have a crank radio, so we could continue to listen to the news.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• My friends rain gauge showed 6.5 inches of rain yesterday... Can't recall that much rain in such a short time here.... but all is well... and glad to hear all is well with you...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Were still getting some rain hera almost daily. Today has been dry so far. However, we have grossly warmed up and became very humid again. I think later this week or early next week? were supposed to dip into the 50's at night with day highs of about 72--but ill believe that when I feel it ;)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Sometime tomorrow afternoon or early evening, were supposed to get a cool front blow through. Im definately looking forward to that ;-)) We also have a 20% chance of rain. Cool weather is supposed to be here for at least 5 days ;-))

• havent seen any news for some time so i to am glad that you are all right. we have had a few more dust storms but not as bad as before, we have had bush fires in the south/east but not so far where i am. and to top it off we got more rain just before the dust storm came in lol.

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello All We have a wicked spectrum of color on leaves at this time and had more sunshine blue sky days then we deserved. Now the Fall monsoons have gently settled and we are back in the tree growing season.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• We got some rain in the middle of the night which caused some flooding in areas of town. I slept through it all ;-))

Later today a cold front is supposed to blow through here and its supposed to drop into the upper 50s this evening :D Now THIS is MY kind of weather ;-))