How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 919,656 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Good luck with that snow! We're supposed to get, maybe, a couple inches-nothing compared to you. I was never that crazy about winter anyhow, so I'm countin' the days til spring!

• [quote='ShortGrub','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=88959#post88959']They are calling for 8 -12" of snow. The local grocery stores have been cleaned out. Strange how people forget that snow plows run the night through. At least the temps according to the weatherman .
    Same here in the philly area.That means I'am watching alot of movies this weekend.:thumbs_up:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Well, with the winter weather going up the east coast, you could say it started here in the southeast and the gulf coast. We got a lot of rain in this one, over 2 and a half inches, which has put us above 8 inches this month almost double what we are suppose to get in the month of December and we have 12 days in the month to go. This rain was bone chilling cold too.

Looks like a wet Christmas eve for us, no snow. We have never had a white Christmas here in Prattville in over 120 years according to the weather office. In other words, there is no record of snow on Christmas here.

Cold and cloudy today at 46 (for the moment) with sunshine tomorrow and around 50. We should be around 35 tonight.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I'm right below you in MD, Bill. We are getting the same storm. Man, what weather. High winds creating drifts, and we got a more than a foot already. I love the snow, hate the digging out. But it sure is beautiful outside.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• The storm seems to have run it's course, and the last flakes drifting down. What I hate is I can't help shovel with only one good hand. Hopefully the neighbor comes over and plows the sidewalk and end of our driveway.
    If it wasn't for our borough Nazis I would just drive over it since we own SUV's, but they will fine us. They would make Adolf proud. Some republicans make democrats look nice.

• Well the snows over and we got about 21ins. Dug my car out only took about 20 ninutes not bad. The major roads are in good shape they did a great job overnight clearing the highways. That means I have no excuse not to go to work on monday.:cry2:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Well we are going to the upper 20's tonight. But a gradual warm up this week before the rain comes again to greet us for Christmas. Say tuned.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• just a little wet but still warm sorry to hear you have all had so much snow keep warm and safe

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Nice day with temps at the lower 60's, but it's coming and it will be a rainy Christmas. Just waiting and seeing.

- John Wayne quote

• grey skys ( but many smiles at Christmastime ) and some cause to reflect, overall, fine days for this time of year

Greetings from North of the 49th

• fine days for this time of year

We're apparently suffering from "global warming" in north Texas. Today is the 23rd of December and our current temperature is about 70/75°F with bright sunshine. This afternoon I'm gonna smoke a brisket outside.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Bill, that looks great. Snow makes everything look so "clean".

We are going through our second big storm of the year, last 1 was 2 weeks ago. This one, they are predicting 20 inches of snow and high winds and it will last through Saturday evening. We probably won't be going to our parent home's for Chrsitmas, as we need to travel about 95 miles. The kids are going to be disappointed. Hopefully we can get to church tomorrow evening to atleast have Christmas Eve services.

I am sure loving the snow though :)

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We're apparently suffering from "global warming" in north Texas. Today is the 23rd of December and our current temperature is about 70/75°F with bright sunshine. This afternoon I'm gonna smoke a brisket outside.

There's a saying popular with Texans that "if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute". The truth of that old cliche was brought home with jarring force this morning. First, look at how I described our local weather yesterday (23 Dec). Now look at what we have today (24 Dec).

De gustibus non est disputandum