How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 919,601 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, we just went through a bunch of storms here in SE Minnesota. My home town of Albert Lea doesn't sound like they made it through safely. Roughly 3 dozen tornados reported, many houses damaged or completely destroyed. My parents seem to be ok, my brother has damaged to he roof, it's dark so hard to tell till the morning. There is a triage center at the local hospital. Gonna be a rough night for them in that area. Pray for the best outcome. I will let you know more if I hear anything.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Well, Minnesota is not generally known as "tornado alley". I guess we just got unlucky......... Things have quieted down somewhat. Still some possibilities for severe weather this evening. But the weekend is looking nice, which will be good because they need nice weather to cleanup the mess.

I live about 85 miles from the area and by the time the storms got to us all it did was rain heavy and lots of wind. Some straightline wind damage but nothing like the tornado cause in my home town.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I live about 85 miles from the area and by the time the storms got to us all it did was rain heavy and lots of wind. Some straightline wind damage but nothing like the tornado cause in my home town.

Glad to hear your relatives (parents and brother) came through OK, Todd. The family and I experienced a tornado in 1966 and believe me, they're no fun.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• A great cool down with our first rain in 10 days, and relief too. Today was not so lucky, but it seemed less humid, but still very hot around 98. Tomorrow is a carbon copy of today with no rain, humid, and hot of about 97.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• well the cold has arrived it gets quite parky at night now havent seen the news in the last 5 days so cant tell you the temps we have been having, good luck to all those affected by tornatoes and bad weather

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hardly no rain, though we are getting rain around with hit and miss showers. We seem to be getting the misses. And has it been muggy for the last month. We have seen our temptress above 95 for the last 24 days, which is unusual too. We average at 88 at the beginning of the month and 91 at the end. So we are just plain hot and miserable.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote