There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,191 times. The latest Post () was by gt12pak.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just heard that Don Knotts Passed on last night, I think they said that He was 81. :( He was a Very Good Actor and a Very Funny Man! He was also said to be a Very Good Man. How could we ever Forget "Barney Fife!!!" :lol:

Bill :cowboy:

• He will be missed, but thankfully we will always have TV reruns and DVD's to watch. And on that note I think I'll go and watch "The Ghost And Mr. Chicken"

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Yes he was a good man and he will be missed. I am sure he is sitting up in heaven right now with 1 bullet in his pocket waiting to nab that bad guy!!!

Him and Tim Conway were great together as well.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• As a child. I loved his Apple Dumpling Gang movies with Tim Conway. I just looked him up on IMDB and was surprised to see that he actually played a character on the soap opera, "Search for Tomorrow" from 1953 to 55'. And also found out his first name is Jesse. Donald is is middle name.

He will never be forgotten as long as anyone gets mad at police officers. I've called a few officers, "Barnie Fife" after getting speeding tickets, (always under my breath) :P .

He will be missed for sure.

RIP

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Some of my earlies TV memories was of Don Knotts as Barney Fife, and watching The Andy Griffith Show w/ my Father after he came home from work. After that, we always watched a show called: The F.B.I.

Don, Rest In Peace, you are already sorely missed. :(:(:(

A short one for you (for an early Don Knott's appearance)

I THINK it was on either The Steve Allen Show or something similar. There were four people who stood in a line -- each one told the audience that they were Errol Flynn--until the real Errol Flynn was shown and said who he was. Well, one of those in the line-up was Don Knotts. I thought that was hilarious. Each person had a pencil thin mustache -- just like Flynn's! The way he said: "I'm Errol Flynn" just cracked me up to no end.

BTW, if you want to see this clip of Don knotts, it is on the Documentary DvD in the Errol Flynn Signature Collection DvD set.

I repeat though, Don Knott's is sorely missed by me. :(:(:(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "Nip it, Nip it in the bud!"

My favorite Barney Fife saying. As for the show, I'd have to say the "Pickle Lady" is a great Barney show there. He was classic in that.

We keep losing the great ones.

R.I.P. Don/Barney.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We remember watching Don Knotts as Barney Fife as kids. The really neat thing is that we can buy them (first on VHS, now on DVD) and share them with our kids.

He was pretty funny in The Apple Dumpling Gang :lol: !

Here are a few links to articles regarding his death -

NY Times

USA Today

And here is The Official Don Knotts Web Site.

Chester :newyear:

• Since "The Andy Griffith Show" is getting much rerun activity, Knott's Barney Fife character is getting a lot of mileage for the new generations. His characterization of the landlord and neighbor on "Three's Company" also was a hoot! Rest in peace.
    Cheers - Jay :(

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hello All
    I echo the comments of the members. I was very impressed with the incredible mr limpet where Mr Knots played a sailor who falls hard for a mermaid.
    I hesitate to admit how much the Andy of Mayberry show influenced the lives of my generation. It was in a good way though. Basic values are hard to beat. I have not seen an episode for a long time and Barn as sheriff Andy used to call him was a nutbar but as John Ford used to say of Ward Bond "He's our nut bar". If in the course of his career Mr Knots managed to remain a good guy then I take my hat off to him. It takes guts to be true to your code. I ponder the comment that we are losing the great ones. I think that we have to ensure that new great ones are being taught by example what great really is. In a tough situation I would rather have one decent person then twenty weak individuals. so long Don knots til we meet up agin in the great beyond. Murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

• I wanted to pass this along, that TV Land will have a weekend tribute to Don Knott's this weekend including Three's Company, and tonight Larry King Live will have Andy Griffith and Ron Howard on his show of course talking about Don. Could be good.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• How much more of this can we take? Jesus whos left? Rest in peace Mr. Knotts I grew up on reruns of The Andy Griffith show and Threes Company. Very sad to hear indeed :(:cowboy:

NOT THE BRANDY YOU DOPE!

• Ya know, one of the reasons I like this site is that there is just so much to comment about. One of the funniest episodes of The Andy Griffith Show is the one where Fife is helping Andy Taylor get over his girlfriend. They go out with the fun girls and get into an argument with one of the girls boyfriends. The boyfriend makes a comment about Fife being a squirt and Andy tells him that we don't appreciate being called squirts and gets a black eye over it. REST IN PEACE DON KNOTTS.:cry2:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I love The Andy Griffith Show. Don Knotts and Andy Griffith were terrific together and the show had real humor without ever being mean-spirited or too smart for its own good. Aunt Bee was great, too - and Ronny Howard belongs to that exclusive club of child actors who grew up to be successful, and who were also good actors and never annoying despite being cute and precocious (like Dean Stockwell or Brandon de Wilde). It ranks right up there for me with I Love Lucy, Leave it to Beaver, and The Honeymooners for old b&w classics.

I think one of my favorite episodes is the one where Andy has a butler from England. I also have fond memories of the one in which Barney insists on getting Andy a girlfriend and invites every woman in Mayberry over to Andy's house without his knowledge so that he can sort through them and identify keepers. Barney was always meddling but meant well. I liked all of them, though - at least until they started airing them in color.

I have to admit that as different as the shows were, I also loved Mr. Furley on Three's Company.

• Let us not forget The Apple Dumpling Gang with Tim Conway. I remember seeing it as a kid and would like to see it again. Also in the Cannonball Run 2, he basically reprised his Barney Fife role and again he was with Tim Conway. He is very much missed.

Stay thirsty my friends.