Happiness Is A.........................

There are 54 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,873 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• That was a special pet, Chester. I can see you having a pet like that. :wink_smile: I have 4 gold fish in an outdoor pond. I love pets, I just don't have time right now to care for one. My last land animal was a dog, but that was over 25 years ago, and was put to sleep due to a illness. Hard to cope with that, so I just haven't had the time to have one. But soon I will again.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• we have 2 cockateals (hope its spelt right) and 1 very old red cattle dog she will be 14 this year and she is a muched loved member of the family even when she has her grumpy moments. we have had cattle dogs for as long as i can remember i remember watching them grow up from puppies and change from their white puppy coats to getting their adult colouring. had joey when we were little that was until pete the roo dog got her and killed her. pete was moved along shortly after as he had also taken to killing the chickens. mum and dad are without a dog at the moment but they get to enjoy my sisters dog when she goes over to visit.
    did try to keep goldfish a long time ago but they were always beening feed to the dunny was not able to keep them going so gave up. had a cat when i was younger he was called smokey was loved but was naughty as well. mum was washing the 2 dogs we had at the time and he was sitting on the wash house roof i think he was laughing at them for having a wash and fell of the roof right into the wash tub quick as a flash mum grabbed him and gave him a wash as well when she had finished he ran right up the back yard, never saw him around when the wash tub came out again.
    cheers smoky

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• We all know JW had a pet dog as a kid called Duke

What pets do YOU own

In our house we have a West Highland White terrier, a cat, a hamster and 2 Goldfish

Below is a photo of our dog - Bobby

• In our house we have a West Highland White terrier

That's a real cute pooch, John.

The wife and I have no pets as we think they tend to "tie you down" too much. After all, pets require at least the same amount of care as children. As "empty nesters", we're free to come and go as we please.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Expensive breed though Stumpy !!

Bobby was £500, he is very lively, needs lots of walks to run the 'rough' of him, today being sunday myself and wife usually take a drive out to the hills and give him a good walk there

• I thought it might be interesting to hear anything members can share about
    Dogs Cats Birds and every other non human friend.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• I thought it might be interesting to hear anything members can share about Dogs Cats Birds and every other non human friend.

It seems to be my night to be merging threads for folks. Murray, when I read your post, I knew that somewhere out there, was a thread where people talked about their pets, so I merged it with the one you just started.

Happy reading!!

Chester :newyear:

• Had to put my 19 year old kitty, Ginger, to sleep less than two weeks ago.:cry2::cry2: She was such a comfort and joy. We had her since she was six weeks old. We had to put her pal, Fluffy, to sleep back in 2004. Both were long haired tabbies.
    My wife and I are talking about adopting two siblings around August.
    Cheers - Jay

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• . . . . . . . . . people who may agree or disagree with you and your beliefs, but still calls you friend no matter what.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Jay, I remember you telling me you had to put your Cat down. Im sorry for your loss and wish I could send you the two replacements you need. My Cat Shasta, had three Kittens this time. She had them in the attic of my apt building and I think one died. The other two are doing well but, one I think is going to be untamable.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• happiness is.... getting a cuddle whenyou are felling down, it sure brightens up your day

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Had to put my 19 year old kitty, Ginger, to sleep less than two weeks ago.:cry2::cry2: She was such a comfort and joy. We had her since she was six weeks old. We had to put her pal, Fluffy, to sleep back in 2004. Both were long haired tabbies.
    My wife and I are talking about adopting two siblings around August.
    Cheers - Jay

Well, it's not August, but we have two new kittens in the family.
    I called our vet about ten days ago to see if they had any kittens up for adoption. As it happened, they did! I went out there last Friday (a week ago) and found a brother and sister ten weeks old. The vet had checked them out and they were good to go so I brought them home.
    They are both black with white markings with differences enough to tell them apart. Since they play around a lot tumbling all over the place, we have called them Jack and Jill. Jack is shorthaired and Jill is longhaired. They really are a joy to watch and have in the household.

"Not hardly!!!"