Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,392,349 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Over the weekend I saw: Kelly's Heroes, Where Eagles Dare, Ken Burns: The War, and several more episodes from the 1st half of Season 2 of; COMBAT!

Oh and before coming to the library today, TCM played: White Heat w/ James Cagney. White Heat is fast becoming one of my top two most favorite James Cagney movies.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Two classics,

It's a Wonderful life (James Stewart), sweet, an enjoyment to watch

All about Eve (Bette Davis), as good, but less a plesure to watch for all the cheating and scheming. The short apperance of Marilyn Monroe is electrifying. She may be the only feminine female actor I enjoy watching for her own sake, not just because she makes a good contrast to the male hero

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Watched on AMC this morning: The Longest Day. After that, I watched the first part of Hellfighters, then watched the noontime news and finished another episode of COMBAT!

• Dog Day Afternoon. Another superb film from Sidney Lumet (Serpico, Equus, Network etc). A shame that Pacino didn't make that many films when he was younger, but then he always considered himself to be primarily a stage actor.

• In the Valley of Elah This movie left me with a foul taste in my mouth. It didn't put a negative light on the military, but it didn't exactly lift them up either. Tommy Lee Jones played the part well. It was the end of the movie that made me pretty mad. Jones put the U.S. flag upside down at the end of the movie and wrapped duck tape around the pole with the rope taped up with the pole to not let it come down for a very long time. I knew this was a controversial film but it wasn't that bad, no more than usual from the left, and the performance was great. Charlize Theron was also great in her part in the movie. As for Susan Sarandon, she didn't politicize this movie. Her part was pretty small.

Go at your own risk. I will not recommend this movie.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Saw on Friday: Tora Tora Tora--a very well made rendition of the Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. I need to see Midway; next. Sat: The Fighting Seabees, and then Pork Chop Hill. I never tire of both. When I got back home--I watched serveral episodes of the Leave-it-to-Beaver marathon on TVLand. AS I was (and still am) down with the Flu, I spent all-day Sunday watching either 1st Season episodes of Andy Griffith or-more LitB marathon-including the original pilot for the show that did not have Tony Dow (as Wally) nor Hugh Beaumont (as Ward Cleaver). I didn't feel like sitting long enough to watch a full-fleged movie. Monday Morn: a few more episodes from 1st season of The Andy Griffith Show.

• round the world in eighty days staring jackie chan had some good laughs in it the stunts were good

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"