Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,378,409 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• have been watching The winds of War staring robert mitchium been interesting collection so far will try to watch another one tonight before i go to bed will help me to relax as i have been at work tonight

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I watched "Remember the Titans," recently, it was an interesting movie with an important message, I don't know how accurate the movie was historically but it did make for some uncomfortable viewing.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• TERROR ON A TRAIN. on tcm. the title caught my eye.(british 1953)
    with glenn ford: the terror is a bomb on a train with explosives on board. short film 77mins. not bad not great. PS. no passengers on the train.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• have been watching The winds of War staring robert mitchium been interesting collection so far will try to watch another one tonight before i go to bed will help me to relax as i have been at work tonight

cheers smokey

Hi Smokey, you can't go wrong with watching: The Winds of War. I watched it about 2 months ago and then watched it's sequal shortly after that. :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Last night I tried to get through all the commercials on AMC in order to try to watch (their) version of a good Tom Berenger film called: Sniper. After that I started watching Terminator 2 on DvD.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi All,

The last non westen i whatched was Stuart Little1/2 that is when to adults get a pet muose that

talks

Bluecap:beer::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

when not colour just black and white

• I came across What a girl wants with Colin Firth last night on our tv. Although it's one I have in my collection and have seen it numerous times I watched it again just because I like to drool over Colin Firth!!

• We just watched Cheaper by the Dozen, the original one from 1950, with Clifton Webb and Myrna Loy as the parents. Great movie, but we were quite shocked (i.e., blindsided) by the father's death near the end of the movie - NEVER saw it coming!

Mrs. C :angel1:

This is based on true events of the family in the movie, and there was a sequel, I think the title of the movie was Bells on their Toes. I don't recall seeing that one, but it deals with the mother taking on the family as the children grow up. The Steve Martin is sort of a take off of the original except it isn't the original except for the title. The original is a rather good movie.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Whisper with Josh Holloway a weird thriller, but one that is worth a watch. It did not get into the theaters, but had a DVD premiere back in November 27, 2007. I can't find it. This is the first time I've seen this.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We just watched Cheaper by the Dozen, the original one from 1950, with Clifton Webb and Myrna Loy as the parents. Great movie, but we were quite shocked (i.e., blindsided) by the father's death near the end of the movie - NEVER saw it coming!

Mrs. C :angel1:

Mrs. C, if you liked the movies versions of Cheaper by the Dozen (1950) and Belles on Their Toes (1952), then I would HIGHLY recommend the books. They were written by Frank, Jr and Earnestine and are an autobiography of the family's life growing up in the 1920's.

I used to read a lot of books as a kid, but they are part of a select few that I will return to and re-read again as an adult. That's about as high praise as I can give to a book.

(Incidentally, one of my favorite scenes in both the book and movie is when the Dad plays that practical joke on the snooty lady from Planed Parenthood. Hilarious!!!:wink_smile:)

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Ferris Buller's Day Off is a fun movie with Matthew Bordrick. This is a typical teenage movie, and is pretty good.

- John Wayne quote

• watched another night of winds of war really looking forward to the next couple and then i will start looking for the next series

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• The Russell Girl a Hallmark movie on CBS, Sunday night. A very touching movie about several issues including accidental death, cancer, and family gatherings. Sounds like your family. It was really good.

- John Wayne quote

• The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler. Like the original better with Eddie Albert and Burt Reynolds.

- John Wayne quote

• Over the weekend, I saw a great British movie for the first time. It was filmed in 1945 and starred: Sirs: John Mills, Michael Redgrave -respectively, and also starred Trevor Howard. Shame that this "Gem" is not available on DvD. The movie of course is: "The Way to the Stars." :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

For you Airforce buffs, you don't seem much or any fighiting at all-is much like Twelve O'clock High in many respects. This film was a great escapist movies though.

"Bless them all, bless them all, the long and the short and the tall.......'" I love that song.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Been on a James Bond kick! Recently purchased some single titles in remastered and widescreen DVDs. Watched "From Russia with Love," "You Only Live Twice" and "Diamonds Are Forever" in the last few days.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"