Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,565 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Robin Hood:Prince of thieves. I don't care one bit about Kevin Costner because Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham steals the show here. Alan Rickman sure is one brilliant actor!!

Ah come on!!

HEHEHEHE!!!

Watched Blood Diamond the other night, very good movie.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Last night I saw part 7 of: The Winds of War, which starred Robert Mitchum, Peter Graves, Topol, Polly Bergen, Jan-Michael Vincent, David Dukes, Andrew Duggan, Karl-Otto Alberty, Wolfgang Priess, Victoria Tennant and Ali McGraw.

If you have not seen these, all I can say is your missing out on some most excellent and decently made viewing. After this I plan on enjoying all twelve parts to: War and Remembrance. For Christmas, I hope to get North & South, North & South Book II and North and South III (which was not near as good as N&S 1&2.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Our teenaged daughter wanted the house to herself and a couple of her girlfriends last night, so I took the kids out to see Bee Movie, with the voice talents of Jerry Seinfeld and Renee Zellweger. It was pretty cute, had some fun humor that the adults could appreciate (without being inappropriate) and plenty of funny stuff for the kids as well. Fun graphics in a story set in New York City.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I've been working my way through the boxed set of "Band of Brothers", a miniseries that originally appeared on HBO. It's about a platoon of 101st Airborne paratroopers who served in WW2. Not bad, though I've seen war movies I liked better. It was produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg, which was kinda surprising (I thought).
    Anyway, there's lot of action after their drop into Normandy.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• last night watched "The Great Escape" today watched ANZACS and earlier in the week watched "The Lighthorse" (an aussie movie).

gave my brother the dirty dozen, the lighthorse, the great escape, desert rats and kakoda to watch and he copied them to take away with him.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Watched "The Presidio" yesterday on a DVD I had purchased for $5 a while back. Pretty good actioner with a young Mark Harmon (N.C.I.S.) and Sean Connery. Liked all the San Francisco locales.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• last night watched "The Great Escape" today watched ANZACS and earlier in the week watched "The Lighthorse" (an aussie movie).

gave my brother the dirty dozen, the lighthorse, the great escape, desert rats and kakoda to watch and he copied them to take away with him.

cheers smokey

I know of The Lighthorsemen, it's one of my all-time favorite Aussie movies. :thumbs_up:

Anyway, speaking of The Dirty Dozen. I watched that this morning. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Watched Shrek the Third with with my daughter last night. Not bad, but not as good as the last two. Like any other sequels, they tend to get watered down as they get to the third and forth installments. But, still worth a laugh or twelve.

The funny part is, while I enjoy seeing these animated and computer generated movies being put out now, I always made my kids think I was only watching them to make the kiddies happy. But I only got one kid left in the house now...once she's gone, I'll not have excuses to watch these. I guess I'll either have to fess up to them that I enjoy them, or become a closet watcher. :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Watched Shrek the Third with with my daughter last night. Not bad, but not as good as the last two. Like any other sequels, they tend to get watered down as they get to the third and forth installments. But, still worth a laugh or twelve.

The funny part is, while I enjoy seeing these animated and computer generated movies being put out now, I always made my kids think I was only watching them to make the kiddies happy. But I only got one kid left in the house now...once she's gone, I'll not have excuses to watch these. I guess I'll either have to fess up to them that I enjoy them, or become a closet watcher. :wink_smile:

Mark

Then you can have a "Coming out of the closet" party sometime in the future!!! :teeth_smile: :wink_smile:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• watched the last harry potter movie again with the little bloke, we just bought the dvd. hope to get the last santa clause movie sometime this week if i dont get called into work

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Robin Hood: the Prince of thieves. Not a good film, but at least there was something to watch: horses, Rickman and Costner (in that order). Although I can't help it: I only see Severus Snape in Rickman now

I don't believe in surrenders.