Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,409,592 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• For you fans of The Beatles, a musical of their music is out on DVD, and portrays the story back in the 1960's. Across the Universe is that DVD. I enjoyed the movie, but you must be a fan of musicals, and like The Beatles music, otherwise you will just hate this movie.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hello Stumpy It's funny you mention High Chapparel, i was just thinking about that tv show the other day. About all I can remember is a Hispanic element & that I liked it a lot. I'm going to have to google it.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• The last non-western I watched was: "Never So Few" w/ Frank Sinatra, Gina Lollobrigida, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, Brian Donlevy and Dean Jones.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• This afternoon and evening I watched "Broadway Melody of 1936" and "Broadway Melody of 1938", featuring the incredibly handsome Robert Taylor, hair perfectly coiffed, chasing gorgeous and extremely talented dancer Eleanor Powell. Damn, I wish we still had tap dancers like they had back then. Those people were incredible.

One of the things I enjoyed most was watching a young, agile Buddy Ebsen in white tie and tails tap dancing with the even younger Judy Garland. Hard to believe this was the same Ebsen who later starred as old cornpone Pa in "Beverly Hillbillies".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• watched a thriller/horror movie today, called cloverfveld and I thought it was pretty darn good

[SIZE=3]That'll Be The Day[/SIZE]

• Will be watching tonight and tomorrow, two new DvD's I got from Wally-World for $10 bucks: The Incredible Hulk (TV Series Piolt Episode) w/ Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno. On Sunday evening-it will be the first of the "Airplane" movies.

• Watched The Tuskegee Airmen today. Inspiring storey about an all black squadron in WW2 and their outstanding achievments.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Watched "Harrison's Flowers" with Andie MacDowell. This is a movie about a television cameraman who goes to Bosnia during the strife in the 90s and disappears. MacDowell plays his wife who goes there to find him, believing him to be still alive.
    Well done movie, considerably unsettling - you feel the constant fear that anything could happen to end your life.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Just watched The Great Debaters with Denzel Washington, and Forrest Whittaker. This is really a good movie, and am going to watch the extras. There is some inaccuracies, but the story is good. Not a bad movie for the history lessons.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Also, my 18 year old daughter and I have been watching the TV show "24" on DVD (been borrowing them, by the season, from the library). That show is almost addictive :ohmy:.

Mrs. C :angel1:

OH, NO!! I've been sucked in! I watched one episode, and saw how easily one could be engaged in the plot! Between the computer and the TV, I'm gonna have to draw some boundaries so I can get other things done around here (the Mrs. says the same thing for her - a technology "diet" is needed).

Chester :newyear:

• I figureed to useh in my first official viewing of the brand new released; Merrills Marauders w/ Jeff Chandler, Claude Akins, Ty Hardin and Andrew Duggan, by watching another excellent Pacific war movie by the name of: Hell To Eternity w/ Jeffrey Hunter, George Takai (Sulu: from Star Trek fame) and Vic Damone.

End results: BOTH movies were excellent!

• The Man in the Iron Mask- I remember I saw this one the day after I saw Titanic in the cinema. I was rather dissapointed with that one and specially after seeing this film I could not understand all the fuss that went into Titanic. TMITIM is so much more superior and all the actors are sublime even Leo di Caprio who I do not really care for. Can't get enough of this film and every time watch it I am in tears when d' Artagnan dies.

• Recently, I bought a 5-disc special collection titled "The Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland Collection" which includes the films "Babes in Arms", "Babes on Broadway", "Girl Crazy" and "Strike Up the Band". Included in the collection is a disc that shows Judy singing 20 of her most popular hits. Since she was one of my favorite stars when I was a kid, I've spent a very enjoyable couple of hours watching the "Judy Garland Songbook" which is on the extra disc. Man, that gal could sing.

• I watched Into the wild this afternoon. I read the book and really liked it. I was really looking forward to this film. It got great reveiws but had a limited released and never made it to my little town. Although the acting was good, I thought it was dull and slow.

Often times when I have high expectations for a film, I end up being disappointed. I need to aim lower. I've also been put off by Sean Penn's borish behavior at Cannes. I think under different circumstances I might have liked it more.

• Recently, I bought a 5-disc special collection titled "The Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland Collection" which includes the films "Babes in Arms", "Babes on Broadway", "Girl Crazy" and "Strike Up the Band". Included in the collection is a disc that shows Judy singing 20 of her most popular hits. Since she was one of my favorite stars when I was a kid, I've spent a very enjoyable couple of hours watching the "Judy Garland Songbook" which is on the extra disc. Man, that gal could sing.

This afternoon I watched the third film in this collection, which was "Babes on Broadway". Judy performs a number on there that I'll bet our British cousins would enjoy. Not sure of the exact song title but the chorus was "Chin Up, Cheerio, Carry On, Tommy Atkins". Real catchy song and I liked it.