It's Halloween

There are 93 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 24,758 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• didnt get many children as i forgot to put my front light on so that they would know that i was doing it for them, most of the children were done by 7:30pm as i was a school day the next day

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• My wife takes our daughter around and I sit down by the sidewalk and hand out the candy. It's a trip seeing all the different costumes that kids wear. Some get quite inventive. I always hope we don't get flooded with kids, though. I want to make sure there is candy left over for me. :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Dear Folks,

This seems to be directed at Canada. The Snopes article doesn’t say that American supplies are affected.

All that said, better safe than sorry.

Tbone

[INDENT]
    HALLOWEEN CANDY RECALLED

Sherwood brand Pirate's Gold Milk Chocolate coins are being recalled due to the fact that they contain Melamine, the
    ingredient in milk product that has caused many infant deaths in china.

These candies are sold at Costco, as well as many bulk and dollar stores. Please make sure to check your children's Halloween candy and DO NOT LET THEM EAT THE PIRATE COINS (you know the ones wrapped in the shiny gold foil) and please let other parents know about this!

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/coins.asp

[/INDENT]

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Halloween means i turn all my lights off and sit in darkness in the house until it's over.

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• My Wife hands the candy out.

Lucky, if people in my neighborhood turned their lights out, we would egg their house, throw corn, and light a bag full of cow dung on their top step. They would come out and stomp the bag and get cow dung all over their shoes. Odd the next year they handed out candy.:wink:

We were bad as older kids. We would walk behind smaller kids and cut their bags and wait for the candy to fall out.

My penance is to give out really good candy now.:teeth_smile:

• I love halloween but my wife hates it:cry2:We decorated my butcher shop window and an old dear came in and told us we were doing the devils work:ohmy:!! To be honest we prefer Bonfire night and usually go to a party for fireworks and a rake of booze, good old Guy Fawkes

• I'm old enough that when I was a youngster, we had a lot of outhouses. One of the favorite tricks then was to turn over the outhouses, especially when they were occupied. :omg:

Once or twice when we were turning them over, one of us would fall in the hole. As you can imagine, the one who fell in was shunned the rest of the night. :gossip:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• We are creating a haunted house for the kids and having a party. Its the first time we have down this so it should be interesting. The party will include adults so there will be people partaking of "adult" beverages!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We are creating a haunted house for the kids and having a party. Its the first time we have down this so it should be interesting. The party will include adults so there will be people partaking of "adult" beverages!!

Hey Todd,
    as far as I know we haven't tried that here yet.
    I'd love to know what you plan, and what you do to the house?

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• The haunted house is strictly a kids thing. We have a smoke machine, some scary sounds on a stereo looping, your usual lights flashing, I am going to be hiding in a corner area made up as a scary ghost/old guy. We have some friends that are helping with it and they seem to have a idea of how to pull it off, so we shall see. We are setting up this evening so oonce I see what is all involved I can let you know. Hopefully we will take some pictures and I can then share them.

-John Wayne

• That's brilliant, my daughter is here just reading your post with me,
    and we'd love to know how it goes.
    As you are a few hours in front us,
    we may be able to put some of your 'proven' ideas into practice!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Oh, I forgot, baby boomers have no idea what an outhouse is. :whatchutalkingabout:blink::headbonk::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You don't grow up around the Amish and not know what an outhouse is. We would go camping at times during Halloween and we would stake out the girls bathrooms. They were non flush, pit bathrooms, with no electricity. We would rig up black wire around the toilet that would make the person sitting think an animal was in the bathroom with them. They would scream.
    The next day all us lads were lined up by the men and spoken too for scaring the ladies. It was all show for our Dads all asked how we did it.:laugh::laugh:

• You don't grow up around the Amish and not know what an outhouse is. We would go camping at times during Halloween and we would stake out the girls bathrooms. They were non flush, pit bathrooms, with no electricity. We would rig up black wire around the toilet that would make the person sitting think an animal was in the bathroom with them. They would scream.
    The next day all us lads were lined up by the men and spoken too for scaring the ladies. It was all show for our Dads all asked how we did it.:laugh::laugh:

Did you use out-of-date Sears and Roebuck catalogs for toilet paper? :teeth_smile:

• You don't grow up around the Amish and not know what an outhouse is. We would go camping at times during Halloween and we would stake out the girls bathrooms. They were non flush, pit bathrooms, with no electricity. We would rig up black wire around the toilet that would make the person sitting think an animal was in the bathroom with them. They would scream.

You don't fish in Canada or hunt in northern Minnesota and not know what a outhouse is!! And, we used JC Penny catalogs!!

-John Wayne

• Oh, I forgot, baby boomers have no idea what an outhouse is. :whatchutalkingabout:blink::headbonk::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I may not have used one every day, but I have ever used one.

Hey, even our kids know what an outhouse is. When our son (now 20) was about 3 years old, we went camping for about a week, and there were only outhouses where we camped. He was quite willing to stand in front of that hole in a board, but there was no way he was going to park his behind over that hole that seemed to go down forever. He did no 'sitting work' the whole time we were there, and held out for a real toilet where he could see bottom.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Shows what I [don't] know! Here I was under the impression that those under 60 YO had never even heard of outhouses and now I discover that not only have they heard of 'em but have actually used 'em.

Learn something new every day.

Y'all better be careful the next time you're in one at Halloween. Some trick-or-treaters may tip it over 'cause you didn't give them a treat.

Edited 2 times, last by Stumpy ().