Songs That Make You Cry

There are 23 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,667 times. The latest Post () was by nancysredrose5285.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• America The Beautiful Ronan Tynan
    Como La Flor Selena
    You Must Love Me Madonna From Evita
    All The Way Frank Sinatra
    Palomita De Negros Ojos Linda Ronstadt
    One Sweet Day Mariah Carey & Boyz 2 Men
    What A Wonderful World Louis Armstrong
    Coming Out Of Dark Gloria Estefan
    Estan Lloviendo Lagrimas Graciela Beltran
    Tears In Heaven Eric Clapton
    I Have Nothing Whitney Houston From The Bodyguard
    Heaven Is A Place On Earth Belinda Carlisle
    My Love Paul McCartney & Wings
    Where Did The Feeling Go Selena
    Never Too Far Mariah Carey
    My Wild Irish Rose Ronan Tynan
    Our Love Is Here To Stay Billie Holiday
    Behind These Hazel Eyes Kelly Clarkson
    Miracles Jefferson Starship
    When I Think Of You Janet Jackson
    Fly Celine Dion
    Lady In Red Chris Deburgh
    Journey To The Past Aaliyah
    Angels Among Us Alabama

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Some nice choices there. I get teary-eyed when I here certain songs as well. Some like: Mon Legionnaire which was beautifully sang by: Ute Lemper. There are others as well that bring wetness to my eyes such as: Dixie, Garry Owen and The Green leaves of Summer.

Heck, I'm not embarassed to admit to it.

best regards-TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Anybody ever heard teddy bear by Red Sovine?

Yup . . . and how about Giddy-up Go, also by Red Sovine? I have both of those on a composite CD the Mrs. made for me a couple of years back. Now, when I play it, the older kids groan and say . . . "Not again!" but at least one of the younger ones will sing along with me as we're rollin' down the road. Yeah, those two songs are total tear-jerkers.

Another one is "I.O.U." by Jimmy Dean. I gave that one to my mom one year for Mother's Day . . . we were both cryin' :cry2::cry2:.

Chester :newyear:

• I barely remember Red Sovine and yup, his songs were not only good but could make ones eyes become misty.

Other songs that just "grab" me by the heart are:

The Air That I breathe by the Hollies.

Foolin Around and Fell In Love by Elvin Bishop (reason for this one is because it was playing on the radio when I was told that my Mother had passed away.

Alone Again by Gilbert O'Sullivan.

Color My World by: Eric Clapton.

Summer Seasons In the Sun by: Terry Jacks.

Edmond Fitzgerald by I think Gordon Lightfoot? This song gets me everytime as well.

There are others but I cannot think of them just now.

• Chester, I haven't heard those other 2, but I did hear an old Vern Gosdin song the other day called chiseled in stone. That's another one that'll getcha too.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• No Me Ames Marc Anthony & Jennifer Lopez
    Since You've Been Gone Kelly Clarkson
    Amapola Jimmy Dorsey
    Butterfly Mariah Carey
    Innamorata [Sweetheart} Dean Martin
    Hopelessly Devoted To You Olivia Newton John
    Nancy With The Laughing Face Frank Sinatra

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Try these on for size - The Adagio movements from either Bruckner's Symphony No. 7 or Symphony No. 8 or the final movement from Mahler's Symphony No. 3. There are many others, but I just recently listened to these and so they're fresh in my memory.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• There was a version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" done by a Hawaiian singer that died that I heard on ER when Dr. green died. When I heard it I told the wife I want that played at my funeral. I loved the arrangement. And many moons ago I did some song writing so I'm pretty picky. Check it out:

Somwehere Over The Rainbow

• Another one that gets me :cry2: is Music Box Dancer by: Frank Mills. BTW, my best friend is a guy by the name of Frank Mills. :wink_smile:

For Jim & Sue: George Strait has lived in San Antonio ever since I ever first heard of him. I know he has been ther for a fact since before 1984.

If you want to hear a quick and wild story about how I met George Strait--please continue reading.

This was in 1985, and George Strait was going to be putting on a concert in Kingsville, Texas--Fri-Sat and Sunday. Needless to say, all his shows always sell out quickly.

Well, at that time, I was 18 years old, I was driving a 68 Valiant, and I had my first VERY sexy girlfriend to boot.

All that aside, I met George Strait. I was driving down 6th street in K'ville, which was a 4-lane road untill you got to King Street--where it narrowed down to two lanes.

My girlfriend Patty & I, were driving down 6th street at about 11 PM on Thursday night and had seen a White Limo, that had been in various places around town. Well, that same Limo, was in the far righthand lane right next to us. We were stopped at a red light when that white limo pulled up next to us.

We both looked to see who was rolling down the drivers-side car windown. The red light we were at usually took 1 minute to turn and there was plenty of time to answer a question or whatever.

Well, the drivers window was rolled down and the guy started chatting with us. The back window rolled down and the guy who leaned out of the window, was George Strait. The guy asked us if we knew who he was (not giving out his name yet) and we both said nope. He asked us if we knew who was going to be performing at the concerts planned for Fri-Sun, and we both sait that George Strait was here in town--mentioning that he came down for a concert about 2-3 times a year and that they were always sold out.

Anyway, the guy grinned and said that he was George Strait. We thought he was some guy messing wiht us and we were about to run the light to get away from him. The light turned green and we left--as did they. The next light just turned red and they were stopped right next to us.

On this part of 6th street, we were maybe a block or so away from the Police Station. The driver of the limo, revved his engine and asked if we wanted to race them to Dick Kleberg Park. I told him that the road after King street, narrows down to two lanes and that it was a bad street to race on. I suggested that we go to 14th street where it is 4 lanes all the way to Military Highway (now General Cavasos Bulevard) and then after that, the 4 lanes merge into two lanes all the way to Dick Kleberg Park.

Anyway, they said nothing and ran the light and we ran after them--zooming past the police station, and through the lights at Kleberg, King and Huisache streets. We were about neck and neck until I cut them off and got in front-and I was in the lead all the way to Dick Kleberg Park and J,K. Northway Exposition Center--where George Strait does his concerts at.

We turned into the park and then parked somewhere near the entrance of the place--and waited to see if they would come. They finally made it to the street leading to DK park and turned in--spotted us and came up to us.

Both the driver an George Strait called us to the car. We went over and he gave us two autographed tickets for front row seats at his concert--anyday we chose. He also congratulated us for beating him in the car race.

I remember we talked for several minutes and then they had to leave.

Anyway, that was my experiance meeting Georg Strait.

The outcome to all this is, that we missed the concert. Reason why we missed it was because I had a yard care business and Patty and I did all the work. We were too tired Friday to go and had planned going Sat. Sat rolled around and we just plain forgot about the concert. Sunday rolled around, and I can't remember why we missed it then?

We saw Goerge Strait's limo at the local Whataburger in the parkinglot, and we stopped in and saw him at a table eating. We walked up to him and he remembered us from the race and said: "I did not see you at my concert" and we explained what happened and he got a great laugh from it. The other people who were eating were staring at us because we had just walked up to George and just started talking.

That was our last encounter with Georg Strait. :shades_smile:

• 4 lanes in Kingsville... things have changed since I was there. VERY sexy girlfriend... did you date my ex-wife? j/k Sounds like a neat story, but to not go to the concert. He probably would have put you up on the stage during the concert.