Barbara Walters Interview With The Duke?

There are 56 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 43,618 times. The latest Post () was by JoonDay.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Everyone
    Can anyone tell me if there is any copies of the Barbara Walters interview with the Duke out there? I was a bit to young to remember the interview and would love to see it again.
    Did Walters ever put out a Best Of Collection?
    Can anyone help?
    CHEERS!:beer:
    Frank

• Chilibill
    Thanks for the reply and the post. A nice read but I sure would like to see it again.
    I know you must be busy with the Celebration coming up.I hope it turns out great and everyone has a fantastic time!
    Sorry I could not make it.
    CHEERS
    FRANK

• Hi Frank, and welcome to DukeWayne.com!

Check out my Duke media page located at http://www.jwayne.com/multimedia.shtml for many audio & video clips.

Here a direct link to the Barbara Walters interview from that page. Please note that I don't have the complete interview but what I have is what is offered in the clip.

Barbara Walters
    interviews w/John Wayne
    (this isn't the full interview)
    Download

• Kevin
    Thanks for the link . It was as good as I remembered it to be.
    Everyone on this site are so helpful and full of so much knowledge
    on the Duke! Glad I am here.
    CHEERS
    Frank

• Good to see the links including the interview with Barbara Walters. Love to have a copy of the whole interview.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I watched the clip... I sure would like to see the whole interview. Sounds like me when he says about not caring what people think when he speaks out. I spoke at an Appeals Board meeting last Wednesday night and made front page news the next day, above the fold. If any of you know what that term means.

• I'm talking front page... I've never seen ads on the front page above or below the fold, at least not in our newspaper. I'll just say, I got a lot of phone calls and email after that little bit. Darn reporter...

Speaking Barbara... did anyone see the story on Walter Cronkite the other nite? His 90th birthday. They even mentioned John Wayne.

• Good on ya Dakota! Give 'em hell. :wink_smile:

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Thanks for the download Kevin!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Unfortunatly I can't open this file.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Quite an interesting interview, I would like to see the whole thing sometime. John Wayne died five years before I was born but he is still on TV every week. It's a shame though, you could tell how ill he was that day.