Underrated Westerns

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,492 times. The latest Post () was by CHANCE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I would just like to pay tribute to two great westerns that many may not have seen and films which I think deserved more attention they are

1. Jubal starring Glenn Ford

2. A Man Alone starring Ray Milland

Check these two 1950's movies out you wont be disappointed.

If anyone ele knows of good westerns made in the 1930's-1960's that went unrecognised input the names here.

cheers
    Robbie

Regards
    Robbie

• Hello :rolleyes:

1. Valdez is Coming
    2. Professionals
    3. The Hallelujah Trail (very Funny)

All three are great movies along with Burt Lancaster :rolleyes:

Monique ;)

• Hi Robbie i wouldn't exactly call it a western but i thought it suprising good and that's
    ACROSS THE WIDE MISSOURI(CLARK GABLE)1951
    Worth watching :blink:

"COME SEE A FAT OLD MAN SOMETIME"

• Here's a good Western to see if TCM ever shows it again. Next to John Wayne westerns this is my favotite.

Ambush (1949)
    CAST: Robert Taylor, John Hodiak, Arlene Dahl, Don Taylor,

Searching for a white woman held by the Apaches.

• Harold,

Welcome to the board, we're glad to have you here. That sounds like a pretty good movie. I like Robert Taylor. He's a pretty good actor. Hope to see more of you. Have a great day.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Ride the high country is a great movie Chance, here is another good modern day western with Kirk Douglas "Lonely are the brave" a superb movie check it out.

B)

Regards
    Robbie

• Robbie i know this is not an old western or even a western per-say but it's a fine film the horsemanship in this film is outstanding a worth the watch just for this.
    Smokey should know this one it's an Australian film Man from Snowy River the sequel Return to Smowy River is just as good top marks for both of these.
    Kirk Douglas was in the first and Brian Denehy was in the second. :stunned:

• I watch the Western channel a lot. They show many good lesser name westerns. One that I like is Robber's Roost. It start George Montgomery and Richard Boone.

• chance,

yes both man from smowy river movies had fine horsemanship in them and that is how the riders of the high country ride, like most bushies they are great riders and if you can get copies of the movies grab them while you can as they are hard to come by. and as you say chance they are not really westerns as such just movies made from a bush ballard.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi i've just watch a pretty good western this morning COLORADO TERRITORY(1949)
    with JOEL MCREA directed by ROUL WALSH
    worth a watch
    :stunned: