Open Range

There are 51 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 15,459 times. The latest Post () was by B5Erik.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello :rolleyes:

Kevin Costner was on Larry King live promoting his new movie Open Range :huh: Looks like it might be very good :unsure: I sure hope so :unsure:

His movies tend to be alittle on the long side though :(
    As far as Wyatt Earp it was more accurate but I enjoyed Tombstone much more :unsure:
    What are your thoughts B)

Monique ;)

• Hi Monique i agree with you Costner's films do seem to be on the long side but still enjoyable i'm quite looking forward to seeing it over here if it ever gets over here i haven't seen a good western for a long time.He hasn't the the look of a cowboy but he was quite good in Silverado. :huh:

"COME SEE A FAT OLD MAN SOMETIME"

• I am glad that Hollywood will still turn out an ocasional western. I am looking foward to seeing this movie. As far as lenth, I don't understand the complaint. With the money we are asked to put out these days to go to the theater, the longer the movie the more value for the buck! If a movie is good, I find myself not noticing the lenth. Just my take on it. dukefan1

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Monique,

I believe that Open Range opens on the 15th. I'm sure to go see it. Looks like it should be a good western.

Brian
    Tulalip Wa

Originally posted by Kevin@Aug 11 2003, 07:41 PM
    Just say no to Costner! This boy can't act. :P But I'd love to see Hollywood bring back the western more frequently.

Kevin,

That's no way to talk about your namesake! Seriously, I'm not a Kevin Costner fan myself, but let's hope he makes a good western.

Chester

I know most of Costner's films go over the 120 minute time frame :unsure: If it's a good movie I don't mind that :P With "Dances with Wolves" I enjoyed Graham Greene not Costner :o So I hope Robert Duval has a great role :P

Monique ;)

Robbie hurry up to 300 :D :lol: :D :lol:

• I guess that I am amoung a rare group of Costner fans. I enjoy his body of work. Dances with Wolves, A Perfect Game, Bull Durham (2 favorites of mine, being a diehard baseball fan), The Postman and Wyatt Earp are all great movies that he made. I also loved Duval in Lonesome Dove, so I can't wait to see this film. I just hope it lives up to my expectations! dukefan1

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I'm no big Costner fan, but this movie is really good. I just returned from the movie, and really thought this is the best movie (in my opinion) this year. The landscape was absolutly fantastic. It had some Duke flair with the typical good guy/bad guy type with an outsider coming in the middle of a conflict, and helping a town out of crises.

Even Kevin did a good job in the movie. I would rank it out of 10 about "8". Duvall was really great and Benning was sexy for a western gal. This is a really good movie, and I hope you will go and see it. If you are a real John Wayne fan, you must see it. Not because it is a John Wayne type movie, but a western and not trying to be polically correct like Unforgiven. Sorry, but I saw that movie as that type.

Open Range is a very good western. Go see it, folks.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I certainly will check this movie out because it has got some good reviews here and because I have never before seen a western on the big screen. Interesting Hondo that you found the unforgiven very politically correct it may have been a little bit but it is also a very good movie in my opinion Clints second best after "Dirty harry".

B)

Regards
    Robbie

• Hondo,

Thanks for that input. I've been hearing the ads on the radio, and based on those, it sounds like a great movie, and it also got pretty decent reviews, but it helps to have someone I know say it was a good movie.

We don't see too many movies at the theater, but Open Range sounds like one worth shelling out the bucks for.

Chester

Off tomorrow so I will go see "Open Range" :agent: I will tell you what I think about it when I return :blink:

Monique :chickawow:

• Hi Monique did you manage to see the film and what was it like i saw clips on the TV but wasn't impressed.So what did you think? :(

"COME SEE A FAT OLD MAN SOMETIME"

• Hi Guys!

Dukefan1, just wanted to let you know that I am a Kevin Costner fan too, so you are not alone!

I was really excited to see a western coming out again!
    And I am glad to hear it is really good!
    I have been wanting to go see it, and know I can't wait to see it!
    Too bad they can't make westerns like John Wayne's westerns, I hope I am going to be plesantly surprised!

Stacy

• Hey everyone, You gotta go see this movie. I am planning to see it again this weekend (Labor Day weekend). I liked it that much, I haven't heard anyone talk 'bout it, so I hope someone will go and post when they come home. Even if you don't like it, tell us, I'm not always right (big surpirse), and would like other comments.

Costner is good in this movie, and I reccomend this for the Kevin Costner fan. I like him alright, but he's not my favorite. I have others (living), I like better.

Go And See Open Range, and comment here.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I don't usually see a movie at a theather twice, unless I really like it, and seeing Open Range today, I must say it's really worth the time to see it.

Robert Duvall was really great in the movie. I hope you will get out and support this movie as a great western. The movie scene is losing the western gerne due to no interest and I must say, this is one that will be a classic.

It's doing alright, but if you go and see it, and put out the word honestly about the movie, we might get more quality westerns over time. This is a good one.

This is one that Duke would like himself.

Cheers, Hondo B)

- John Wayne quote

• Hi!
    I just went and saw Open Range this weekend, and I loved it!
    It is not John Wayne, but I thought it was really good and can't wait for it to come out on DVD! Until then I will also have to go see again!

Stacy

• Wow!!

I was wondering if anyone else was going to see this movie! :huh:

Thanks stacy for commenting on this movie. I was hoping others would have seen it by now. If you get a chance, could you comment on this a little more without giving away the movie plot. ;)

It's better at the big screen. Is that what you think, Stacy?

Cheers, Hondo B)

- John Wayne quote

• We Went!

. . . tonight actually. The Mrs. and I took advantage of Family Night special prices of $4.50 per ticket, and our middle son (age 15) went with us as well.

The popcorn and large soda we shared cost as much as the movie tickets! :o

But you gotta have that popcorn at the movie theater. :rolleyes:

The movie was really very good, and the sophistication of filming techniques has advanced so much in 20 or 30 years that you can't hardly help but like it. The scenery is stunning, the color wonderful, good story line, good acting, good music . . . and enough shooting to satisfy the most jaded of cowboy fans. Excellent characterizations as well - Robert Duvall and Kevin Costner did a great job. I am NOT a Costner fan, but really enjoyed him in this flick (although I wanted to smack him upside the head near the end, as you'll understand if you see the movie). ;) The movie certainly makes you appreciate the right to keep and bear arms.

Mrs. Chester says she'll go back and see it again on the big screen when the opportunity presents itself (our 13 year old wants to see it, but we wanted to preview it first - it is pretty violent, but she can handle that). I could wait at least a week. BTW, the 15 year old isn't particularly a Western fan, but wanted to see it and said it was good.

Chester :cowboy: