There are 55 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 15,334 times. The latest Post () was by 26 bar ranch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Good pictures,thanks Chilibill
    Among these horses,my favorite is Appaloosa.
    In El Dorado,Duke rode the appaloosa horse named
    Zip Cochise. it was great that this appaloosa backed off acting.
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• At the turn of the last century my grandfather was working in a coal mine. Newly arrived from the Ukraine it was the first job he could get. After a while he was given a job driving a team of horses pulling coal carts which ran on tracks. At one point a cart from uphill got loose and an alarm was sounded. If left in the way the team would have suffered mortal injury from the runaway but there was no way to get them behind the cart they had been pulling. Up the track there was a small room connecting a fresh air shaft to that part of the mine. My grandfather unhitched the team and sent them forward at full speed and they were so well trained that at the right moment when given the command they turned sharply into the room. The cart shot past and the team was saved. I think you could bet that he was pretty fond of those horses.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Well if you want to hire one for your western movie
    Here's the place

Western Movie Horses

I really liked looking at that website, and it also made me think of posting the place where my granfather works here :)
    They do chariot & chuck wagons races as part of show(fair) entertainment, horse drawn carriages for wedding, as well as supplying horses for films all around Australia, in fact the new "Australia" movie has some of his horses in it ;)
    My grandfather is in a few of the pictures aswell ;) If you happen to check the site out, he's in a few of the pictures on the "Weddings" page, aswell as others.

Anyway, here's the page
    Don Ross Show Entertainment

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Galleries with all the photos have disappeared? Found an empty photo album instead, and started it with a few fresh horse pics from the Rockies, Colorado. Can't be called riding what we did, just sitting on horse-back, but beautiful scenery at least, and wild turkeys (exotic to me!). I'm on the dapple, with elks on the background.

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Hello All
    Last Saturday I was up the Fraser valley feeding a friends horses and it reminded me how magnificent an animal the horse truly is. When you consider what horses have contributed to the progression of mankind it allows for humble appreciation, at least that's how it makes me feel. I spend most of the year in a big city or at home in our village ( town of 18 thousand ). It's very nice to get back to less crowded places. Perhaps the opportunity to do some of that may be coming for me sooner then later.
    A man who I socialized with thirty years ago and who worked at the kids high school passed from cancer last Sunday morning. It's a part of life and natural but so is trying to live well. I guess we all have the chance to try and do that. I think that my priorities are going to shift a bit, towards spending time in the country.
    If you are close to a horse one of these days perhaps you could reflect on where we came from and if the hose seems to looking at you with understanding, well pilgrims that may just be whats happening. :wink_smile:

• Kilo 6,

I think the dog is the only animal that has more understanding of man than the horse.

I've lived around horses most of my life and they just have an instinct about them that allows them to read you.

I don't think there is anything more beautiful than a good horse.

Thanks for the post!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• I'm reading Winston Churchill's "My early life", and I just have to share a quote: "No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle. Young men have often been ruined through owning horses, or through backing horses, but never through riding them; unless of course they break their neck, which, taken at a gallop, is a very good death to die."

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Hello Vera. It's great seeing you back here again. I hope all is well. You got allot of catching up to do.

Welcome back,

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hello All Back in 1984 on my 2nd date with the gal who I have been fortunate enough to have shared 24 years with, we went on a group trail ride. There was a young wrangler at the tail of our group and she was having a problem with one of the riders. He wanted to gallop all the time, even where it was unsafe to do so.
    I waited for the wrangler to say something and eventually realized she was intimidated by this aggressive individual. I knew that my temper was rising and so before he kicked this horse repeatedly ( again as in for the 5th time ) I spoke up. If you kick that horse again I am going to kick you, once for every time you already have and I have been counting.

• KILO,
    Good For You !
    If we get anyone like that at the 26 Bar Ranch That Is It For Them, and The Old Cowboys that run the Trail Rides Here are Pritty Much Like "CURLY" in the Film "CITY SLICKERS" !!!
    :afraid:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• Hello All Back in 1984 on my 2nd date with the gal who I have been fortunate enough to have shared 24 years with, we went on a group trail ride. There was a young wrangler at the tail of our group and she was having a problem with one of the riders. He wanted to gallop all the time, even where it was unsafe to do so.
    I waited for the wrangler to say something and eventually realized she was intimidated by this aggressive individual. I knew that my temper was rising and so before he kicked this horse repeatedly ( again as in for the 5th time ) I spoke up. If you kick that horse again I am going to kick you, once for every time you already have and I have been counting.

Good on you, Murray. I hate to see children or animals abused needlessly.

De gustibus non est disputandum