Ringo Kid update of sorts.

There are 323 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 61,513 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi GT, it is ;-)) And i've aso been wanting to call you up, as well as Jay, Cindy Jim & Sue etc too ;-)) The big reason in not doing so lately, is because my Brother somehow broke his cellphone about 2 weeks ago? and has been living on mine0-but that changes this week because he's finally going to get one I think through NexteL?

Forgot to mention, on another deal I had going, I snagged another General Assault Badge, a small grouping of two award docs and their awards-which are fro the Frozen Meat Medal and the War Merit Cross w/ Swords 2nd class.

Also, I netted after many years of trying to find nice pairs of VERY hard to get-Panzergrenadier Officers Collartabs as well as Signals Officers Collartabs. The P.G. tabs are some of the hardest to come by-and I don't know why? since there were at least 97 Army P.G. Regiments during the war with what I conservatively estimate that had at least 60,000 Officers serving in them.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi ya all, I just wanted to say that I aint going to be around here for an uknown amount of time. Were moving house starting tomorrow wometime and I don't know when il be online next?

Im moving away from the hell hole known as Houston, and probably into another hell hole--Austin, but at least I should not be in Austin longer than 6 months and im hoping as little as 1 month or even less if I get this job im going to be trying for-which is in Corpus Christi.

The main readon for this letter is because I just don't know when ill have access or time, to reply to any PMs and topics here. Im getting SICK and tired of having to relocate.

If I don't have achance to get online before the events happen, I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas and HAppy Ne wYears.

Take care-_Carl.

• Good Luck Carl on your move. You know one thing that is for sure. The messageboard will always be here.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Carl - I hope that your move is a smooth one with few trepidations. I'll be placing prayers for you with the man upstairs that all goes well with you down the road. I'm glad you're getting out of the Houston area - a fair place to visit??!!, but I wouldn't want to live there!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I hope your move is a smooth and easy one, Carl. We'll keep the fire burning till you get back on here.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• good wishes for the season and best of luck with the job fingers crossed for you. take care my friend

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Thank you all for the kind words ;-)0 Im lucky tht the people werehaving Thanksgiving Dinner with, has internet. Im thinking we'll get it in about 2 weeks or so? nothing sure yet but, I did find out there is a library about a mile from the house-trouble is-is im wearing special boots on both feet from my recent surgery-and I can't walk even 3 blocks to catch a city bus :(

Hi Chester, I sure will try looking up the guy. This town is very Liberal and I need another to rub elbows with wo aint a lib ;-))

Thank you Keith, Todd, and im looking forward to being able to get here regularly again.

I wish I could say the move has gone smoothly so far but-i can't/ A good part of the trouble was due to rainfall both here and in Houston-while loading and unloading-then also thanks to my brothers poor planning. I've never not once, ever seen anyone so disorganized as my Brother is. It's enough to drive one completely nuts.

So far we have about 80% of the stuff moved, have had only minimal help with another brother helping load some stuff, then a next door neighbor who helped a bit the next day. Im not much of a help either as im supposed to keep off my feet thanks to the surgeries-but-I can't be off my feet and let my brother do it all.

At least whats left isnt impossible to load up by ourselves. The worst part IMO is yet to come-and that is-to clean up over 1 years worth of my brothers messes. The guy lives like a Pig in a sty. Never puts things away, and I can't say much else for fear of ruining Thanksgiving ;-)) Were going back there tomorrow morning to finish packing his stuff (I packed all mine early-and he procrastinated as always) so we have several large boxes to fill of his junk, All I can say is that I CANT wait till I finally get back to Corpus Christi.

Sorry im so neg in this reply but-its the sad truth-and only part of the story.

Hi Jay, I wish this move had been better planned. Its more like a Chinese Fire Drill ;-)) You can say that about Houston though, nice place to visit, but not to live in. Im glad to finally be out of that place and hopefully by no later than sometime Sunday, I might have liked Houston better had I had a way to get around to places of interest other than just to WalMart, HEBs, Krogers and a few places like that. The one positive thing I will give Houston is, that you can practically pick any restaurant to go eat at, and the food will not be less than excellent. However, there are a few exceptions to that rule-which I sadly found out Tuesday when we had lunch after my Foot Drs Dr appt-when my brother decided to stop and eat at some Vietnamese restaurant that had nothing I liked so I sauntered into a crappy Mexican Market/ Cafe type place-which was dirty, the bathroom was absolutely filthy, the food was horrible at best, the water was more bland than usual and to top it off, I saw the lady getting me a cup of water-take her bare hands and grab ice with them and place it in my glass. Had I not been in a rush and already having paid for my food-which i think was called a Gordito-or Gordo?? or something similar--i'd have walked out the door and not looked back. The meal I had was worse than eating cardboard. What little I could stomach had to be smothered in Catsup and with lots of salt and pepper sprinkled on it. Even then I could barely force down half the meal and wound up throwing it in the garbage can.

Hi Mark, Smokey, thank you both. Oh and, I didn't get that job but, im still going to move back to Corpus as soon as possible. Im going to put in my application for getting into a place with a 3-6 month (and usually double that) waiting list to get into this place. This place is called: Sea Gulf Villa Apartments-and is reserved for Disabled people (which I am) and for the Elderly-which is perfect for me as I get along greatly with the elderly. I also like the fact that if I move there-that I can catch a bus right out the front door of the building. Literally about a 15 foot walk ;-))

Hopefully the next couple of days will go quick and smooth. I am more than ready to burn any and all bridges-that are connected with Houston.

• Hi Carl,
    Glad to hear that you are semi mobile. I hope that the surgery went well this time. The Australian Badges that I will send to you, probably in the New Year are:-
    Royal Australian Artillery, Royal Australian Corps Military Police and The Royal Australian Regiment. I will also send you my badge of rank, a crown denoting Warrant Officer Class 2. Have a good Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.
    Bill

RACMP - For the troops With the troops

• Hi Redcap, thank you mate and the surgeries did go well, just the after pains are bothersome. im trying not to ask the Dr for another prescription for painkillers but, just two days agio I finally was allowed to start walking again and was torture.

Well, we have internet at home but for some reason my computer will not load it up-or whateveritdoes/ So im back to using Public library computers when possible for the time being ;-00

Thanks in advance for the goodies. they will make a great addition to the few UK items i have. All i have for now are some Royal navy Submarine Service pins.

• Yes Kilo I know what you mean, I spent eight hours today, moving boxes in and out of a moving van for a friend.

Chester

I will give you a call Chester when we get ready for our move since you have some practice!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I have two think twice about moving a distance because sometimes its hard to stop. A person could go on a semi global walkabout and years could pass.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Moving is a major choir when you do it yourself. The best way is to bring in a professional crew. They can do it. And maybe you can rest easier. I dread the day I move. I have too much junk!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• In case anyoine is wondering? I can't get here much because the internet at home just aint happening, the computer runs super slow-so im back to using library comps/ which give you ONLY 2 hrs a day in 1 he imvrements >:-((

Best regards-Carl.

• Sorry to hear about that Carl. Wish I could help you out. You seem to have a bad connection at home. Talk to you when we can.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote