Ringo Kid update of sorts.

There are 323 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 61,455 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks for the kind thoughts, guys. And I want you to know, Jay, that I'll say a little prayer for your wife's swift recovery.

I don't know about you but when my wife hurts, I hurt. She's the light of my life and I don't know what I'd do without her. She's had that aortic aneurysm for about two years but we couldn't get the local surgeon to do anything about it so we went out of town. She's had several health problems that arose just over the past two years but the aneurysm was by far the most serious as it is a life-threatening condition. Thank God we no longer have that to worry about.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• to jay and stumpy

to you and yours i wish you a safe and long time together and quick recoveries for your better haves. grab each day that you have and cherish them as you will wish you had later. the two wonderful women in your lives make you as one give my best wishes to them both and look after them otherwise i will come over there and whomp your backsides for you both dont forget i may be built for comfort not for speed but i have endurence :lol:

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Thanks very much for the encouraging words, Smokey. Believe me, I know she's my better half and I wil definitely take care of her.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Thank you Viper, Keith, Stumpy & Smokey for all the kind thoughts and wishes. Your words mean a lot since I feel I've developed some close friendships with so many on the JW Board. Stumpy, I agree - it hurts me a lot when my better half has pain (which is most of the time). She is not only the love of my life, but my best friend. Smokey, be assured I look over her the best way I can, not that I couldn't take a backside womping from you, but it wouldn't be necessary in this instance. Viper and Keith - your words provide me with that extra element of strength that can get me though the day.
    Thanks folks - Jay :)

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• jay & stumpy

glad to hear that you do your best keep up all the positive work for them and they will come good and all good things come to those who wait. keep smiling just glad we can help lighten your days and your better halves as well

cheers smokey

• Hi Jay, Stumpy. Sorry I had not been around yesterday but please tell your other-halves that I hope they both get to feeling better andd very soon. I hope both are well enough to be able to celebrate the Fourth of July and have a nice BBQ and a long swim in the pool. :-))

Best regards--Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thank you Smokey and Carl for the kind thoughts. We take things pretty much one day at a time and roll with the punches, so to speak. I am amazed at the many kindnesses shown by all on this board. I feel I have made many new friends here and it is most heartening!!
    Thanks - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay and quite welcome. I also fully agree with you about that I feel as if I have met a lot of friends here. Of all the websites I have been on or are currently on, this is easily THE friendliest of them all.

• Well, if you all do not hear from me for awhile, it's because of Hurricane Rita. I am unable to evacuate so I will be here riding out the storm - unfortunately. My roommate thinks i'm crazy for staying because I have a cat and her two kittens. All I can say to him is that "I aint leaving these cats & kittens alone to ride out the storm."

Anyway, if you do not hear from me, you know why.

Take care and hopefully "see" you all soon.

Best regards--Carl.

• Hi Carl -
    You'll be in all our prayers. Last word has the storm aiming for Matagorda Bay which will put it roughly halfway between you and Galveston. If it does, you'll be on the western side of the eye and so the winds will be blowing out to the Gulf and not coming in from the water (if that's any consolation). This will put Galveston in major harms way, since it will be east of the center and the winds will be blowing in from the Gulf and cause massive flooding.
    The local news has announced an evacuee center at McCreless Mall just off IH-37 which is only 5 blocks from my house. The place is almost empty since H-E-B, who purchased the property, has closed most of the place up in anticipation of building a superstore there.
    Hang on friend - Jay -_-

"Not hardly!!!"

• Thank you Jay, I greatly appreciate your thoughts and the info. I had wanted to go to San Antonio but still have not found anyway to leave. I have a Cousin there and a Brother in Austin.

Well, hopefully if the wind is coming in from the direction you listed above. I'll not have to worry about my windo being blown out but the back bedroom which is my roommates room, has double doors. At least it sounds as if it will not be too difficult to ride out the storm if we are on the western side. I do feel sorry for the folks in Galveston and elsewhere. I would not wish this storm on anyone.

God Bless, and hopefully i'll be able to get back here soon.

Carl.

PS, You all in San Antonio are not out of "harms way" as you could easily get tornadoes from the storm. That is what happened when we left Kingsville for San Antonio when Hurricane Allen hit back in the early 80's. We made it to my Uncles place on the N-NW side of S.A. and tornadoes ripped through his neighborhood. My Uncles place had no damage cept for a downed tree and some debris.

We stayed in S.A. for a day or two and then went to see my Aunt in Yukon, Oklahoma. At her place they ever saw alot of rain and wind from H-cane Allen. When we got back to Kingsville some days later, luckily the only damage we had was two uprooted trees and I think only 2-3 shingles were blown off the roof. Right across the street was a Park and they lost several trees and across the other street is a Lutheran Church which lost its Spire. There was only 1 death reported in kingsville due to something to do with the storm and that was a Linesman who got electrocuted when he bent down to touch a power line that was submerged in a large puddle of water. This man had thought that the power had been shut off and found out the hard way that it had not been. Because of this, he blew out a transformer which knocked out power to all the houses in a 2 block radius. We had no electricity for two weeks because it two weeks for them to get another transformer in and install it.

• Ringo, do everything you can to protect yourself. Take care and I will be thinking about you.

See you soon.

SXViper (Todd)

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• hi ringo

will be thinking of you. did mention in another thread how to transport mum and kids but i suspect that you will not get this on so all i can say is rip the matress off your bed move you skinny butt along with mum and kids into the bathroom jump into the tub put the matress over the top of you all and ride it out. take along a tourch, battery operated radio, food and water for all 4 of you and spare batteries.

keep safe mate look after yourself and your little ones

hope to hear from you soon saying that you all got through this safe and sound

till later

hooroo smokey

• My best friend's wife is from Houston. I wish you all G-d's protection.

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

• Jay and Ringo,

Hold on tight and we will praying for you. Let us know as soon as you can how you (and momma and kittens) come out of this.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• Ringo,

We've been so busy lately, we don't get much time on the board. I realize you probably won't get to read this until after the fact, but know we have been thinking of you (and all our Texas friends) every time we listen to the news and weather on the radio (and Hurricane Rita has been at the top of both for days, so we've thought of you often!).

We will be praying for your safety!!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Ringo and Jay

I've been watching Fox News.
    Things are looking pretty rough
    for you guys, Hang in there.

I'll be praying for you,your families
    and your neighbours.

Best wishes

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Actually I think Ringo probably is doing alright. The storm turned more north. Atleast that's what I am seeing from all the coverage.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne