A lesson in Resiliency

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,795 times. The latest Post () was by ShortGrub.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• What often impresses me in cases like this is that the doctors usually have 'dire' predictions for the child's life, and the parents won't hear it! Children who "will never walk" or many other things, do those things and more. That really speaks to the importance of the parents and their support!

Thanks, Kevin, for sharing that.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• What often impresses me in cases like this is that the doctors usually have 'dire' predictions for the child's life, and the parents won't hear it! Children who "will never walk" or many other things, do those things and more. That really speaks to the importance of the parents and their support!

Thanks, Kevin, for sharing that.

Mrs. C :angel1:

We watch the TLC show called Little People, Big World, which follows a Dwarf parents and family. It's another example of people that simply don't give up and battle and achieve what was not 'suppose to be'. Makes me re-think whenever I feel the need to grip about things. Things are taken for granted by us 'normal' folk, (whatever normal is).

• I have a 2 yr old grandson who has cerebral palsy and nothing stops him from doing anything. Granted, his case is not as serious as some but, it affects his walking and running some. He has physical therapy, wears braces, gets periodic botox shots into his legs to loosen up the muscles and ligaments some so that they stretch out and he can stand flat on his feet. But he can do anything and is always ready to wrestle with someone and what he lacks in his legs he more than makes up with his brain. Not trying to sound like a bragging grandad but, the boy is really smart and catches on fast. He goes to school for special needs kids. Before he was even a year old, he figured out how to turn on my DVD player and open the tray. Before to long, all I'll have to do is tell him to load up a movie for us and he'll do it without missing a beat.

• Brag away, WaynamoJim. He sounds like a mighty special grandchild. If he thinks he can do anything, than who are we to tell him different.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• A very inspiring story. It makes one want to appreciate and grasp the beauty in each day.

I won't be wronged-I won"t be insulted-I won't be laid a hand on. :cowboy:

• Hello All nice story Waynamo. My mother had polio as a child and her parents were told that she would not be able to walk. Her mother massaged her legs many times a day for years and eventually she got out of that bed. It does not always go that way but love helps any situation and your grandson sounds like he has that happening. take care murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Great post Kevin. Mark I agree, encouragement can make such a difference in a person's life.

Watching the videos on Gregory, what struck me was the effect he had on those around him. I respect grown men who do not fear to cry, and those who did in those videos did because they became part of Gregory's life.