Speaking of food, what's your favorite Burger joint?

There are 55 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 13,475 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• For those here who love Hamburgers-I was just curios to see what Fast-food and mom-n-pop eateries you have available in your areas as well as which one was your favorite to get burgers and fries from.

Available here include:

Whataburger
    McDonalds
    Burger King
    Sonic
    Checkers
    Jack-n-the-Box
    Stars
    Fast Eddies.
    Dairy Queen
    Dairy King (no relation)

My favorite fast food burger joint is Burger King-I love their Bacon Cheeseburgers. I can't have burgers yet for at least 3 more months but I am going to celebrate my 1 yr absense from being able to eat them by getting one from Burger King.

My all-time most favorite "sit-down" place to get them at is from Wal-Bangers in Corpus Christi.

I am interested in hearing from others on this-please.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited 3 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Hi Bill, I have never tied chili on a cheesburger but-that sounds like its real good. I think I will try it the day I can finally eat a burger. Thanks for the tip--best regards-Carl

• Here in my part of the Detroit area, we have:

Burger King
    McDonalds
    Wendys
    Checkers
    Sonic( they just came into Michigan last year)
    Dairy Queen
    Dalys
    Haven't had a Dairy Queen burger in years. Thought they were always pretty good. I mostly have either McD's or Wendys when it comes to fast food burgers. Used to love Burger King Whoppers but, compared to the rest, they are so full of fat I don't eat them very often. I love Wendys Baconator. Two patties, cheese, two layers of bacon and the usual burger fixins. I'd love to try Sonic but, haven't made it there yet. Also like Checkers burgers, especially the Big Buford. We use to have Hardees in the Detroit area but, someone bought them out and changed them into either Wendys or Tim Hortons. I'd like to see Hardees return or Carls Jr.'s which is the same thing come here. Also heard that In n' Out burgers were very good.
    Ringo, if you don't mind me asking, why can't you have burgers yet? Something health wise or what. Myself, I'm supposed to limit myself on my beef intake. I lost a kidney to cancer 9 yrs ago, and was told to ease off the beef because of the protein and that a single kidney might have trouble processing protein through and too much of it could lead to problems. Anymore, I go for weeks without eating a beef burger but, will eat turkey burgers alot and they're pretty good.

• We have:

Sonic
    Carl's Jr.
    Burger King
    In and Out
    McD's
    Red Robin (not really fast food, but it is a burger joint)
    Jack in the Box
    Wendy's
    Saint John's (not really fast food, but it is a burger joint)

For pure fast food, I have to go with Sonic... The best burger I have had was up in Redding, Ca. at Giff's they have a sign that says "Home of the ugly burger" and ugly it was but man that thing tasted great... The best burger around here is at Saint John's in Sunnyvale, if your ever in the area that's where you need to go...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• you americans sure love burgers dont you? blimey i didn't know there were so many burger shops over there.
    if you like them get stuck into them,thats what i say

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Lucky Ned,
    Here in the U.S. it looks like there is a Fast Food Burger Store on Every Corner !
    :omg2:
    Even here in the Verde Valley in Northern Arizona with just small towns we have Three Burger Joints in the small town of Cottonwood with just a few People and they are All Doing Well !!!
    (bump)
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• We Americans do love our burgers. We have the fast food joints in the south like you do in the U.S. but we also have Hardee's that cooks them as we order them. A concept that they adopted a few years ago when they also make them with Angus Beef. They are really good and make different kinds like Cheese, Douple Meat, Triple Meat, Mushroom and Swiss, Chili Cheese, Bacon, Western Burger, Jalapeno, and you can name, they more than likely have it.

And it was mentioned earlier, but Red Robin is really great too.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• Here's an example of how much we like our fast food...

The city I live in (Morgan Hill, Ca. ) has a population of about 40k we have:
    3 McDonald's
    2 Burger Kings
    2 Taco Bell's
    2 Jack in the Box's
    9 Starbucks and 1 Pete's (I know not really fast food.. but dang 10 coffee joints)

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Dairy Queen
    McDonald's
    Whataburger
    Sonic
    Burger King

I like McDonald's McDoubles for $1.00 and I have a fondness for Dairy Queen's Dude Sandwich (Chicken Fried Steak on a bun).

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi WayneamoJ/ I've heard of In and Outs only recently. I don't think they are in my area. Also, i've never been to a Hardees-but heard they were good. Havn't had a Baconator---yet.

As for me not being able to eat burgers yet-its due to that operation I had back in August last year in San Antonio. I was told im not supposed to eat any beef for at least a year after the operation. I think that Doctor knew that that wasn't going to work for me. In particular-im not supposed to have Steak because of its toughness to digest. However, I have had a few bites of steak and had no problems digesting it. Last one I had at a restaurant was on Mothers Day when we celebrated both that and my Birthday. I was able to eat about 2-3 ounces of a 6 oz I ordered.

Other than the digestion thing-I don't know why im ot allowed to have Steak. Same goes for any beverage that has fizz in it. Also, im not supposed to drink from a straw-because doing so will put air into my tummy. By accident recently-I wasn't thinking and I drank a sip through a straw-then realized I did so and then took the straw out of the glass.

The last burger I ate was one of those $1 dollar McDonalds cheseburgers. I was starving when I went shopping a fewmonths ago-and was felling a bit sick because I had not eatcn all day-and it was about 11PM-so I figured I would "test the waters" a bit and see if I could eat part of a small cheesebuger. Well, as people often "forget" when they are starving and wating-I forgot totake small bites and chew thoroughly-and I became very sick and was in lots of pain-for about 2 or so hours afterwards.

That is supposed to be a normal reactin for people who had the same surgery I did. I remember the first time it happened-I was ont of the hospital I guess about two weeks, and I tied a dollar coin size piece of turkey-and swallowed too big of a chunk-probably about the size of a quarter-and I had the heaves and such-that time I had it for about 45 minutes. I noticed over the months that I can tell when I am bef=ginning to feel like getting those heaves-and its easier for me to catch myself in time so that it does not happen.

I still stay away from most of what im not supposed to have-but I have had bites of a few things im not really supposed to have-like crackers-other breads-doritos chips etc.

WhenI hit my one year anniversary of the surgery date-I am going to go get a Bacon Cheeseburg er from the nearby Burger King. I will only be able to eat maybe 1/3 of the burger and some of the fries.

I somewhat miss drinking Sodapops like Dr Pepper, Mr. Pibb and Rootbeer. I have not gone against the Dr on that so far and fgure I can survive till August 17th this year-before I drink me a can of some sodapop.

• Jay-your making me hungry ;-)) I haven't had a chickenfried steak burger in years. That's another one on my list of things to start eating soon ;-))

• not too many here unfortunately
    mcdonalds
    burger king
    wimpy (oh yes...when you find a wimpy, its like hitting the jackpot)
    and a subways but that doesn t really count

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• I never go to any of those chain hamburger joints. In almost any locality where I've ever lived, there's almost always one of those homegrown places that turns out a great hamburger (and the trimmings). In my part of Texas, it's called Pat's. They're an institution and have been in the same family since the mid-Forties.

Click on the right-hand column, fifth row down. Old Butch is a real hamburger connoisseur. :teeth_smile:

P.S.
    He's the local historian in the area where I grew up.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Edited once, last by chester7777 ().

• I really like In-N-Out burgers, although their fries are so-so.

More of a restaurant than a 'burger joint' is Black Bear diners, spread out through California and other western states. Everything, including their burgers, is VERY good. Their blackberry milkshakes are to die for :thumbs_up:.

Of course, locally, we have the usual selection of chains -
    MacDonalds
    Burger King
    Wendy's
    Jack-in-the-Box
    Carl's Jr.
    Dairy Queen

While in Grants Pass, OR recently, I tried my first Sonic burger.

Speaking of coffee joints, in a nearby town (Scotts Valley), there are three Starbucks within a mile of each other (two within a couple of blocks!), and in that same radius there are also Peets, Sand City Coffee, Coffee Cat, and a couple of others small independent coffee shops. If we go to one at all, it's usually Coffee Cat.

Fast food joints (aside from the ones above) include Taco Bell and numerous independent taquerias. Then of course there are the pizza joints (both dine-in and take-and-bake - Papa Murphy's is our favorite)! And Chinese, of course, but all locally, independently owned (no Panda Express around here!).

Chester :newyear:

• If im not mistaken-we have some Nathans Coney Islands here and I think they serve Hamburgers too? However, i've never even had a hotdog from them yet. Are they over-rated or are they good?

• How could I forget, we have a Stake-n-Shake. Now they make killer burgers!

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Our small town has a Subway and a Dairy Queen. I guess if I had to pick a favorite, and we really don't eat at them that often, I would say I like a BK Whopper. Buit it is so rare that I don't really get a chance to compare them too much.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The small town I live in has a BK, MacDonalds, Sonic, and a Arbys.

I will always miss a small place where I grew up called Eds. He and his wife ran it. He was blind, and yet knew the difference between all the paper money. The burgers, fries, and dogs were the best.

Can't eat dogs, pepperoni, or liverwürst anymore.:no: Migraines are no fun.

Now pizza. Yum.

• The Burgers were pretty good at places like Bennegans, Dennys, I Hop, Montana Mikes, and at a small-town local "oint" only found in Kingsville, Tx-called: Youngs Pizza. This place also has dozens of sandwiches called: Texi-calis-which melt in your mouth and taste out-of-this-world-as does their Chili and baked Patooties-which are baked potatoes with many different fixings you can and cannot imagine-that go perfectly as part of the potato dish. The ONLY thing I had at Youngs Pizza that was unsatisfactory-was ironically-their Pizza.

Oh and their French Fries are cut fresh as you order them and are cut think.