500+ Post Club

There are 950 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 243,941 times. The latest Post () was by ringo kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, being that a final decision hasn't been made (at least not to my knowledge) regarding new member ranking designations and levels, and we want to post in several other threads, we will post our 500th post, here and now!

The designation can be decided later, but for now, when you hit #500 (Hondo and Robbie, . . . you're next, you know :) ) we hope you'll post here.

This is an AWESOME message board. We've had some great moments here (and yes, we DO have a life beyond the JW message board!). For the most part, this is an incredibly friendly place, full of knowledgeable folks. We've been to other message boards, and come hurrying back here every time (last night, we checked out the IMDb JW message board - before rating The Searchers a 10 :rolleyes: - and ended up e-mailing some of the obvious true JW fans there, and inviting them personally to this board. There were truly some jerks there also (we didn't e-mail them :unsure: ).

As Robbie mentioned in his 400th post, the last 100 posts have brought sadness as well as smiles. The passing of Brianb shows us that life here is but a fleeting vapor, and we need to cherish the time we have and live life to the fullest. Kevin's many new innovations here have made this board even better, if such a thing was possible!

The reason this is such a special place is because of all of you, old and new. We appreciate the different perspectives offered here, from young and old, from all around the world. It is truly a team effort here. Without Kevin having set up this board, we'd be . . . who knows where . . . . Without each other to share ideas with, we'd be . . . at maybe 50 posts . . . .

For those of you just starting out, just try to keep a positive attitude, be friendly, and keep on postin' . . . it goes faster than you think.

So . . . looking forward to having company here SOON, and more fun during the next 500 posts, the Lord willin' and the creek don't rise (we actually do have a creek in our back yard, but it's not the rainy season yet).

Hondo and Robbie, see ya soon . . . ;) .

Chester :cowboy: and the Mrs. :rolleyes:

• Congradulations Mr. & Mrs. Chester. You've been a joy to be around, and I'm so glad to call you friend, prigrim! ;)

A lot has happen, but you kept this board stable and entertaining as well as educational. Thank you for your mission to this board, and challenges to keep John Wayne alive.

Kevin is great to have this up and running, and what awesome changes he made to keep us coming with added features. Thanks, Kevin.

Keep on postin' I'll be there very soon.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Holly peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Batman! 500 posts? Awsome job Mr. and Mrs. Chester. Ya make the board a better place. Monique better get back soon or you will put her out of reach! lol. Great job, you two! dukefan1

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• hi chester and mrs c,

wow 500 knew you would make it now all we have to do is race to catch you up we could also go with my idea and nobble you :lol: :lol: only joking keep them coming as we do get a jolly good laugh from some of your posts see you at 600

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• 500 POSTS

This is an honor to be in such a great group of people in this whole world. I am fortunate to know each and every one of you. Posting has been easy, you supplied the info and I responded. When I joined this board back in 14 January, little did I know that I would know so many around the world, and call you friend because of a common interest, John Wayne.

It took me 115 days to post my first 100 posts. I was in such great company, and saw a growth from my first post at #37 on 14 January to #763.

It took me 48 days to post my #200. With that I was post #1,670.

It took me 40 days to post my #300. I was post #3,040.

It took me 17 days to post my #400. I was post #4,016.

And it took me 23 days to post #500. Post #4,552

We've had great discussions on this board and I have been educated from so many, and also many cultures. Thank you all for your support and friendship. I have come to trust you and so happy to be here at this what I consider the best darn (PG site) web site for the John Wayne discussion group on earth.

Thanks go to Chester (and the Mrs.), for support and friendship. To many who have spent time with me on the chat line for many hours: smokey, chance, baron, robbie, wayne duke, dukefan1, kevin, chester, and others.

Extra thanks go to Kevin for taking on this big task and constantly making improvements for us to enjoy more.

Let's keep up with the great posts, and keep supporting John Wayne who made this really possbile for just being himself, and leaving us with a great legacy.

See you guys here at the 500 post club.

Sincere Cheers, Hondo Duke Lane B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• WOW. That is something amazing. 500 posts, with still alot more to add to this board. Congrats, Hondo. Your words of sentiment about this board ring so true. What a great bunch of people. Keep 'em coming! Dukefan1

• wow hondo you are now one of the 500 club just 53 short of chester and the mrs. your info is great and we learn a lot from all of the different posts. lovely thoughts and love the chats :wub: we are family spread all over the world. keep the posts coming.

cheers smokey :angel1:

• It is truly amazing how life ebbs and flows. We jammed easily from post 400 to 500, yet it took us over 3 months to get here to #600. Well, work has picked up for me a little, and the Mrs. has been real busy educating our 4 youngest children still at home, all school age now, plus taking care of our almost 2 year old grandson. We just don't get as much time to hang out here :( as we would like.

We'd like to wish ALL of you a

HAPPY NEW YEAR

We're looking forward to our online get-together on the 20th!

Happy posting to all and to all a good day!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• :gora::gora::gora::gora:
    <span style=\'color:purple\'>Chester

You are the best! It did take a while, and I've seen you
    grow over the last 11 months. You're the greatest.
    Looking forward to getting there very soon myself.
    Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Hondo B)

:gora::gora::gora::gora:

- John Wayne quote

• congrats

so now you have reached another milestone keep them coming we don't mind how long as long as we see you around.

from my family to yours

have a <span style=\'color:blue\'>merry</span><span style=\'font-family:Courier\'> christmas and a happy new year

:newyear::angel1::newyear::cowboy::angel1:

cheers smokey ;)

• AWSOME! Way to go, Chester and the Mrs. The board may slow down from time to time, but may there never be a time when there is nothing left to say. As Duke would say, "That'll be the day." Keep um' coming, you two. Always a pleasure reading your posts. Dukefan1

• Well here I am at last, I wondered if I was ever going to see five hundred posts, although it may be next Christmas when I reach 600.

Although the messageboard has quietened down as of late, it has started to pick up again with Chester and Hondo back. Chances Christmas part seems like a great idea and it will hopefully get loads of people online to have a good old knees up.

Does anyone know anything about Baron he hasnt been on for a while and I miss the picture game.

I think the key member of the board over the last one hundred posts was Itdo as he kept topics going and always had some input to give, so nice one Itdo.

I would like to encourage people to continue voting for the Searchers and get it back into the top 100, we could sign up with different user names and give moives above the Searchers a rating of one. ;)

Unfortunely there have been no real new members since my 400th post when we had Jen but hopefully with the new year we can get a few good new members on board.

cyas all at 600 and Itdo your the next for 500 with Smokey close to three hundred so get posting you two.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Well done, congratulations, so saddle up for the next 100 posts everyone!
    :lol:
    I enjoy every new post and even though I don't feel I have to give in my 2 cents on every new topic (sometimes I only get that feeling AFTER I posted, sorry!) it's one of my favorite times a day to visit here. And best of all: I helps me feel less lonesome to know there are other addicts out there!

• <span style=\'color:red\'>Congradulations Robbie!!!

#500</span>

I am so glad to see you reach the 500 post club. It was kinda lonely with just me and Chester. :lol:

A lot has happen and We've seen a lot here on this board. I hope that it won't take you that long to get to 600. :D

And you are right that there have been many that have contribute to this board. It has been easy to respond to the great ones here like, itdo, chance, smokey, etc. :)

Keep up the good work and see you at 600 soon. Maybe I'll get there soon enough myself. :blink:

See you soon, friend. :newyear: :angel1:

Cheers, Hondo B)

:gora::gora:

- John Wayne quote

• Robbie,

What more can I say? Everybody's already beaten me to the punch.

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching the big five-oh-oh! You are one of the mainstays of this board, and certainly help to keep things going. I know how I felt when I reached 500, and it felt like quite an accomplishment.

I echo itdo's sentiments when he says that "it's one of my favorite times a day to visit here." And also when he indicates he's glad to know there are other addicts out there :uhuh: . . . .

Welcome to the club, Robbie!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• :angel1:<span style='font-family:Times'><span style=\'color:purple\'>Cheer's Hondo B)

- John Wayne quote