Charles Bronson

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,105 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just wanted to post that another fine man and actor who helped keep the western gerne active has died today at the age of 81 years. Charles Bronson was an unique person on screen, and had a way of getting his characters on screen. Best known for the Death Wish series, but one I liked him in was Magnificent 7.

Story below is from CNN

(CNN) -- Actor Charles Bronson, perhaps best known for his "Death Wish" films, has died in Los Angeles, California, following a four-week bout with pneumonia, his publicist said. He was 81.

Born Charles Buchinsky in Ehrenfeld, Pennsylvania, in 1921, he broke into movies following Army service in World War II. As a youth he worked as a coal miner.

Among his other notable films are "The Magnificent Seven," "The Great Escape" and the "Dirty Dozen." He won a Golden Globe for his role in "Rider on the Rain."

"Acting is the easiest thing I've done. I guess that's why I'm stuck with it," he once said.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Here is some more info on Bronson that might interest you.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rugged tough-guy actor Charles Bronson, a veteran of over 60 films, including the 1974 movie "Death Wish" has died at the age of 81, CNN reported on Sunday.

CNN said he died in Los Angeles after a bout with pneumonia.

Bronson, who was famous for his roles as a quiet, tough-talking hero in often violent films, was in 1972 named the biggest box office star by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and received the Gold Star Award as the film industry's top international star in 1979.

His craggy looks, menacing presence and understated acting style helped earn him applause in such films as "The Magnificent Seven" (1960), "The Great Escape" (1963) and "The Dirty Dozen" (1967).

His reputation was confirmed in such later movies as "Mr. Majestyk" (1974) as well as "Death Wish" and its sequels in 1981 and 1986.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Truely sad news to hear. I had no idea he was 81. Time flies. I never really gave him much thought lately, but when I read this...shocked! Remembering his films, he was a very tallented actor. I bow my head in sorrow. dukefan1

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I was shocked to here about Charles Bronson fine actor always liked him pity he did'nt get a chance to show us how good he was. :(

"COME SEE A FAT OLD MAN SOMETIME"

• :(

i ask you what is it with god does he want all the best actors up there...... you bet he does. who else is he going to talk to about all the great movies they made but with them and you can bet our friend big brianb is there having a good old chinwag with the.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello All
    When we watch Mag 7 there are two things we want to change in the script.
    We want "RED" and "ROBERTO" to survive the last gunfight. I liked Mr Bronson in many of his movies. Rest In Peace Job Well Done. Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th

• I just read some trivia about Charles Bronson on the IMDB, it claims he was very active in collecting money for the John Wayne cancer institute, does anyone know how true this claim is?

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• I just read some trivia about Charles Bronson on the IMDB, it claims he was very active in collecting money for the John Wayne cancer institute, does anyone know how true this claim is?

:agent:

Though I have no way of knowing for sure, Rob, I don't doubt it.

Bronson was devoted to his second wife Jill Ireland (they played in several movies together) and she died (I think sometime during the late Nineties) of cancer so I'm sure he was interested in seeing a cure found for the disease.

De gustibus non est disputandum