Music that moves you and if u care to share - why it does

There are 22 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,043 times. The latest Post () was by Monte Walsh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello All Music is a part of many of our lives if not all. How about mentioning some and if you can Title Artist (s) the memories it evokes, when it became important to you etc.

My mother's mother liked me to sing Moon River now & then and my fathers mother liked The Old Rugged Cross. I can not hear those tunes without smiling and remembering those fine Grandmothers.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Sarah has toured with her female vocalists - Lilith Fairs for many years and I went to one of the first here in Vancouver. They are powerful music events and I am thinking of attending this years fair.

• I would have to say the one song that evokes the most emotion from me lately is Jesus take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood. There are a lot of "things" going on in my life and at times I just want to give up and walk away from it all. When I'm in my Jeep and this song comes on I simply loose it and the water works flow. But, at the same time, the song also gives me hope that there is a better way and the path will be found. :rose:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• the song that moves me is one sang by redgum called 'i was only 19' this band is an aussie one so you may not have heard the song but it is about vietnam

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Wow . . . there is so MUCH music that moves me.

The music from The Alamo and The Sons of Katie Elder is very evocative for me.

Almost anything by Celtic Woman does it for me as well.

The song "Beach Baby" by a group called First Class sends me immediately back to my first year of college.

The first time I heard In Christ Alone by the Newsboys, I cried . . . and have many times since.

I could go on and on - music is very much part of my life.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• What Texan cannot fail to be moved by this theme from "Giant"? One of my all-time favorite movies.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I could probably think of a great many songs I've heard over the years that move me but, the one that does the most is, It Was A Very Good Year by Frank Sinatra. Everytime I hear it, it brings back memories of times gone by. It starts out with, "when I was 17...", I was 18 at the time and now, 45 yrs later, I am in the "autumn of my years".

• Wandering Star by Lee Marvin - I remember it being no 1 and our family loved it. Now when I hear it, I love it but it always makes me want to cry at the same time. There is something poignant and lonely and sad and beautiful about it all at the same time.

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• in a country church yard by chris De burgh,a great song and a sad song that moves you.i was about 12 when i heard the and i have never forgot it.on my wedding video it's the first song i have on it.it move's me so deeply.

• Okay, well, since yesterday was my birthday...I found out something totally cool. The song by Earth Wind and Fire called Dancing in September starts the first line with "Do you remember the 21st night of September"!! So, yes, this song moves me because I now have a theme song for my birthday forever more. YEAH!!! (I know, I'm silly)

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• When I was young I fell for the musical Paint your wagon in a big way. There are sad songs wistful songs happy songs and silly fun ones. During the last years that I lived at home with my parents I would sing Wandering Star if i was headed away for months. Logging camp oil rigs or whatever. I always sang that song as I was packing and leaving and most times mom would slide a tear down as her boy headed off. We never know what comes next in life and it occurs to me that i would and should take this opportunity to thank the members here, located as you are, all over this planet, for good company. We may not ever meet in this life, some of us, but there will be one hell of a shin dig in the next. keep your powder dry.

• Hi

Great sentiments Murray I always like They Call the Wind Maria from that film although Wandering Star is great and was top of our hit parade for months when it came out.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I think the one specific song that moves me the most is Percy Faith's "A Summer Place" as that was the very first song to which my wife and I ever danced.

However, since my wife passed away just about a year ago, I get very emotional when listening to almost any kind of music (usually R&R or R&B) that contains a lyric that goes something like "Bring my baby back to me" or something similar. I usually just start boo-hooing.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hello All Arthur I once was half owner of a wee sailboat ( that became a mortgage reduction payment ), and I named it Maria - Joe or Wind Water. How about when no name city sinks that was a funny scene. Jim I can not say from experience that I understand the challenge involved in being the surviving spouse. I will say this that if you want to shoot the bull with a Canadian and if it does not cost me $5.50 extra to enter the good old U S of A, I will come to the nearest airport and stay at a motel nearest your ranch. Even if it's for one night. You were always there for me and that is not forgotten. I have air miles enough I think. Some might wonder if this public statement is wrong. Why didn't I go with an E-mail or pm, and to that I answer, my truth if it exists will bear the scrutiny of god and that's good enough for me. There are many places I could go and things I could see, yet at this stage of my life what matters most is feeling like what I do has meaning. I appreciate good company as much as anyone, and can you imagine the political chat we could have. I am on a cleanse like situation but I can empty one beer bottle with as much of a smile as any who finish more. I sing and listen and laugh and for sure I know what a tear feels like as gravity pulls it down. could be you might not read this and so be it, let the fates decide. Could be you might worry I would steal the silver. I have only met a handful of members and you might get mixed reviews from them. When I went to Winterset and stayed in the campground with my cousin our tent was the only one among many motor homes. I bought a table of tickets to a dinner and gave two away to locals for lack of members wanting one. So what, I did not go to impress or hide my ways, I am a West Coast man. I have been known to do some crazy things but found out what was behind some of that and adjusted my life to suit. So what do you say Jim do you want a visit from a fat old man ? Well the sun is rising over the top of the house across the street and I don't want to be burning daylight. my song for this day is the theme song Paint your Wagon which reflects all of our lives to some degree. Much as we may feel we have a plan there are many turns on the journey of life. Where am I going I don't know. How will I get there I ain't certain. All that I can say - I'm on my way. Got a dream members got a song. Paint your wagon and come along!!!