How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 924,880 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, praise the Lord - I'm beginning to hope against hope that the unbearably hot weather we've had all summer is behind us. For the past several days, we've had maximum temperatures of around 90 degrees Fahrenheit daytime and nighttime temperatures down in the sixties. Wonderful.

Read on the 'net the other day that the Old Farmer's Almanac is predicting a harsh winter. I'll believe it when I see it. Here in Texas we haven't had a really harsh winter in a long, long time.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• As I said before I wish it was cold and wet. Not just cold.

Although I actually stopped to look at the paddocks today and they're really nice and green.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• We had a brief rain shower this morning as I was comiong into the Museum. We are also supposed to have rains picking up and on-going for: Friday, (heavier on both Saturday and Sunday) and then moderate rains on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. :D:D:D

Sorry Jay, I WISH you all were getting your fair share of theis much needed rain. Our fingers are crossed for good luck for you all.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hot-n-EXTREMELY humid today-few clouds but decent breeze. Now sometime on Sunday afternoon or evening, were SUPPOSED to get a downpour.

• We got some rain the other day - about an inch - and are in line for more showers Monday and Tuesday. Temps to stay in the 90s until a front comes through Tuesday to cool things off in the 80s for a high.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• :D:D We got in the same cool front that passed Jay in San Antonio up--just this morning. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it sure is refreshing. :):)

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Sep 20 2006, 01:47 PM
    Yeah Carl - that sure felt nice with the cool morning air. These kind of mornings ought to be showing up more often now.

[snapback]34655[/snapback]

Hi Jay, and it still felt great this morning. Definately looking forward to the shift of winds from the north. This is near my favorite time of the year.

• Well, here in Alabama, you'd think it was winter (compared to the summer we had), we actually were under 80F with sunshine and going to get to around 50F and maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 49F. WOW!

Oh, we are about to get some rain for the weekend which is different. We usually get the rain for about half a day and then clears up and gets muggy. Not this time. We are getting it starting on Friday and going through Sunday.

This is to welcome the Autumn on Saturday.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• ditto what Hondo posted.

Since we're only 80 or so miles away from each other we share the same weather :agent:

Originally posted by chester7777@Sep 20 2006, 04:58 PM
    From the way the weather folks have been talking, I was wondering if you guys down in Texas were going to be covered in snow :ph34r:
    Chester :newyear:

[snapback]34671[/snapback]

That'll be the day, Pilgrim :lol: :lol: !!

"Not hardly!!!"

• We finally got some rain here over the last five days :jump: ! It cooled off yesterday and this morning - highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s - but is warming up into the 80s before another front moves in Saturday night or Sunday morning with more rain possible :) .

"Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Oct 20 2006, 03:25 PM
    We finally got some rain here over the last five days :jump: ! It cooled off yesterday and this morning - highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s - but is warming up into the 80s before another front moves in Saturday night or Sunday morning with more rain possible :) .

[snapback]36179[/snapback]

Hi Jay, glad you all finally got some relief. We here in CCland are sharing the great weather you all are finally having. :) I LOVE this time of the year and it is my favorite time of the year as well. :D:D

• Can someone please send me some rain!!! :P

It's only the middle of spring and its already hitting 40C!!!!!!

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally posted by Bek@Oct 21 2006, 03:07 AM
    Can someone please send me some rain!!! :P

It's only the middle of spring and its already hitting 40C!!!!!!

[snapback]36192[/snapback]

I would be glad to send it from St.Petersburg along with cool weather. Minuses C began at night. I want spring again! :(