How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 927,811 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Gale force winds, rain and many floods,
    up north bridges being swept away!!

I've been reading about the terrible storms and floods they're having in England's Lake District. Sounds like very unusual weather for that part of the world. Let's hope they go away soon.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• We had had floods as well. On Vancouver Island people have had to evacuate.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• It Colder than A Witch's --- in Alaska here at the
    26 Bar Ranch and still a Lot of Snow on the ground after the Storm That we had !
    I had my first Spin-Out on the road in my little Tracker Car on the way to the store, but Thank God I did not Hit Anybody or Any other thing, the Snow on the road had Turned To Ice !!
    I put it into 4 Wheel Drive and everything was OK after that, I think this Old Desert Rat is going to learn how to Drive All Over Again in this kind of High Country !!!
    I think this is Why Duke Would Say,
    "I Think I Will Just Stay In Newport Beach for Christmas and Not Go to The Ranch."
    Bill
    :eek:

• We've been rainy and colder than usual. Out highs have been in the upper 40's and just plain ole cold drafty rain. Not hard, just continuious. Right now we seem to have a break from the rain, but it's coming agiain soon enough. Still cloudy and a warmer at around 60. A warm front from the gulf made its way up north and this is a classic formula for an incoming strom from an approaching cold front. No snow yet here. We may get some soon, it seems.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• fine and lovely and warm getting in the high 30's which is great, but my brother is going to have another cold christmas as he will be back in afgan.(xmastree):sad:

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Looks like the rain is finally over and we may have a break for a week from the rain. We are currenly over 12 inches in the normal rain amount this year, and that may be higher before the new year. Just a wetter than normal fall. Temps will be seasonable before the bottom drops this weekend.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Here in west London at the moment there is a bitterly cold wind and we are expecting about 4" of snow by the morning. So going to work at 0530 could be fun!! At least I am off then for 2 weeks over the Christmas and New Year period. I hope to be able to make the 180 mile drive to stay with my daughter in South Yorkshire next Wednesday as I am taking her and the 3 children to see a pantomime in the evening.

This is hot chilli weather!!!

Bob

• Short week. The forcasters can't seem the get it right. It is raining right now. We are in for the rain through tomorrow. Seems to be coming from the gulf and well, it is raining again. Temps are pretty cold.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

• They are calling for 8 -12" of snow. The local grocery stores have been cleaned out. Strange how people forget that snow plows run the night through. At least the temps according to the weatherman are to remain low enough the snow will be around until Christmas.
    Then late Christmas day it rains and clears up everything..perfect!